Kates Cuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by c.d. View Post
    The idea of Kate attempting to blackmail the Ripper seems quite far fetched to me. Even if we assume that she actually knew who the Ripper was (and that is a huge assumption) ask yourself this question. How does a person being blackmailed get rid of the blackmailer? Well they can pay them off assuming they have the funds or they can kill the person blackmailing them thus putting an end to it. So unless Kate had absolutely major league cojones it must have occurred to her that attempting to blackmail someone who would have no qualms about killing the blackmailer was probably not the best course of action. And would she have gone alone to meet Jack the night she was killed if blackmail was her intention? Again, not such a good idea. So why not take her husband or a friend or two for support? This doesn't seem to have happened.

I think the whole blackmailing scenario makes for interesting speculation but that is about it.

c.d.
    I agree c.d.

Plus the fact that Eddowes had only just returned from hop picking in Kent, which is why I think she may have been less on her guard than other women who had been stuck in the middle of the killer's playground for the entire summer.

I very much doubt she ever made that claim to know who the killer was. At most she may have imagined she could look after herself if she encountered him - a tragic mistake.

Love,

Caz
    X

"Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Just watched an episode of "Poirot" tonight. In it, the killer had the tip of a sword at Poirot's throat. Slowly, he moved it up to his face and then around his face. The message was clear -- I have total control of you and I can do anything I want to you. My feeling is that this is what the Ripper did to Kate's face and that the triangles were the start of a little game of hmmm, where should I start? Just like a cat playing with a mouse. No real significance. Just a place to start.

c.d.

Comment

• Except Kate was already dead when the cuts were inflicted .
        'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

• Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post
          Except Kate was already dead when the cuts were inflicted .
          Yes, I know.

Comment

Working...
          X