Is Eddowes demise the key?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
    Hello David. Not a question of money. But there are certain things a Scot will not do. Stand treat is one such.

Cheers.
    LC
    Hey, don't fool me - I've read David Balfour !
    You must be a Lowlander.

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
      Hello Neil.

"I'll get the hang of this hysterical baseless ripperology one day."

Take a short cut. Read a suspect book.

Cheers.
      LC
      I don't do shortcuts Lynn.

I find it leads to groundless allegations and paranoia, such as this thread.

I'll stick with the facts and good ol reason thanks.

Monty
      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
        I don't do shortcuts Lynn.

I find it leads to groundless allegations and paranoia, such as this thread.

I'll stick with the facts and good ol reason thanks.

Monty
        Ah, but Monty, since London was a whirlpool of groundless allegations and paranoia at the time of WCM, what better way to tap into the mindset of the times?

Of course you are correct - we should try to stick to the facts, no matter how difficult it may be to do so . . .
        Last edited by D.B.Wagstaff; 03-01-2012, 12:31 AM.

Comment

of course they were not all killed by the same man.

Tabram-Soldier Man
          Nichols-Leather Apron
          Chapman-Whitechapel Murderer
          Stride-Broad Shoulders
          Eddowes-Sailor Man
          Kelly-Astracan Man

There. Now can we all forget about this nonsense about Jack the Ripper and get back to work?

Comment

Hi Phil
            Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post

Now- if looked at medically, WITHOUT presumption of öe killer, and remember the origin of the C5 concept orginated from ONE medical man- in a report to Anderson- which was questioned and ruled out by other medical men, then and now- the connections between the murders are much weaker- IGNORING the 'promotion' of just one killer at the time.

Phil
            Sounds like, without Bond, those 5 murders would have been left unconnected. Is that really what you think ?

Comment

Some things never changed DB,

Yet I'm the dinosaur.

Monty
              Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

There is VERY little to connect these murders other than a slashed throat, done in a secluded spot. On that basis many female slashed throat victims, attacked in a secluded spot, before and after the C5, would be included.
                Phil
                And how many Whitechapel prostitutes had their throat slashed in 1887 ?

Comment

Don't Follow

Likewise Eddowes and Nichols. Both done in a street. If EDDOWES' killer was the same as Nichol's, öe would have expected MORE mutilation of Nichols, as he got so much done in so little time with Eddowes, or are we to ASSUME that he may have been disturbed here as well? Thats 3 times he possibly was disturbed (or was aware of apsoaching sounds).

Kindly

Phil
                  I don't follow your line of reasoning on this. Three times a killer seems to have been disturbed; three times he reacts in the same way by breaking off his activities. Why is it unlikely that a killer who strikes in public places would sometimes be disturbed? Why is it unlikely that he would react in the same (pretty sensible) way on each occasion? How is all this suggestive of three different killers?

Regards, Bridewell
                  I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

3 times (possibly) disturbed ?
                    Errr, Phil...Nichols + Stride = 3 (?)

Comment

Hello David,

personally, I think there were 3 murderers, the first two of the C5 by the same hand. The 3rd, (Stride) a one off, and the last 2 by the same hand- possibly two different but unlikely. That is wiy I see the non comparison of Kelly and Nichols.

That is one of the reasons I see the Eddfwes murder as pivital. It sticks out for many reasons.

Kindly

Phil
                      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                      Accountability? ....

Comment

Ok Phil, my dear, that's your right.
                        No need to ask about Horsnell, Millwood, McKenzie, Smith and Tabram....The East End was really crowded with prostitutes killers. Even more chilling than Dr Jack, if you ask me....Bref !
                        But there again, I don't think either that the Mossad is behind September 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                          Some things never changed DB,

Yet I'm the dinosaur.

Monty
                          I LIKE dinosaurs, Monty! My students tell me I AM one and on blustery winter days like today, my bones FEEL like one.

Comment

possibly

hello David,

we do not know for certain the killer was disturbed in the Stride case. It is assumed he was. Likewise Nichols. Re '3' we do not know when the killer left Eddfwes and could have been spooked by the nightwatcman opening ajar his back door- shedding a little light into the square. But we dont know either way.

Kindly

Phil
                            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                            Accountability? ....

Comment

Forgive me if this has been addressed already, but I've been thinking (a dangerous pasttime, I know):

Has anybody ever looked into the frequency of murder vs. the frequency of murder by knife in the White Chapel Area for the years surrounding the WCM?

My hypothesis if knives might have been the weapon of choice in such a poverty stricken area said information may shed some light on which murders might be attributable to Jack and which may be murder as usual in the East End.

Comment

Never a quickie; always a longie.

Hello Neil. Just as you wish.

(And thanks for calling it reason and not logic.)

Cheers.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X