Organ removal ? Warning Graphic Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

The victims were killed where they were found !

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
    Quite probably Trevor, but after the questions raised by Baxter at the Chapman inquest, don't you think that there would have been a higher level of custody of Eddowes body?

Cheers, George
    They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
    Out of a misty dream
    Our path emerges for a while, then closes
    Within a dream.
    Ernest Dowson - Vitae Summa Brevis​

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

I thought that sarcasm was ‘not cricket’ George. Oh I forgot…..only when it comes from me

Doctors in 1888 could cut up a body. They couldn’t accurately predict TOD. 2 different skills George. Modern day experts can’t do it that accurately but obviously you believe that Phillips could. Up to you.
      Modern day experts can't produce Damascus steel or concrete that lasts 2000 years either, so what's your point?
      Out of a misty dream
      Within a dream.

Comment

Originally posted by GBinOz View Post

Modern day experts can't produce Damascus steel or concrete that lasts 2000 years either, so what's your point?
        From Wikipedia, the source of all truth and knowledge, in the entry on Damascus Steel this is disputed:

Loss of the technique

Many claim that modern attempts to duplicate the metal have not been entirely successful due to differences in raw materials and manufacturing techniques. However, several individuals in modern times have successfully produced pattern forming hypereutectoid crucible steel with visible carbide banding on the surface, consistent with original Damascus Steel.

The last bit, which is basically suggesting that it has been recreated, has 3 citations, namely:
        Verhoeven, J.D.; Pendray, A.H.; Dauksch, W.E. (1998). "The key role of impurities in ancient damascus steel blades". Journal of Metallurgy. 50 (9): 58. Bibcode:1998JOM....50i..58V. doi:10.1007/s11837-998-0419-y. S2CID 135854276

Wadsworth, Jeffrey; Sherby, Oleg D. (1980). "On the Bulat – Damascus Steel Revisited". Prog. Mater. Sci. 25 (1): 35–68. doi:10.1016/0079-6425(80)90014-6

and

John Verhoeven: Mystery of Damascus Steel Swords Unveiled". Archived from the original on 11 August 2018.

But this is so far outside of anything I'm familiar with I have no way of critiquing any of them. Still, it appears the idea that the idea that the process of how to make Damascus steel is lost is disputed, which I think is pretty cool.

- Jeff

Comment

Worth reading the whole entry ..... Damascus steel - Wikipedia
          My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Meanwhile, back at Mitre Square, did or didn't Jack remove organs from Cathy Eddowes in the darkness using a knife perhaps with a Damascus steel blade, either long or short? Just asking.
            Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

Yes
              My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
                Yes
                Thought so.
                Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

Nice to know you're keeping an eye on everyone Jeff.

Best regards, George
                  Out of a misty dream
                  Within a dream.

Comment

good lord
                    Last edited by Abby Normal; 09-18-2022, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Quite probably Trevor, but after the questions raised by Baxter at the Chapman inquest, don't you think that there would have been a higher level of custody of Eddowes body?

Cheers, George
                      Hi George

There were two differnet police forces involved along with two different mortuaries, the method of extraction of the organs from both bodies was also differnet suggesting two differnet persons had removed the organs, and to answer your question I dont think that would have occurred, after all there was no detailed examination of the bodies at the crime scene, and it was only at the later post mortems that the organs were found to be missing, the misguided belief then was that the killer had removed them at the crime scene but the evidence from then and now tells us something different.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

Hi George

There were two differnet police forces involved along with two different mortuaries, the method of extraction of the organs from both bodies was also differnet suggesting two differnet persons had removed the organs, and to answer your question I dont think that would have occurred, after all there was no detailed examination of the bodies at the crime scene, and it was only at the later post mortems that the organs were found to be missing, the misguided belief then was that the killer had removed them at the crime scene but the evidence from then and now tells us something different.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                        i have read some of posts before.
                        it sounds like your saying that the organs were removed at the mortuary.
                        for resale ?
                        or practitioner at ? practice learning trade ?
                        teaching with dead corpse ?
                        Last edited by milchmanuk; 09-18-2022, 07:46 AM.

Comment

for me a skilled man taking organs in the dark is something you could ponder a lifetime.
                          your pictures you use show how difficult it is.

Comment

Its a very obvious point George. A Doctor could cut and remove a kidney in 1888. They knew how to use a knife, how long it took to cut through skin,, and fat etc. So a Doctor could make a reasonable estimate about how long it would take to cut out an organ.

But a Doctor in 1888 couldn’t make a TOD estimate that was more accurate and reliable than a forensic expert in 2022.

Are you now going to spend the rest of your time on here just finding whatever post I make on whatever subject just so that you can disagree with it?

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by milchmanuk View Post

for resale ?
                              100% correct

Comment

Originally posted by milchmanuk View Post

for resale ?
                                Apart from when it came to Mary Kelly. Then it was a convenient "copycat".

Comment

Working...
                                X