Did jack kill liz stride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom,

It is an interesting interpretation. I personally don't have any fixed opinion on the GSG so I wouldn't pick any.

Yours truly
    Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

• Hi Corey,

you're a good egg...! Last year, I made the very same suggestion (nothing= Eddowes) to one of my (Swedish) friends...and he got angry immediatly...thinking I was pulling his leg... In fact, I was merely kidding.

Now, seriously, I think the GSG is Jack's...
      At least, it's more likely to be Jack's, because if not, its meaning becomes more abstruse.
      Add to this the fact that it was fresh.
      Add to this the obvious "Jewish dimension" of the double event.
      Add to this the fact that the piece of apron is the ONLY clue ever left by the murderer.

Amitiés,
      David

ps: thanks for what you know

Comment

• David,

The GSG is important no matter what. Whoever wrote it, the killer of Kate Eddowes desided to drop it there. It has a meaning to who put that peice of apron there.

That meaning depends on your view of the GSG.

If you think its genuine then you can get many different interpretations out of it.

If he didn't write it, then he may have dropped it there to divert attention away from himself or to cause trouble with the jews.

Yours truly
        Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

• Hey Tom,

What about Stride ? Everyone must now be in agreement who her killer was, right ?

If I get a little time later I might stir the pot a little, without being sarcastic.
          Maybe a look at the witnesses- who to believe; who not to believe. There were plenty of them. Of course , that was part of the problem and the fact that the killer didn't leave a business card at the scene. He should have thought about that and saved us alot of trouble. Make us go do some real work for a change. Which reminds me ...
          Best Wishes,
          Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

• Hi Hunter,

I'll look forward to seeing what you have to say.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Hello you all!

Or was it a secretive, opportunistic anti-semite, wanting to cause a witch-hunt against the jews of the East End?!

All the best
              Jukka
              "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

• Jukka,

Perhaps.

I personally think it was to mis-direct attention away from himself.

Yours truly
                Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

• Is there a doctor in the house?

I have been trying to work on this but I'm really struggling.I just dont got the smarts.
                  If we can accept PC Smiths evidence, and Dr Blackwells.We have 12.35 and 1.16 which obviously means Elizabeth was killed sometime inbetween.
                  From the moment her throat was cut; 1. Blood would have flowed out 2. It would have clotted and coagulated (see I have been researching this)
                  This would have taken a period of time.
                  Based on the blood evidence would it be possible to work out at least an approximate time she was attacked?
                  Of course there are the usual load of variables, which is why I need someone with a brain.
                  regards
                  martin

Comment

• Martin

Of coarse you could.

I would have to see the doctors testimony. We cannot get a 100% accurate TOD but we can estimate.

Yours truly
                    Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

• Hi Martin,

Those who could help you are all dead and buried, I'm afraid.

Amitiés,
                      David

Comment

• David,

Correct you are, we can still get an estimate.
                        Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

• Diemschutz eta 1.00 '2 quarts of blood' (eight pints, which means she must have bled out entirley, how Diemschutz came by this estimation is something I have not found out, seems fairer to say a lot of blood)

So how long would it take a woman of her size, given her injuries to bleed out 8 pints of blood?(or 6 0r 7)

PC Lamb eta 1.05? 'some of the blood had started to congeal', average time is 10-15 minutes but it can vary.

Dr Blackwell eta 1.16 '1lb of clotted blood'

Forensics do something called a blood volume test to determine times but I am getting nowhere fast trying to find about it
                          regards
                          martin

Comment

• Martin,

While I can perfectly do psychological profiles pretty well, math isn't my stong point.

Sorry
                            Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

• Me neither, I wish I wasn't quite so thick, I had a go on nintendo Brain Training once, after playing it for 5 minutes a message came on the screen telling me to ring for an ambulance.
                              still, I'll leave it out there in the hope someone can help.
                              alll the best martin

Comment

• Martin,

My bet is Gareth can answer it for you. He knows a bit about this kind of thing. He is gone for now I think though.

Hope you get an answer.

Yours truly

p.s This Stride thread died down. Great discussion though, maybe the best Stride talk on here yet.
                                Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Working...
                                X