• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Doctored Whatsit View Post

Welcome Greenway.
    Thanks

Comment

• Long's evidence is the only evidence that can be considered,and he isn't possitive the writing and the apron piece were both present on both occassions.

Comment

• Originally posted by harry View Post
        Long's evidence is the only evidence that can be considered,and he isn't possitive the writing and the apron piece were both present on both occassions.
        long was positive the apron wasnt there the first time he came around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenway View Post

I'm not aware of any detailed description of the positioning of the apron - it would be useful to know whether it was scrunched up in the corner or laid out prominently.

I've wondered if the writing was 'pre-written'. The three key questions for me regarding the apron are 'why did he cut it up'?, 'why did he take it with him'? and 'why did he leave it where he did'? That he placed it there to associate the crime with the writing is the only explanation I've seen that answers all three (in a straightforward manner). If it was to clean up it would be quicker and easier to take the whole apron - and why dump it?

The writing doesn't really make sense to me as racist graffiti so I figure it's connected.

All the best.
          hi greenway and welcome! The ripper intentionally cut away the apron and left it with the GSG (which he wrote) to sign it. And considering the events of that evening and the ripper being disturbed/seen/interupted by Jew/s that night and the meaning of the gsg being disparaging to jews I think its fairly obvious the ripper was giving a little pay pack to said jews and some obsfucation to the police. It was also a mainy jewish residence and one of the residents would have surly wiped it off if it had been their any length of time and seen-that writing never saw the light of day.
          Last edited by Abby Normal; 09-20-2021, 03:14 PM.

Comment

I'm not aware of any detailed description of the positioning of the apron - it would be useful to know whether it was scrunched up in the corner or laid out prominently.
            It would depend on the size of the apron piece. A small piece might scrunch up, but no way could any significant sized piece scrunch up it would simply unfurl and recoil to a flat piece of material.

If it was a small piece it could have easily been missed first time round

An easy experiment for one and all to try at home

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

It would depend on the size of the apron piece. A small piece might scrunch up, but no way could any significant sized piece scrunch up it would simply unfurl and recoil to a flat piece of material.
              Wow, that's impressive. What where victorian aprons made of? Or where they heavily starched?

The piece was roughly half of the original apron, so quite large. It was directly under the writing, so right in the doorway. If it had unfurled itself flat then it's hard to see how it could have been missed on previous visits.

All the best
              Last edited by Greenway; 09-20-2021, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

hi greenway and welcome! The ripper intentionally cut away the apron and left it with the GSG (which he wrote) to sign it. And considering the events of that evening and the ripper being disturbed/seen/interupted by Jew/s that night and the meaning of the gsg being disparaging to jews I think its fairly obvious the ripper was giving a little pay pack to said jews and some obsfucation to the police. It was also a mainy jewish residence and one of the residents would have surly wiped it off if it had been their any length of time and seen-that writing never saw the light of day.
                Thanks Abby,

It's a shame it wasn't photographed or even transcribed with any certainty

All the best

Comment

Wow, that's impressive. What where victorian aprons made of? Or where they heavily starched?

The piece was roughly half of the original apron, so quite large. It was directly under the writing, so right in the doorway. If it had unfurled itself flat then it's hard to see how it could have been missed on previous visits.

All the best
                  There is no definitive evidnce to show the size of the apron piece.

Comment

• The GSG writing looked fresh per Halse. As Eddowes's had many rags for wiping the hands/knife, Trevor's experiment that it could not have been used for carrying organs, most likely, also helps in pointing to the apron being used for another purpose, for sending a message, for writing the graffito.
                    Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                    M. Pacana

Comment

• As we do not know,Greenway,the true situation regarding the writing being present on Longs first patrol after the murder of Eddowes,any attempt to use the apron and writing jointly as a clue,is down to belief,not proof.For all I or anyone else are aware of,Long himself could have written the message.It's a possibility no matter how remote,as is the possibility that Long did not tell the complete truth.

Comment

As we do not know,Greenway,the true situation regarding the writing being present on Longs first patrol after the murder of Eddowes,any attempt to use the apron and writing jointly as a clue,is down to belief,not proof.For all I or anyone else are aware of,Long himself could have written the message.It's a possibility no matter how remote,as is the possibility that Long did not tell the complete truth.
                        For all you or anyone else knows Queen Victoria could have written the message - Like the police at the time, I believe the killer wrote it.

All the best

Comment

• You are welcome to your beliefs Greenway.As I indicated,beliefs aren't proofs.

Comment

For all you or anyone else knows Queen Victoria could have written the message - Like the police at the time, I believe the killer wrote it.

All the best
                            Indeed Greenway, its pretty obvious-to me anyway. And yes you are correct they should have photographed it-bad mistake.

Comment

You are welcome to your beliefs Greenway.
                              Thank you.

As I indicated,beliefs aren't proofs.
                              Thank God!

All the best.

Comment

• Probably most persons believe the killer deposited the apron piece where it was found.Me,I am not so sure.Most posters might also believe the killer wrote the message.Me ,I am not so sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X