No announcement yet.

Those Damned Cachous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why in the world would she dress up for a cleaning assignment? It's not like she got the cleaning assignment after undergoing a series of grueling interviews and wanted to continue to impress. Plus as Lynn always says the club members didn't have a pot to pee in. If it was her job to clean, why would they care how she was dressed?

Why not tell the police that Liz was there to clean? That makes a lot more sense than coming up with the B.S. man story.

c.d.

Comment

• Kidney, Third Party or Jack

If Stride's was not a Ripper killing it pretty much has to have been domestic I would have thought. That, in all probability, would mean Kidney. That in itself raises a problem because of the location. Berner Street was not exactly off the beaten track but it's not the sort of place I would expect to find Michael Kidney looking for her. That (to me) suggests either:

it wasn't Kidney or

Kidney expected to find her around the IWMEC, in which case there is every reason to suppose that she was known to the people who frequented those premises. I see no reason for them to deny knowing Stride if they did know her and her killer was not one of their number.

To me (personal view only) the chances of Stride having been killed by someone other than either Kidney or JtR are negligible - and I don't think she was killed by Michael Kidney. For me, by process of elimination of the other possibilities (Kidney or 3rd party) the killer of Stride, on the balance of probabilities - if only 70/30 is JtR.
      I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by c.d. View Post
        Why in the world would she dress up for a cleaning assignment? It's not like she got the cleaning assignment after undergoing a series of grueling interviews and wanted to continue to impress. Plus as Lynn always says the club members didn't have a pot to pee in. If it was her job to clean, why would they care how she was dressed?

Why not tell the police that Liz was there to clean? That makes a lot more sense than coming up with the B.S. man story.

c.d.
        Good point.
        I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Hello Bridewell,

Kidney had to be suspect number one and unless the police were total idiots I have to believe they asked him for an alibi and verified it. If it couldn't be verified (he was sleeping for example) I would expect them to have Schwartz take a look at him. I think Kidney can be safely ruled out.

c.d.

Comment

Hello Bridewell,

Kidney had to be suspect number one and unless the police were total idiots I have to believe they asked him for an alibi and verified it. If it couldn't be verified (he was sleeping for example) I would expect them to have Schwartz take a look at him. I think Kidney can be safely ruled out.

c.d.
            It's documented that her closest associates (i.e. Kidney) provied alibis that were confirmed.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Here's a thought...

There was blood on the back of her hand and wrist. Smears, not like, soaked. Which no one could explain, and understandable since it makes no sense for it to be on the back of her hand. Any contact with her wounds would put the blood on the palm. And given her position the hand was never in the blood pool, which would have covered the hand not created a smear.

What if the blood on her hand wasn't hers? In the misspent bits of youth I have busted some noses. You get blood drips from knuckles to wrist. What if she threw a punch? That might change the dynamic quite a bit. I mean, if she slugged somebody during some conflict and walked away, that might be terribly enraging to someone.
              The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Errata View Post
                Here's a thought...

There was blood on the back of her hand and wrist. Smears, not like, soaked. Which no one could explain, and understandable since it makes no sense for it to be on the back of her hand. Any contact with her wounds would put the blood on the palm. And given her position the hand was never in the blood pool, which would have covered the hand not created a smear.

What if the blood on her hand wasn't hers? In the misspent bits of youth I have busted some noses. You get blood drips from knuckles to wrist. What if she threw a punch? That might change the dynamic quite a bit. I mean, if she slugged somebody during some conflict and walked away, that might be terribly enraging to someone.
                It was hers, placed there by accident by Edward Johnston who loosened her collar and felt her neck for a pulse before reaching for that wrist to feel for a pulse. The blood was not noticed prior to Johnston but was after, and the killer would have little reason to a) have cut himself, or b) felt her wrist.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hello Bridewell,

c.d.
                  Anyone who discounts Stride thinks the police were idiots.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• G'Day Tom

You sure they weren't

GUT
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                      G'Day Tom

You sure they weren't

GUT
                      They weren't perfect, but this wasn't their first trip around the block. We're talking about Abberline, Reid, et al. Not the Keystones of J Division.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• G'Day Tom

Actually I agree I don't think that they'd really be much better or worse, compared to the criminals, than what we have today.

GUT
                        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• dressing

Hello CD.

"Plus as Lynn always says the club members didn't have a pot to pee in. If it was her job to clean, why would they care how she was dressed?"

Quite. I do not dress for my manual labour jobs.

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

• Not Kidney--different bean.

Hello Colin. Meet you half way--it was NOT Kidney.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

• cachous

Hello Errata.

"What if she threw a punch? That might change the dynamic quite a bit. I mean, if she slugged somebody during some conflict and walked away, that might be terribly enraging to someone."

With cachous in hand?

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

• G'Day

I read it as clotted blood on the back of her hand, could it have simply dripped from the knife?

G.U.T.
                                G U T

Comment

Working...
                                X