Is Eddowes demise the key?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cutting remark

Hello David. Well, look at the knifework, not the turf.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

• peaked remark

The suspect wore a peaked cap and an uterus went missing, I guess.
      Last edited by DVV; 03-05-2012, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• I believe that all 5 canonical 'Ripper' killings were committed by a copycat, and that the original 3 killings committed by the actual Ripper have never been discovered.

Comment

• Originally posted by DVV View Post
          Thanks Lynn, but no, I don't need. Desperate attempts with little (Kidney) or no evidence (club members), that's all I see.
          The very idea of two separate killers on 30 Sept gives me real fits.
          I'm not sure why this weird. Multiple people are murdered on the same night by different people on a regular basis. The day before my birthday this year was red letter day in my neighborhood. A guy got shot in the mall parking garage, a kid was shot outside a football game at the high school, and the woman three doors down finally shot her husband. Although that was with a rifle and I assume the others were handguns. And it was considered unusual not because of the number, but because it happened in my neighborhood, which is considered wealthy and therefore safe.

So what am I missing? Why is this fit inducing?
          The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• Not to be compared, Errata. The woman that shot her husband had a motive, I presume ? (like all wives have.. ) There must be a motive also in the other shooting. Different victimology, different murderers.
            I know coincidences happen, I know this as well as anybody else, but the idea of two different killers on 30 September is beyond me, and will ever.
            After decades of hair-splitting, people forget how implausible it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
              I believe that all 5 canonical 'Ripper' killings were committed by a copycat, and that the original 3 killings committed by the actual Ripper have never been discovered.
              Actually, Henry, that's not more outlandish than what has been suggested. Which was, if I'm correct : Eddowes is a copy-cat of Chapman, while Stride's murderer, who wasn't a copy-cat, saved his bacon thanks to the Mitre Square copy-cat.

Comment

• Trouble

With all this multi-story killing field stuff is how to explain it.

If you have one knife-wielding maniac with a penchant for rummaging around in women's innards, then you have a serial killer.

If you turn him into two or three you can't have that, because the odds of having multiple serial killers with the same desire in the tiny little Whitechapel area within a few short weeks would be too astronomical to take seriously.

If you want a couple of copycats - same problem. Why?

So, you must turn to conspiracy to explain the theory.

But again, however one may say - 'Oh, it was the Fenians', 'Oh, it was Jewish Anarchists', 'Oh, it was Lord Randy Churchill' it doesn't do as an explanation in itself. A conspiracy is not an end in itself.

You still have to explain why. I think to seek an extraordinary explanation for the Whitechapel Murders is quite common and natural. Any conspiracy turns the death of the victims from a random, meaningless, horrific death into something with purpose; and the victims into something more than unfortunate women in very dire straits who were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Sadly, the latter is far more plausible.

Unless it really was Van Gogh.

Comment

• tahnks

Hello Errata. Thanks. Not to mention the manner is sometimes similar.

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

• understanding

Hello David. If you understand it? You clearly don't. Logically, you have committed "A Strawman."

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

• ordinary

Hello Sally. I don't recognise any of that.

Extraordinary? No, VERY ordinary.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

• Hi Sally. I'm almost convinced it was Vincent Van Gogh. The evidence that has been rehearsed on the forums already is well known but circumstantial: he knew London reasonably well and was sadly mentally unbalanced. He had an obsession with prostitutes, and was interested in several prominent murder trials.

But there is final clinching evidence of Vincent's guilt; Vincent was an avid admirer of the work of Adolphe Monticelli, a mediocre proto-Impressionist, who was occasionally influenced by Eugene Delacroix, whose scenes of oriental decadence and violence included The Death of Sardanapalus, 1827, in which a smorgasbord of gloriously naked women have knives plunged into their pale flesh by unpleasant-looking minions of the cross-dressing maniac king.

Prostitutes, mental illness, familiarity with London, self-harming with a knife, and - I can exclusively reveal - a vanishingly tenuous connection with violence against women in a historical painting by a painter admired by a painter that Vincent adored.

I know what you're thinking - CASE CLOSED! Yes, You're already awarding me this year's prestigious Golden Cornwell - but wait; there's more proof.

Vincent's full name - Vincent Willem Van Gogh, is clearly an anagram. Rearrange the letters and you get the following:

ME VNGH I WILL GNIVE A CONT - which, when you allow for his thick Dutch accent, translates as 'Me Van Gogh, I will knife a lady's part'.

The chances of such a message being found so unequivocally in someone's name are approximately ten million to one, I imagine, but the chances of such a message being found embedded in the name of someone who admired a painter who admired a painter who painted some females being stabbed with knives - we've left the realm of calculable numbers, we've entered the realm of cast-iron proof.

Comment

• Originally posted by DVV View Post
                          Actually, Henry, that's not more outlandish than what has been suggested. Which was, if I'm correct : Eddowes is a copy-cat of Chapman, while Stride's murderer, who wasn't a copy-cat, saved his bacon thanks to the Mitre Square copy-cat.
                          Hi David

So in actual fact a plethora of bacon is saved ! Eddowes is a copycat of Nichols and Chapman therefore the killer of Chapman, and Nichols is saved. As you say Stride's murderer, who wasn't a copycat., saved his bacon thanks to the Mitre Square copycat, who was in turn saved because he was a copycat of Nichol's and Chapman. Kelly's killer's bacon was saved of course because he was a copycat of Nichols, Cahpman, and Eddowes. Kelly's killer's bacon was not saved because of Stride's killer though, that is if we take into account that she did not belong to the C5. If Stride is considered to be a member of the C5, then Kelly's killer's bacon is also saved by Stride's killer.

That's it then !

Regards

Observer

Comment

• What's all this Bacon stuff? I thought we were dealing with Kidney? Or was it kidneys that were taken away? Confused.

I thought the Bacon conspiracy theory was something else - that the works of Shakespeare were -

Hang on. 'Shakespeare'. Shake a spear. In other words... Brandish a sharp penetrating weapon... I feel another Ripper theory coming on!

Comment

• Hello Henry,

You'll never bring home the bacon with a four-hundred-year-old Shakespeare theory.

Regards,

Simon
                              Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Simon, are you saying I'm DeVere-ing off topic?

Comment

Working...
                                X