No announcement yet.

A Modern Day BS Man/Liz Encounter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well since I look like Joe Morgan of the Cincinnati Reds, I do think that it may come as a shock to my parents if I were.
    I confess that altruistic and cynically selfish talk seem to me about equally unreal. With all humility, I think 'whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might,' infinitely more important than the vain attempt to love one's neighbour as one's self. If you want to hit a bird on the wing you must have all your will in focus, you must not be thinking about yourself, and equally, you must not be thinking about your neighbour; you must be living with your eye on that bird. Every achievement is a bird on the wing.
    Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

• Hi Tom.
      If you want it soooo badly and it helps you sleep better at night, OK then, I'll confess to admiring and worshipping you, and to certainly not being alone on these boards in that regard. Happy, now?
      (Actually, the admiring part is a total fib as it does not come naturally to me, unless there's someone throwing 900s°, and triple Axels, and floaters. Preferably not at the same time.)

Tom Wescott wrote:
      As for angocentricity

How about egocentricity?

Tom Wescott wrote:
      But we're all cousins and world dominators

It's been a while since the British lost the empire. As for the “cousins“ bonding for “world domination“, let's drop this before people start jumping in about the Irak war and Lynn has to put on his bulletproof vest again (which he spots everytime Toppy's mentioned, like in the current Examiner 5 thread).

Tom Wescott wrote:
      so I think we get along great on the boards.

And another perfect day in denial city.

sleekviper wrote:
      98% Tom? There is someone else besides me here?

Hi Sleek, got the hint when we were discussing Deep blue sea the other day. I think there's also ChainzCooper.
      Best regards,
      Maria

Comment

• sleekviper wrote:
        Well since I look like Joe Morgan of the Cincinnati Reds, I do think that it may come as a shock to my parents if I were.

Hey, I just looked at Joe Morgan online and he looks GOOD.
        Best regards,
        Maria

Comment

• Hi Maria. Getting snippy with me now? Caz getting to you? Be nice. As for 'denial', I don't see what you mean. I think we do all get along. That's not to say we don't have our fights and disagreements.

Sleek,

I had to google Joe Morgan as well. LOL. I look like Hank Hill. Wanna trade faces?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Tom Wescott wrote:
            Hi Maria. Getting snippy with me now?

Tom, were I to get “snippy“ with you, believe me, you'd notice.

Tom Wescott wrote:
            As for 'denial', I don't see what you mean. I think we do all get along.

One word for you: “Toppy“.
            Three words: “The Aberconway version“.
            Three words: “Sir Robert Anderson“.
            Five words: “A picture of Gordon Brown“.
            Two words: “Alternative Ripperology“.
            I could go on forever. (And I didn't even utter “stationary“. Because I didn't know it was a typo either.)
            Best regards,
            Maria

Comment

• Hi Maria. I've been here since 1998, so I'm aware of those and more. You might remember Tom vs Perry Mason, but where's Perry now? LOL. Karen Trenouth caused a big mess, but where is she? I'm talking about the boards as it is right now. Even Mike Covell has been allowed to live and is minding his P's and Q's. So where's the big hatefest?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Hi Tom.
                I've certainly noticed about Karen Trenouth and her instantly prepared books on the occult. And after a couple of months of thinking people on casebook often referenced Perry Mason the fictional lawyer, I finally got wind of the Stride threads from 2 years ago. For the other person you've mentioned, I've even heard something about appropriating someone else's idea or something, but still not able to figure it out.
                I enjoy Jon Guy's interventions because they're a riot. And I love how the Kozminskiphiles and the anti-Kozminskys fight over Anderson. It's priceless.
                But most parts of the Birchwood 'debate' I found unbelievably ugly.
                And I love Toppy because it has a good sound, like a name for a dog or something. But still not completely clear on the plumber reference here.
                And I really, really-really don't wanna fight. But I can't seem to stop teasing you. For some reason I like it when you get pissed at me.
                Best regards,
                Maria

Comment

• I'm not even remotely pissed at you, Maria. I think you're good peeps. And God bless Jon Guy.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Tom Wescott wrote:
                    And God bless Jon Guy.

