No announcement yet.

Is Eddowes demise the key?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr Wagstaff (I do hope that's simply crude innuendo by the way), that's all very admirable, but nothing drains the fun out of assininity like receiving undeserved courtesy and respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
      Mr Wagstaff (I do hope that's simply crude innuendo by the way), that's all very admirable, but nothing drains the fun out of assininity like receiving undeserved courtesy and respect.
      Nope, not a crude innuendo, but a somewhat convoluted tip o' the hat to a Groucho Marx character, John Quincy Wagstaff. A long but not necessarily interesting story behind that. I see assininity as its own reward - no amount of courtesy and respect spoils my fun!

The assinine are the ones what won't be blamed for nothing - or something to that effect.

Comment

tempus fugit

Hello David. Thanks for the chronology.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

puzzling

Hello DB. Quite right. More pertinent evidence would be helpful.

But sometimes it seems we have too much. It's as if 2 or 3 boxes of puzzle pieces were dumped out and we are placing straight edge with round. The ultimate picture gets obscured.

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
            Hello David. Thanks for the chronology.

Cheers.
            LC
            You're most welcome, Lynn. But you already knew how nonsensical was your point.

Comment

Zeit.

Hello David. Nonsensical? Not a bit of it. I was merely picking up on Errata's astute observation that Stride is linked to the others ONLY because of the timing.

People in your camp are quick to link murders together based on time. I have repeatedly asked how much time must transpire before it ceases to be a prime factor.

To date: zero replies.

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

The stuff that did happen did actually happen, whereas stuff that would've had different connotations had it happened differently or not happened at all, well, it didn't happen those ways. It happened the way it happened. Stride had her throat cut ('too far south' to be a Ripper attack), and the attacker MAY have been disturbed, whereupon a Ripper killing occurred a short distance away a short time later in a location that was almost precisely as far south as the Stride killing.

Yes, if the Stride killing had happened in Basildon during the winter olympics of 1977 no-one would connect it to the Ripper killings. Fair point.

I'm not saying Stride was a Ripper victim or that she wasn't. I'm just saying that ... prostitute, throat cut, southerly location, Jew stuff written or shouted, same night... if I had to bet on it I'd be inclined narrowly to include her in.
                But just because it in fact happened the way it happened does not mean it's necessarily connected. Is what I'm saying.
                The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Hello DB. Quite right. More pertinent evidence would be helpful.

But sometimes it seems we have too much. It's as if 2 or 3 boxes of puzzle pieces were dumped out and we are placing straight edge with round. The ultimate picture gets obscured.

Cheers.
                  LC
                  Not only that, but we're not sure what any of the pictures are supposed to look like!

Comment

Originally posted by Errata View Post
                    But just because it in fact happened the way it happened does not mean it's necessarily connected. Is what I'm saying.
                    Sometimes coincidence is merely coincidental.

For example, how do we know Stride's killer was interupted? We don't know for sure there was only one killer that night, nor that the Ghoulston Street Grafitti and the piece of apron are connected.

I am not saying the evidence from this night is NOT connected, only that we do not know . . . unfortunately . . . like much else about these cases.
                    Last edited by D.B.Wagstaff; 03-03-2012, 02:08 AM.

Comment

• Excuse me, Lynn, but it's really a funny nonsense, and it deserved that serious reply (or was it the nonsense that was serious, and the reply funny) :
                      Yes, if the Stride killing had happened in Basildon during the winter olympics of 1977 no-one would connect it to the Ripper killings. Fair point.

Comment

• Mr Wagstaff I tip my hat to your fine taste. Groucho is one of my household deities.

"'Anything further father?' Shouldn't that be 'anything father further?'"

Comment

• The Pink Panther strikes again

To date: zero replies.
                          LC
                          Sad. Unfair.

Comment

• Hi Lynn, to my mind it's not necessarily linked ONLY by the timing.

Same night. Much further south than the other killings (as though the heat was really on north of Whitechapel Rd, and after Berner St he skirted the area south and west and ended up in Mitre Sq), anti-Semitic insult shouted during Stride, anti-Semitic insult found freshly chalked above Eddowes apron, prostitute with cut throat.

I know, I know. None of that proves anything and all of it can be questioned, I accept that. But nevertheless, I think there's more than the timing if we try to tie Stride in.

Comment

• not confident

Hello DB.

"Not only that, but we're not sure what any of the pictures are supposed to look like!"

Well, we are sometimes TOLD what it must look like--but my confidence level is not too high.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

• to be sure

Hello David. Always delighted to excuse you.

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X