Recreating Catherine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recreating Catherine

Using the line drawing Of Catherine Eddowes as a guide, I have tried to capture here likeness as it might have been. I made it a little less old than she probably was at the time of her murder, and a little less emaciated than her morgue photos would suggest she was at that time. But im pretty happy with the results.
    Comments?
    Attached Files

recreation

Hello Aberlime. Nice work--very nice indeed.

Now, if only someone would recreate her movements from Thursday until her tragedy in Mitre sq.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

Is that clay? How did you do this? Fantastic.

Comment

Well done! It looks really good.

Greetings,

Addy

Comment

This is really good! Thanks for sharing.

Esther

Comment

Very impressive, though I don't think her face would have been so long, and she would have had a more gaunt appearance.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

You're clearly very talented; however, my only critic would be her dress--it seems fairly unlikely that, given her living situation, she would be wearing something so nice.

Comment

I think that to have the best idea of what Catherine looked like is to look at the photographs of her grand-daughter ? great grand daughter ? published in Neal Sheldon's book. There is clearly a strong family likeness that is quite uncanny.
                http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

And can someone recreate what was on her field of vision late in Mitre Square, a few seconds before she died ?
                  His man Bowyer
                  (Forgive my accent, I've been to France for a while…)

—————————————

Comment

PS / anyhow, very cute work...
                    His man Bowyer
                    (Forgive my accent, I've been to France for a while…)

—————————————

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Lewis View Post
                      And can someone recreate what was on her field of vision late in Mitre Square, a few seconds before she died ?
                      Courtesy of Jake Luukanen.

Monty
                      Attached Files
                      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Hi, Monty,

That's good work. Did he do any other stuff in the same vein?

Regards, Bridewell.
                        I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Fine! Good job.

Comment

I adore these recreations, can't wait for the CSI Whitechapel book.

Comment

I have plenty.

Jake and I hooked up in 2005 I think now, for an article in Ripperologist. He had posted some of his work here on Casebook, I saw it and approached him with an idea.

I asked if he could create images of the views of those witnesses concerned with the Eddowes murder. He said he could.

So we re-created the Mitre Square crime with views of Harvey, from Rippers corner, from the Pearces and Clapps rooms, most angles actually.

This lead to a talk at the Woverhampton Conference, for which Jake created a stunning almost life size copy of Duke Street complete with a small Chick Eddowes.

The talk went well and Jake and I even discussed a book doing the same with the other sites. However due to Jakes work commitments the project never took off, which is just as well. Because the book due out soone, the CSI one, will be far better as technology has improved massively since 2007/8 when we discussed the book.

Anyway, Jakes work can also be seen in Jack the Ripper, the definitive Story which is out on DVD.

Jake has been kind enough to send me some unseen images of Mitre Square and Catherine Eddowes headtesta which is awesome.

He has also created a 'clay' image of Sadler and provided an image of some Whitechapel Vigilance Committee members in George Yard for an article I did a couple of years ago.

Jake is precise and exact, even down to brick textures and lentals. His work benefits all and should be considered alongside any find, as his recons are essentially like new finds. He is creating what we cannot nor ever have seen.

I cannot praise him high enough.

Monty
                              Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Working...
                              X