Those Damned Cachous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Lynn,

Let's see if we can simplify our positions. I believe there was only one killer for all of the C5 and that was the individual known as Jack the Ripper. How many killers of the C5 do you believe there were?

c.d.

Comment

• simple is best

Hello CD. Thanks.

More than one.

Simple enough?

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

• Hello Lynn,

It looks like you are not in the mood to be pinned down. No problem.

c.d.

Comment

• Pointer to pointing Percy

Hi Tom

Not to worry mate, I've found the pointer I needed in Hunter's second post on this page

http://forum.casebook.org/showthread...=3703&page=100

Thanks anyway

Dave
          Last edited by Cogidubnus; 01-04-2014, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
            Hi Tom

Not to worry mate, I've found the pointer I needed in Hunter's second post on this page

Thanks anyway

Dave
            Thanks Cogi.
            Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

Hi Tom

Thanks anyway

Dave
              You're satisfied with Hunter's unsourced assertion that the privy was 'around back' even though I stated it was at the side of the yard? Very well, you've saved me time in having to provide my sources.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• evidence

Hello CD. Thanks.

Not enough evidence to pin down; just barely enough to reject the lone assassin nonsense.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                  Hello CD. Thanks.

Not enough evidence to pin down; just barely enough to reject the lone assassin nonsense.

Cheers.
                  LC
                  Hello Lynn,

Then that seems like quite a leap to call the lone assassin "nonsense."

c.d.

Comment

• Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                    Hello Lynn,

Then that seems like quite a leap to call the lone assassin "nonsense."

c.d.
                    If you think that's rich, Lynn also thinks that more than just Sickert wrote some of the thousands of Ripper letters. There's just no convincing some people.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Hi Tom

You're satisfied with Hunter's unsourced assertion that the privy was 'around back' even though I stated it was at the side of the yard? Very well, you've saved me time in having to provide my sources.
                      Not at all unsourced Tom...In his second post on that page (#997) Hunter quotes PC Lamb.

In any event I was rather less interested in the precise location ... it was the privies very existence that picqued my curiosity as I'd not previously realised they were there and it was THAT source I was interested in...sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

All the best

Dave

Comment

• If my 2 cents are worth anything, the two privies were at the side and there was also a recess and a dust bin on the side. One of the privies was locked and neither seems to have been checked by Constable Lamb at the time he arrived. It was they were checked later. This is all clear in the inquest testimony and Lamb seems to have been chastised a bit, though that could have just been coroner power-tripping. These places were on the side, but back a bit from the main part of the Club, so they're being 'in back' is not technically incorrect.

Mike
                        huh?

Comment

• Hi Good Michael. As Dave said, he couldn't care less where the privies were actually located. He just wanted to confirm that a three-story house full of young men drinking beer would have a privy. To suggest such a thing without hard proof would, of course, be mere speculation.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Hi Tom

Were they drinking beer? ...was the place licensed as a beer shop then?

All the best

Dave

Comment

Hi Tom

Were they drinking beer? ...was the place licensed as a beer shop then?

All the best

Dave
                              Yes they were, and no it wasn't.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• one track mind

Hello CD. Thanks.

Perhaps I should have remarked, Unsinn.

Seriously, a couple days ago I watched one of my favourite Poirot episodes.

When Hercule sums up, there is one chap, McNeil who insists that Ridgway is the culprit. More than once the great detective must remind poor McNeil that Ridgway had nothing to do with it.

On the other hand, a one-track mind has advantages--it rarely derails.

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X