Those Damned Cachous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post

She isnt drunk when killed, we have no witnesses state they saw her drink or eat anything, and we know that A) she had 6d when she left the lodging house but no maidenfern and rose on her jacket, and B) no-one at the lodging house saw her take a cashous.
    I don't recall anyone mentioning if she had a bowel movement either. That might be an avenue to pursue as well and may be more important than when and where she got her cachous. In fact, it would be even easier to pinpoint which public toilet she used than to figure out where she got cachous because she certainly would have a favorite place to do that business.

Mike
    huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
      I don't recall anyone mentioning if she had a bowel movement either. That might be an avenue to pursue as well and may be more important than when and where she got her cachous. In fact, it would be even easier to pinpoint which public toilet she used than to figure out where she got cachous because she certainly would have a favorite place to do that business.

Mike
      As I've mentioned before, the closest available toilets to where she was lingering would have been in Dutfield's Yard. There were two water closets on the other side of the passage from the kitchen door. I'd be surprised if she hadn't used them. Not sure how that helps us, though. And we'll never know where she bought the cachous or if she bought it at all.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
        As I've mentioned before, the closest available toilets to where she was lingering would have been in Dutfield's Yard. There were two water closets on the other side of the passage from the kitchen door. I'd be surprised if she hadn't used them. Not sure how that helps us, though. And we'll never know where she bought the cachous or if she bought it at all.
        Tom,

It's just that, relatively speaking, where a person takes a dump is more important than breath mints in the grand scheme of things. I was referring to where she would have been most comfortable moving her bowels, though if Dutfields had clean privies, why not head there. This could be the answer to why she was near (not AT) the club. A creature of habit. Stride...done. Next solicitor please.

Mike
        huh?

Comment

• help

Hello CD. Thanks.

"My advice would be to start small. Assume that there was such a person as Jack the Ripper and go from there."

Surely this puts the cart before the horse? Why not assume some women died, then compare and contrast?

"Hope that helps."

Help what? It certainly helps one sleep or, what is the same, wave the hand and mutter, "Well, somehow Jack found a way to . . ."

Ever wonder why there are so many myths about "Jack"?

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

• person or persons unknown

Hello Tom. Right you are. And the findings at ALL inquests were, ". . . person or persons unknown."

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

• explanation

Hello (again) Tom.

"the closest available toilets to where she was lingering would have been in Dutfield's Yard. There were two water closets on the other side of the passage from the kitchen door. I'd be surprised if she hadn't used them. Not sure how that helps us, though."

Well, it could explain what she was doing in the yard and subsequently coming out.

Of course, it would NOT explain why her assailant followed her out and cut her throat. (Unless, of course, she absconded with the last bit of toilet tissue. heh-heh)

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

• Hello Lynn,

Well if we go with the premise that there was no Jack then we are forced to believe that a number of men who had a penchant for cutting the throats of prostitutes and taking out their organs all somehow ended up in Whitechapel over the course of a few months. While that is certainly possible, I myself find it extremely unlikely.

c.d.

Comment

• Hi Tom

As I've mentioned before, the closest available toilets to where she was lingering would have been in Dutfield's Yard. There were two water closets on the other side of the passage from the kitchen door. I'd be surprised if she hadn't used them.
                  This is wonderfully informative stuff...and, provided you're right, potentially quite significant... as you suggest...does this come from the insurance maps please or where?

All the best

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                    Hi Tom

This is wonderfully informative stuff...and, provided you're right, potentially quite significant... as you suggest...does this come from the insurance maps please or where?

All the best

Dave
                    It comes with my familiarity of Berner Street at that time. Consider where she was seen standing after 12:30am - in front of the club, in front of the board school, then in the yard by the gates. The shops and beer house were closed, and the yard was the closest place to her, and it had two WCs. The gates of the yard were virtually always open and accessible to anyone. In fact the club encouraged strangers (because that's how they got money and supplies), so nobody would look out of place coming and going.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Hi Tom

I think you may have misunderstood my intent. I'm not asking in the sense of alleged witnesses being awake, up and about in the cottages, (idiotic tosser), or anything else, so don't get me wrong.

I'm simply asking was what was the original source of info re the presence of the two WCs? State that, prove it, and I'm halfway there with you...

All the best

Dave

Comment

• Hi Dave. I'd have to look it up. Been a long time.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Cheers Tom,

I'd be grateful - it's simply that it's a detail I'd not heard before

All the best as ever

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                            It comes with my familiarity of Berner Street at that time.
                            Tom is much older than he lets on
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• premise

Hello CD. Thanks.

"Well if we go with the premise that there was no Jack. . ."

But why do this either? Why not look at a number of details, THEN decide how many were involved?

". . . then we are forced to believe that a number of men who had a penchant for cutting the throats of prostitutes and taking out their organs all somehow ended up in Whitechapel over the course of a few months."

Don't mean to be contrary but we are "forced" to do no such thing. We have NO information about penchants--or motives or desires. Other than Polly and Annie, we know NOTHING about prostitution--pro or con. And I doubt that Liz had her organs taken--nor yet Polly. All we have are the crime scene details, and those are incomplete. Why get ahead of ourselves?

"While that is certainly possible, I myself find it extremely unlikely."

I consider it both unlikely and a gross distortion of what I am actually saying.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

• Hi everyone.

Wasn't one of the WCs reported to have been locked?
                                Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

Working...
                                X