Amen! And for similar reasons I ADORE Trevor Marriott. But at least Trevor has a sense of humor. He really does, you know.
                    Best regards,
                    Maria

Comment

• And where has Trevor been lately? Hmmm. See what I mean? The boards are not very angst ridden these days.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Tom,
                        Trevor's been breaking stones in exile, but I often notice him logging in. It's TOTALLY cute. (And aren't I a good spy?)

Tom Wescott wrote:
                        The boards are not very angst ridden these days.

Well, I certainly supplied enough of that in this thread. Someone should pay me a fee for entertaining you.
                        Best regards,
                        Maria

Comment

• Hank Hill would be an interesting combination. Tom, I live in the town of State Farm Headquarters, the look just screams mid-west corporate. It was founded by a farmer, and they never left the look of small town neighbor.
                          I confess that altruistic and cynically selfish talk seem to me about equally unreal. With all humility, I think 'whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might,' infinitely more important than the vain attempt to love one's neighbour as one's self. If you want to hit a bird on the wing you must have all your will in focus, you must not be thinking about yourself, and equally, you must not be thinking about your neighbour; you must be living with your eye on that bird. Every achievement is a bird on the wing.
                          Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

• Originally posted by sleekviper View Post
                            I live in the town of State Farm Headquarters
                            Good evening Sleek,

I got rear-ended by a woman driver. Totalled my Buick. Since she was at fault I went to her insurance adjuster at State Farm who was a real hard case. He had a deformed hand he got in an auto accident and used that as an argument that things weren't so bad for me and my whiplash.

But I told him, truthfully, that I was a State Farm customer too, and he cut me a big check.

Roy
                            Sink the Bismark

Comment

• Hello Roy,
                              That sounds about right. I stopped holding State Farm, because the cross town rival, Country Financial, quoted me a better rate. Another big insurance carrier, they have headquarters three blocks from State Farm. On December 27, 2009, some one merged on the highway doing roughly 30 in a 70, then moved into the passing lane directly in front of me. I turned hard left, went off the road, and rolled 3 times. At some point in the rolling, my seatbelt did not restrain as it should, and I was half out the vehicle, and rolled over myself. I should be dead, but not only do I live, I stay alert for all this. Guy that was behind me stops and asks if I am alright, and says he will go get the police that we had just passed. They show up, I give them the insurance card, then they ask what happened? I said I do not know, and when I went to lift my left hand for the first time, it fell to my left elbow. Off I go to the hospital, and they can not admit me because I am classified as level one trauma. Level one trauma unit is an hour away, so off we go again. Long story short, I get there, personnel from two hospitals are waiting, and although I look the same with only scars on the arm, I have a large amount of titanium in me. My insurance tells me that an accident has to include two vehicles, so since I missed the person that cut me off, it is not an accident, and they won't cover a thing. Should have kept State Farm.
                              Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

• I guess State Farm Headquarters is Bloomington, Illinois? Once (2 years ago) I applied for a job at the college-what-its-name there, and I got very close to getting it (was in the final short list, before the last selection for the interviews), but then not.
                                Wow, sounds like a real nasty breakage you got on your arm, Sleekviper. Can you move the arm more or less freely now? Nasty car crashes produce the worst injuries, and I have to confess that of all possible bad things happening, it's the one that really scares me. (Plane crashes, I'm more or less reconciled to the idea, after having gotten used to some pretty intense turbulence, particularly in the last couple years.)
                                Despite doing big air (well, not yet the biggest, as I'd like to) in freestyle snowboarding, I was lucky enough to not have broken anything more than a finger so far. (And some toes, and a severe ankle injury while surfing.) I really hope it gets no worse than that. (If possible.)
                                I've never seen King of the hills, although I hear that it was on German TV. I think Beavis and Butthead are SO innocent and cute. I don't think that Tom is so much as Hank Hill as he claims.
                                Best regards,
                                Maria

Comment

Working...
                                X