Is Eddowes demise the key?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sad

Hello (again) David. Sad? Yes, one must confront what one believes along with all its ramifications.

Unfair? Not a bit of it. But it does prolong the inevitable coming to terms.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

• I agree with all of us.

Aren't we great!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
        People in your camp are quick to link murders together based on time. I have repeatedly asked how much time must transpire before it ceases to be a prime factor.

To date: zero replies.
        LC
        There is something I fail to understand here, Lynn.
        Who are you asking, and about what ?

Comment

• Liz

Hello Henry.

"to my mind it's not necessarily linked ONLY by the timing."

Fair point. Let's say, "largely"?

"Same night. Much further south than the other killings (as though the heat was really on north of Whitechapel Rd, and after Berner St he skirted the area south and west and ended up in Mitre Sq), anti-Semitic insult shouted during Stride, anti-Semitic insult found freshly chalked above Eddowes apron, prostitute with cut throat."

Again, fair enough. But you might consider here that Sir Charles picked up precisely on the anti-semitic component and attributed it to a secret society. Then there's George Lewis the solicitor who saw 1 mastermind but 2 hands in the "Double Event."

"I know, I know. None of that proves anything and all of it can be questioned, I accept that. But nevertheless, I think there's more than the timing if we try to tie Stride in."

Yes. All leads should be followed up--nothing dismissed out of hand.

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

• tradition

Hello David. The "traditionalists" (AKA--the one bloke camp).

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

• Ok. And what are you asking to the one bloke camp ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
                anti-Semitic insult shouted during Stride,
                First of all, anti-semitic insult shouted during an attack on a woman possibly Stride. Because I still haven't figured out why Stride would stand there and wait for her killers to come back after they took off after some poor terrified old Jewish man.

Secondly, I wouldn't be surprised if 50% of murders in London took place within stone's throw geographically or temporally of a Jewish slur of some kind or another. Outside of the Jews getting thrown out of England, this is when it is the worst time to be a Jew in London. And the Schwartz incident is the perfect example. A poor Jewish Immigrant who spoke no English ran like hell the instant he thought he heard someone shout "Lipski". It is a culturally pervasive phenomenon, and it doesn't start getting better until the turn of the century.
                The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• temps

Hello David.

"And what are you asking of the one bloke camp?"

Something like this. "You say that Liz and Kate's being killed on the same night tends to place them together. What about consecutive nights? One month? One year? Five years? Ten years? How long?"

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

• alternate possibility

Hello Errata. Do you think there is any possibility that the Schwartz story was a "necessary fiction" contrived by Wolf Wess or Jacob Rombro to deflect police attention/blame from the IWMEC?

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

• Errata - are you quite sure that Schwartz claimed to have been followed by the man he saw attacking Stride, as well as by the other man he saw loitering?

Comment

• Hello Lynn. Do you think there is any possibility that the Schwartz story was a "necessary fiction" contrived by Wolf Wess or Jacob Rombro to deflect police attention/blame from the IWMEC?

Comment

• "You say that Liz and Kate's being killed on the same night tends to place them together. What about consecutive nights? One month? One year? Five years? Ten years? How long?"

Consecutive nights? A strong possibility. One month? A distinct possibility. One year? Less likely. Five to ten years, highly unlikely. Happy?

The question is immaterial. It was the same night.

It. Was. The. Same. Night.

Two prostitutes. Throats cut. Whitechapel. The same night. It's a strong possibility.

Comment

• yup

Hello David. I say there is a STRONG chance.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

• and so . . .

Hello Henry. Not really happy. Think about the Zodiac and some others who had long lulls in between. And Mrs. Brown died that same night. Unrelated.

"The question is immaterial."

Not a bit of it. It is quite material. It exposes the possibility of flawed thinking.

"Two prostitutes."

Oh, dear. No shred of evidence for this. A woman gets out of gaol, needs to wee wee, has serious hunger pangs and a headache, and needs a lie down, yet she goes to turn a trick to get money for her boy friend.

Sheesh.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

• Lynne, with all due respect - bravo for exposing the possibility of flawed thinking etc - but do you not see how far we've strayed yet again? Phil Carter suggests there were two throat-cutting gut-opening killers working Whitechapel during the autumn of 1888, that one killed Nichols and Chapman, another Eddowes and Kelly, and here we are stuck on Stride yet again. Ridiculous.

And as for flawed thinking, I know of very few people who insist that they know with absolute certainty that Stride was a Ripper victim. I certainly don't - but feel free to keep hammering away at it until everyone agrees that you're right.

"Oh, dear", as the truly patronising might say.

Comment

Working...
                                X