Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Juwes Are The Men That Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing

Originally posted by RivkahChaya View Post
    I'm willing to believe he either took the kidney on impulse, or just planned badly, and so he took part of her apron to carry the kidney, but then happened upon something, like a glass or pail, or even butcher paper, that was more suited to carrying it, and so he left the apron and took the kidney off in the new container. The graffito is a coincidence. There was probably lots of graffiti in that part of the city, and the chances were that wherever the apron landed, it would have landed near some kind of graffito.
    I feel it is pretty much of a coincidence also that the first murder that night happened in the yard of the Jewish Working Man's Educational Club and the second adjacent to the Great Synagogue....

Comment

• I'm prepared to acknowledge that my theory is not watertight and you don't have to believe it if you don't want to.

But I can't bring myself to believe that someone who has just committed murder would suddenly decide to cut out a kidney, wrap it in a piece of apron which somehow gets sh*t on it, and then walk across London carrying the thing.

That makes less sense to me than Eddowes being on the blob.

Comment

• Originally posted by IchabodCrane View Post
        I feel it is pretty much of a coincidence also that the first murder that night happened in the yard of the Jewish Working Man's Educational Club and the second adjacent to the Great Synagogue....
        But is there anywhere in Whitechapel that this sort of connection couldn't be made?

If not to Jewish locations, to schools or churches or some other group of properties.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by All4One View Post
          I'm prepared to acknowledge that my theory is not watertight and you don't have to believe it if you don't want to.

But I can't bring myself to believe that someone who has just committed murder would suddenly decide to cut out a kidney, wrap it in a piece of apron which somehow gets sh*t on it, and then walk across London carrying the thing.

That makes less sense to me than Eddowes being on the blob.
          What proof is there that any decision to take a kidney (if he did so) was sudden.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by RivkahChaya View Post
            I'm willing to believe he either took the kidney on impulse, or just planned badly, and so he took part of her apron to carry the kidney, but then happened upon something, like a glass or pail, or even butcher paper, that was more suited to carrying it, and so he left the apron and took the kidney off in the new container. The graffito is a coincidence. There was probably lots of graffiti in that part of the city, and the chances were that wherever the apron landed, it would have landed near some kind of graffito.
            Hi Rivkah
            Can you give further examples of graffiti written in this way, bearing in mind the east end literacy rates at this time.
            If it said "oh lord,it must be the Jewish immigrants who are responsible for these heinous activities "
            Would you say that's normal graffiti for the area?
            Do you not think a local would have written differently? Graffiti, by nature,uses shortened, slang words and they would spell nothing and blamed wrong before spelling Jews wrong, it's a word they would see everyday in the area.it's a nonsense to suggest it's just everyday local slang graffiti
            You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

• Originally posted by IchabodCrane View Post
              If Jewish people were a small minority, I would agree. But I think they were around 40% of the Whitechapel/Spitalfield population.
              Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
              - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by packers stem View Post
                Hi Rivkah
                Can you give further examples of graffiti written in this way, bearing in mind the east end literacy rates at this time.
                If it said "oh lord,it must be the Jewish immigrants who are responsible for these heinous activities "
                Would you say that's normal graffiti for the area?
                Do you not think a local would have written differently? Graffiti, by nature,uses shortened, slang words and they would spell nothing and blamed wrong before spelling Jews wrong, it's a word they would see everyday in the area.it's a nonsense to suggest it's just everyday local slang graffiti
                Just an idea, but would it be possible that the graffiti was written only minutes before, as a reaction to the Stride murder on a house known to be mostly jewish lodgers?

As I recall some graffitis were written soon after the murders of Nichols and Chapman.
                Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
                - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

• Last edited by DJA; 10-11-2015, 04:57 PM. Reason: Second link.
                  My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                    But is there anywhere in Whitechapel that this sort of connection couldn't be made?

If not to Jewish locations, to schools or churches or some other group of properties.
                    I would tend to agree with you. But on the VICTORIAN LONDON: THEN AND NOW map on this site, it looks like it reads "Jew Cemetery" next to the Buck Rows murder site.
                    there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                      What proof is there that any decision to take a kidney (if he did so) was sudden.
                      I'm guessing if was preplanned he would have come prepared with something to carry the kidney. If he had to improvise then that suggests to me it was a more 'spur of the moment' thing.

Tupperware boxes are so convenient.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert St Devil View Post
                        I would tend to agree with you. But on the VICTORIAN LONDON: THEN AND NOW map on this site, it looks like it reads "Jew Cemetery" next to the Buck Rows murder site.
                        Yes, it was a very old cemetery, no longer used, I believe.

Comment

• ....and back to Simon's original post does anyone else find the use of the word 'bib' rather than apron to be odd?
                          A bib you would consider to be high up,maybe the upper part of an apron...just seems a strange choice of word

Comment

• Originally posted by packers stem View Post
                            ....and back to Simon's original
                            The anxious interest of the Home Secretary in any alternative to Jack the Ripper placing the "bib" at Goulston Street is odd.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
                              The anxious interest of the Home Secretary in any alternative to Jack the Ripper placing the "bib" at Goulston Street is odd.
                              Precisely DJA, why worry about the link to something they'd already removed and decided to pass off as anti-semitic graffiti. If they didn't believe the message to mean something more important there's no need to clarify that the 'bib' was deposited there by the killer.Quite bizarre. I'd place my house on if it read "it's the Jews what done it guv" this letter/memo would not exist

Comment

• Yep.

The graffito could be a "take" on the Jews not being blamed for Jesus crucifixion.

Only in the religious and philosophical sense.

Matthews,a Roman Catholic,never married.

He and Abberline also ran the Cleveland Street cover up.

Comment

Working...
                                X