Elizabeth's personality...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, Nino,

If you are new, you are getting started on the right track. Studying the biographies of the people in this saga and the life and times they lived in is just as important as studying the evidence and related information.
    Best Wishes,
    Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

I thought that this question would be impossible to answer now but, Hunter, I think that you have got the exact right note. Thank you.

Longliz -almost everybody is sensitive (unless they are sociopaths), the difference is some people are very defensive and don't exteriorise it as much as others. Therefore describing Liz as sensitive has no real meaning -she could probably be as sensitive as the next person, when she wasn't lying or
      socking someone in the face.

Kensei -I'm sorry to hear about your bitter experience, but that is very extreme behaviour that you're describing, and you shouldn't transpose it onto Liz, who sounds roughly like thousands of other 'unfortunates'.

It's a bit harsh to criticise Liz for trying to look her best despite her 'station' in life ! (sorry, I could go into a rant here...I hate the way some people
      won't give money to beggars whom they perceive as looking too well dressed.
      Why should someone poor not be allowed pride in their appearance, when you can dress very well for less than the price of a bottle of wine nowadays ?
      It's forcing beggars into a humiliating role playing game. Rant over).
      http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Ruby,
        Wow, surprised to see this thread revived and a comment on something I wrote almost two years ago. In looking back at what I said, I was not criticizing Liz for wanting to look nice but was merely making comparisons between her and my former friend, who tended to be a bit of a neat freak and whose home always looked immaculate. Just speculating whether that might be a common trait found in compulsive liars.

Comment

Originally posted by kensei View Post
          Ruby,
          Wow, surprised to see this thread revived and a comment on something I wrote almost two years ago. In looking back at what I said, I was not criticizing Liz for wanting to look nice but was merely making comparisons between her and my former friend, who tended to be a bit of a neat freak and whose home always looked immaculate. Just speculating whether that might be a common trait found in compulsive liars.
          Hi Kensei (hope that you're keeping well ?),

-I didn't look at the dates ! I look under new 'posts', and someone else revived the thread...

I am just mentally flicking back through people that I'm known over the years, but I can't find anything to correlate with your speculation. I don't
          choose 'compulsive liars' as my friends, and some are extremely messy and some are immaculate. I have met compulsive liars over the years, but they were a mixed bunch. It is true that some people with a mental health problems may also have an OCD for tidyness -but 'immaculate' people may simply be better organised and waste less time on Internet forums than me !

(you have stung me into going to clean my bathroom now...)
          http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Originally posted by Rubyretro View Post
            Hi Kensei (hope that you're keeping well ?),

(you have stung me into going to clean my bathroom now...)
            Thanks so much for making me laugh out loud at 3:30 in the morning, Ruby. I had kind of a rotten day and needed that very much.

Comment

Originally posted by kensei View Post
              Ruby,
              If the reason for the lying is to make themselves appear better, then I can see where keeping everything spotless and looking its best might be part of the same mental attitude. It seems very important what everyone thinks about them.

Comment

I read somewhere(not entirely sure where) she was a compulsive liar. Other than her known history we really know next to nothing of her personality. That could be said of most of the victims unfortunately. What little we do know could be rumors or lies.

Regards,

Dan

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by Samurai X View Post
                  I read somewhere(not entirely sure where) she was a compulsive liar. Other than her known history we really know next to nothing of her personality. That could be said of most of the victims unfortunately. What little we do know could be rumors or lies.

Regards,

Dan
                  Think of Kidney. Many assume he was abussive. The source of this assumption derives from, presumably, Stride herself. Who is apparently "a proven liar". How far does the varifiable data actually allow us to go?
                  Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

Working...
                  X