Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catherine Eddowes Apron piece the real truth ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Have no problem with the apron piece Trevor.Like you I do not believe she was wearing it at the time of death.We differ on how the one piece came to be in the building in Goulston Street.The problem i have with Eddowes returning to Flower and Dean,is that finding her normal lodging unavailable,she would have sought friends or neighbours in the area for shelter.That could have taken more time than is allowable in the 45minutes.As to her being sighted,we can only say she was not reported as being seen,except as is likely,it was by Lawende and friends.The later I believe made no mention of an apron.

Comment

Originally posted by harry View Post
      I Have no problem with the apron piece Trevor.Like you I do not believe she was wearing it at the time of death.We differ on how the one piece came to be in the building in Goulston Street.The problem i have with Eddowes returning to Flower and Dean,is that finding her normal lodging unavailable,she would have sought friends or neighbours in the area for shelter.That could have taken more time than is allowable in the 45minutes.As to her being sighted,we can only say she was not reported as being seen,except as is likely,it was by Lawende and friends.The later I believe made no mention of an apron.
      Hi Harry

I think that had she done as you suggest someone might have seen or heard from her and they would have come forward, and then be on the witness list. If that had happened we would not be in this quandary because we would no for definite more about her movements.

Comment

Any witness to Eddowes movements other than Lawende,might have been persuaded not to come forward,as an earlier sighting would have little relevance.Unless that is,if she had been in company of a male person.

Comment

Originally posted by harry View Post
          Any witness to Eddowes movements other than Lawende,might have been persuaded not to come forward,as an earlier sighting would have little relevance.Unless that is,if she had been in company of a male person.
          Well I have to disagree any sighting of her between the time she left the police station and the time her body was found would be crucial to the police investigation as is the same today.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
            During the past week, It has now been accepted that Eddowes clearly had the time to make her way back in the direction of Flower and Dean street where she was lodging after being released, and then she would have had the time to make her way back to the city where she would meet her killer. So could Eddowes have deposited the apron piece herself whilst in that location? The answer is yes.
            This is 100% speculation on your part.

The answer to could she have done this is yes, but the answer to would she have any reason to do this is no.

When last seen by PC Hutt. Eddowes was heading in the general direction of Mitre Square, which is the opposite direction of 55 Flower and Dean Street. It makes no sense for Eddowes to go directly from Bishopsgate station to Flower and Dean unless she had doss money. If she had doss money, it makes no sense for Eddowes leave Flower and Dean and go to Mitre Square. And there are plenty of routes from Flower & Dean to Mitre sSuare that don't pass down Ghoulston Street. Sure, Eddowes had enough time to do this, but she had no reason to.
            "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

I think it is a perfectly possible explanation Trevor and one that cannot be dismissed. However on balance of probability it is more likely that the killer cut away the piece of apron, used it to wipe his hands and then dumped it in Goulston Street as he fled the scene, it just so happened to be underneath some totally unrelated graffiti and was later missed by PC Long on his first pass of the area.
              Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

Working...
              X