Kate's Shawl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kate's Shawl

I was watching a documentary on Frederick Deeming. Not too informative or covincing as has been noted on that thread. But there was a segment dealing with trying to extract DNA from what they called Kate's shawl. Apparently some Ripperologist had this in his possession. That this existed was news to me. Is this something different from what we have been calling her apron? Here in the U.S., a shawl is worn over the shoulders for warmth as opposed to an apron worn around the waist.

c.d.

No,it is a shawl.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
      I was watching a documentary on Frederick Deeming. Not too informative or covincing as has been noted on that thread. But there was a segment dealing with trying to extract DNA from what they called Kate's shawl. Apparently some Ripperologist had this in his possession. That this existed was news to me. Is this something different from what we have been calling her apron? Here in the U.S., a shawl is worn over the shoulders for warmth as opposed to an apron worn around the waist.

c.d.
      Hi CD.

No, you are correct. it is a shawl which allegedly was worn around Kate's shoulders and has been passed down to the current owner. The provenance isn't great but neither is it awful. It could be Kate's shawl but we'll probably never know.

I did once wonder what happened to the piece of apron cut away and if it could be forensically examined for anything, but it only takes a moments thought to see what would have happened to it! having no use for it once it had been matched up it would have been destroyed.

regards,
      If I have seen further it is because I am standing on the shoulders of giants.

Comment

Working...
      X