A Modern Day BS Man/Liz Encounter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mariab View Post
    [He was still young in 1888. And whimpish might have been the reason they chose him, if his testimony was indeed fabricated. Plus he had a “theatrical appearance“, whatever that means.
    Still young in 1888? Jacob Peters, George Gardstein, Peter Piatkov, all young men, capable of great violence. Theatrical appearance, yes, will we ever dechiper that one? I think not.

Observer

Comment

• Originally posted by mariab View Post
      To C.D.:
      For some reason, all the guys I've been out with had beat-up cars. It's endearing. Generally speaking, the older the car, the cooler the guy. I've never seen a guy in a BMW or a Mazerati who was not
      - gay
      - Italian (which is about the same as gay)
      - his rich dad's son
      - fiscally criminal.
      You missed out a chauffeur.

Observer

Comment

• Observer wrote:
        You missed out a chauffeur.

Totally!
        Best regards,
        Maria

Comment

• Hello Observer.
          He drug her into the yard? Schwartz crossing the street is what I mean, he was walking away from the problem, and pipeman was never moving toward the problem either, so why shift attention away from Stride? So Stride refuses to drop mints, refuses to scream, and refuses to protect herself while a drunk guy drags her into a yard, pulls out a knife, and cuts her throat?
          I confess that altruistic and cynically selfish talk seem to me about equally unreal. With all humility, I think 'whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might,' infinitely more important than the vain attempt to love one's neighbour as one's self. If you want to hit a bird on the wing you must have all your will in focus, you must not be thinking about yourself, and equally, you must not be thinking about your neighbour; you must be living with your eye on that bird. Every achievement is a bird on the wing.
          Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

• Originally posted by sleekviper View Post
            Hello Observer.
            He drug her into the yard? Schwartz crossing the street is what I mean, he was walking away from the problem, and pipeman was never moving toward the problem either, so why shift attention away from Stride? So Stride refuses to drop mints, refuses to scream, and refuses to protect herself while a drunk guy drags her into a yard, pulls out a knife, and cuts her throat?

Wouldn't there be obvious drag marks in the muddy alleyway that the police would not miss, plus mud over the back of her dress as well as just the left side of it?
            The most damning thing about Schwartz's testimony is that when taken out all the other witness testimonies make sense a fit together more roundly. Schwartz's testimony is the odd one out.

Comment

• sudden

Hello Viper. Right you are! All of which strongly suggests that she was overcome suddenly and never knew what hit her. It also suggests that BS man was properly named.

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

• contrived

Hello Garza.

"Schwartz's testimony is the odd one out."

Yes, and it looks VERY contrived.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                  Hello Viper. Right you are! All of which strongly suggests that she was overcome suddenly and never knew what hit her. It also suggests that BS man was properly named.

Cheers.
                  LC
                  Hi Lynn,

I agree. Now if we eliminate the BS man, who are we left with as Stride's killer?

c.d.

Comment

• Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                    Hi Lynn,

I agree. Now if we eliminate the BS man, who are we left with as Stride's killer?

c.d.
                    Unknown person probably.

Although the man that PC Smith seen Stride with becomes more important as he is the last person seen with Stride and they were spotted together likely about 12.40-12.45, not 12.30-12.35 as stated.

Comment

• whom?

Hello CD.

"Now if we eliminate the BS man, who are we left with as Stride's killer?"

Isn't it obvious? An anarchist (someone like Evno Azef a generation later, who worked for both sides), hired by the Okhrana who, as Butterworth indicates in his book, need a good sales pitch to emphasise the danger of anarchism.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

• club chappie

Hello Garza.

"Although the man that PC Smith seen Stride with becomes more important as he is the last person seen with Stride and they were spotted together likely about 12.40-12.45, not 12.30-12.35 as stated."

Yes, quite important. Unfortunately, he may have been merely a club member headed for home with a bundle of Der Arbeter Fraint. (See Tom's work in this regard.)

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

Hello CD.

"Now if we eliminate the BS man, who are we left with as Stride's killer?"

Isn't it obvious? An anarchist (someone like Evno Azef a generation later, who worked for both sides), hired by the Okhrana who, as Butterworth indicates in his book, need a good sales pitch to emphasise the danger of anarchism.

Cheers.
                          LC
                          Hey lynn why would an anarchist kill a casual prostitute, right outside an anarchist club no less?

Comment

Hello Garza.

"Although the man that PC Smith seen Stride with becomes more important as he is the last person seen with Stride and they were spotted together likely about 12.40-12.45, not 12.30-12.35 as stated."

Yes, quite important. Unfortunately, he may have been merely a club member headed for home with a bundle of Der Arbeter Fraint. (See Tom's work in this regard.)

Cheers.
                            LC
                            I am very familiar with Tom's work on this :-). And yes it is possible he was a club member with papers. He is a vital witness too, would have thought the police would have tracked him down!

Comment

• porque

Hello Garza. The casual prostitute angle needs a good deal more confirmation than currently exists.

Why an anarchist? Well, a good many of them worked both sides. (See Inspector Melville's testimony that he had paid many anarchists. [Source: John Quail: The Slow Burning Fuse.]) (See also, the case of Evno Azef. [Source: Alex Butterworth: The World that Never Was.])

I could multiply cases like Auguste Coulon and even Charles Mowbray, but it would bore you I daresay.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

• who me?

Hello Garza.

"He is a vital witness too, would have thought the police would have tracked him down!"

They likely tried. But if it was one of the club council, being found and forced to admit he had seen the dead woman just before she died (even though he were innocent--as he very likely was) was NOT high on his nor the club's wish list.

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X