A Modern Day BS Man/Liz Encounter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Corey,
    I was not referring to Ischemidt, but to people like the Yorkshire Ripper etc..
    Corey wrote:
    However, a scizophrenic killer would be a "psychopathic" killer.

Precisely, but I was referring to situational killer, not serial killer.
    Anyway, Merry Xmas (thought it's still early), and I gotta put some order in this place and run buy the ducks for tomorrow. (We opted for several small ducks, which offers the possibility for better skin vs. flesh ratio, as some pervs among my friends, including me, are total suckers for the duck's skin. I almost feel already like a serial killer when confessing this.)
    Best regards,
    Maria

Comment

• Hello Michael, Maria, Corey,

Merry Chrismas to one and all.

Phil

PS Corey.. after a while on radio it was pointed out that I used the phrase "in the meantime" a lot between playing tunes... I wrote a short list of alternatives and hung it from the mic above the table in the studio.. after a week..problem solved! (however, in the meantime, carry on regardless!)
      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
      Accountability? ....

Comment

• Hello Phil,

Likewise, Merry Christmas.

Time to make my list. However, well never mind
        Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

• thanks

Hello Phil. Thanks, mate. Much food for thought here.

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

• good idea

Hello Maria. Yup. Each column is about L40. Now I know how Ms. Cornwell felt (heh-heh).

You might have a good idea about the Schwartz reference.

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

• good points

Hello Corey. Well, your post says it all. Personally, I think one should remain with the received story and the traditional suspects--at least until enough other stories fail to jibe.

And Thanks for the kind remarks about Isenschmid. Ripper or no, he is psychologically fascinating!

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

• Hello Lynn,

Indeed, we have a rare chance with Isenschmid to study the psychology of it, no doubt. Hopefully, my Rip article will spark some, eh?

Worth a try at least.

Have a good christmas my friend.
                Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

• rogue

Hello Michael. The bulk of your post is correct. I am NOT implicating chaps like Wess, Eagle, et al.

"The only possible danger I see in all this is the idea that someone went rogue."

Yes. A club visitor. Someone like the chaps from the Autonomie club. A different situation that.

Would Berner defend them? No, but they would need to deflect the blame and rigidly separate themselves from their more violent brethren.

(Incidentally, you were aware that the anarchists were basically divided into 2 groups--those who espoused "propaganda by deed" and those who abhorred violence?)

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

• Lynn Cates wrote.
                    You might have a good idea about the Schwartz reference.

Unless Dr. Turtletaub gets all greedy and doesn't wish to cooperate...
                    Best regards,
                    Maria

Comment

• JI

Hello Corey. Thanks. And all the best with the Rip piece.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

• pro

Hello Maria. No, that's not Dr. T. She is a pro and has even made suggestions that would cut back on time.

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post

(Incidentally, you were aware that the anarchists were basically divided into 2 groups--those who espoused "propaganda by deed" and those who abhorred violence?)
                          Lynn,

Of course, but strong words didn't seem to lead to much action in an aggressive way. The movement in London was so much weaker than the one in the States though they shared ideals.

Mike
                          huh?

Comment

• Okhrana

Hello Michael. Again, that's largely correct. Of course Bourdin was reckoned amongst the English anarchists.

And, of course, no law says that the Okhrana HAD to hire an anarchist. Any anti-semite or anarchist baiter would do--given the proper level of violence in the personality.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

• Lynn,

We kind of saw that with McKinley's assassin who had roots in anarchy, but acted alone.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Mike
                              huh?

Comment

• thanks

Hello Michael. Thanks. Good example of violence.

And thanks for the kind remarks.

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X