Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cadfael

Hello CD. Thanks.

OK, to understand my thought, get a copy of Brother Cadfael, "One Corpse too Many." Think it's available through YouTube. Then, let's discuss.

(By the way, even if you reject the thinking, it IS entertaining.)

Cheers.
    LC
    Last edited by lynn cates; 08-03-2014, 09:54 AM.

Comment

rightly or wrongly

Hello Cris. Precisely. Your wording, too, is exactly correct.

And, as I've said so often before, IF Bagster and Baxter are wrong, so am I.

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
        Hello CD. Thanks.

OK, to understand my thought, get a copy of Brother Cadfael, "One Corpse too Many." Think it's available through YouTube. Then, let's discuss.

(By the way, even if you reject the thinking, it IS entertaining.)

Cheers.
        LC
        Hello Lynn,

As I long suspected, your arguments are based on fiction.

c.d.

Comment

Well, I see Baxter as being very inconsistent, but Phillips is a different story. Baxter ran with Phillips when it suited him and ignored it when it didn't. Phillips just called it as he saw it each time. But I do believe he adjusted as the series went on and new information came to light.

As one who was a stickler for detail, he would not have overlooked the exceptional and stark similarities in the dissections of Chapman and Kelly, but he obviously saw enough dissimilarity in one or more of the others - purely on the physical evidence - while admitting that he lacked the ability to analyse any psychological aspect or the different environments encompasing each situation. Whether that's a fault or an asset to him is hard to say.

As was apparently embedded in his near puritanical nature, he rarely saw shades of grey, but stark black and white.
          Best Wishes,
          Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Neither Baxter nor Phillips were policemen and were only giving their opinions from a medical perspective.

c.d.

Comment

hands

Hello Cris. Thanks. Pretty much agree.

But I AM glad to see that Baxter did not originate the idea that the mutilations were not as skilful.

Permit me to ask you personally--since you are a veteran hunter--can you not distinguish between an old hand cutting up a deer and a young greenhorn?

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

medical opinion

Hello CD. All we are talking about here are medical opinions. A skilled surgeon, in my estimation, would spot the difference in an experienced knifesman and one who was inexperienced.

And, by the way, I have ALWAYS valued the medicos opinion far above the police, who come in a distant second.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

Working...
                X