Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we justified in labelling Kate a thief?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speculation

The road to From Hell is paved with good intentions. Sorry, couldn't resist that one!

C4

Comment

Without speculation we wouldn't be here.........I just find to clearly define the difference between fact and opinion saves a lot of tears later........As it happens,I think you may well be right,but you don't want people berating you for stating it as a fact.............

Comment

Speculation

Hallo Steve S,

Thank you. I shall be more precise in my posts in future - at least I'll try! Perhaps something along the lines of "this post contains facts and some speculation"! lol

I appreciate your words of warning, this is something I hadn't thought of.

Best wishes,
        C4

Comment

Maybe a thief ,but cosidering her prospects in life maybe she was just being a good survivor in life.

Comment

Mothers death

Her Mother Catherine Eddowes died Dec qtr 1855 Bermondsey.

Pat.......................................
            Last edited by Paddy; 01-31-2014, 07:07 PM. Reason: idiot

Comment

It's highly doubtful that she had any access to a "service" job like being a slavey or a tweenie. That requires connections. The Downton model works because they were all from the village, and all had connections.

She might well have "done" for some couple, and the experience there was as varied as families. Some of these girls were treated like family. Some were horribly abused (Annie Oakley was one such). I imagine most were somewhere in the middle.

As an afterthought, there was a job of being a scourer, but it was an industrial job usually occupied by small boys who scoured cast metal objects to clean off the mold lines. Like pewter mugs or pots or what have you.
              Last edited by Errata; 01-31-2014, 09:59 PM.
              The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

G'Day Errata

Totally agree, it would really depend, as it has almost forever, on your employer.
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
                X