Is Eddowes demise the key?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
    Hello David. I say there is a STRONG chance.

Cheers.
    LC
    Hi Lynn. Now that we know the poor suspect Kidney would make, it has to be a Berner Street anarchist. Who's gonna be the next ?

Comment

• the old

Hello David. This is OLD news. There were several threads devoted to IS's story.

You might have a go at them.

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

• Personally, I think Mary is the key.

The chance of stumbling upon a woman living alone will have been on the low side.

So, how did this happen?

Did he strike lucky in the pub or on the street? Or, did he know her?

Comment

• give it a miss

Hello Mac. Not to mention how Miller's Court was situated. Very easy to miss the whole thing if you pop through the wrong passage.

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

• Hi ,
            Maybe I am placing to much faith in oral history , from a source that many members of Casebook were sceptical , however If Ms Kendall lane was relaying good sources, then I find the tale of a visitor to the court looking for the soon to be slain MJK, with a tale of theft to be most curious[ to say the least].
            The coincidence that she was soon to butchered, after McCarthy allegedly sent him packing in his ''own style'' would have one wondering if he just accepted his venture as ''well never mind''.
            Which I would doubt, so maybe the others were a stepping stone, for November 9th, and then revenge is sweet.
            Regards Richard.

Comment

Phil Carter is a good friend. I applaud his programme of study. His theory? I have no idea. I prefer to defer to his explanation of his theories.

Cheers.
              LC

Hello Lynn,

Thank you for your kind comments my friend.

As far as any theory I have is concerned, like most everyone else's, they are what they are. All I do is look at things that stick out, from another angle. Ask questions, probe possibilities and hopefully, find possible answers.
              My ideas around Eddowes' demise are based on the problems concerning John Kelly's flawed and unsubstantiated testimony as to how he found out Eddowes was jailed and when, the testimony of Wilkinson, the lodging house deputy, whose comments arouse my suspicion, Halse and Long's time testimony, the Doctor's testimony of time, the nightwatchman Morris' movements, and how him opening that back door may or may not have spooked the killer, as well as his time testimony, the effect of sound in the square, and the plethora of conflicting information about the writing on the wall. All of the above have been posted elsewhere. I raise questions as to Warrens comments to the Home Office, likewise Swanson's "blurred" writing, just exactly who and when a photographer was called for and when cancelled, and why Eddowes' own family member claimed to have seen her and identified her by her apron(!) and didnt even do the perfectly natural thing and call out or cross the road to say hello to her.

Way too many anomalies for me. All in one murder enquiry- that ended up with the City Police being "solely at fault" for not detecting the murderer! ( Home Office minute sheet, on or around 25th October 1888)

kindly

Phil
              Last edited by Phil Carter; 03-05-2012, 04:42 AM.
              Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
              Accountability? ....

Comment

• anomalies

Hello Phil. Thanks.

Then we are on just about the same page. If there are not 2 or 3 anomalies in a case, I get nervous. Hence Polly and Annie are just right. Kate and MJK? Ahem.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

Hello Phil. Thanks.

Then we are on just about the same page. If there are not 2 or 3 anomalies in a case, I get nervous. Hence Polly and Annie are just right. Kate and MJK? Ahem.

Cheers.
                  LC
                  Hello Lynn,

Whilst there is no answer of course, historians, lay folk and ex.-detectives alike will ponder over the issues. I used to believe, like many others, that MJK was perhaps the key to the mystery... but have, over a long period of time, changed that view.

I agree with you re. Polly and Annie. I am attracted to the JI idea of yours, which has strong merits.. but I also admit to being very interested in J D Lampard as well.. and look forward to John Bennett's latest work on the subject.

best wishes

Phil
                  Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                  Accountability? ....

Comment

• new

Hello Phil. Thanks. Yes, always good to find a new wrinkle.

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

Hello David. This is OLD news. There were several threads devoted to IS's story.

You might have a go at them.

Cheers.
                      LC
                      Thanks Lynn, but no, I don't need. Desperate attempts with little (Kidney) or no evidence (club members), that's all I see.
                      The very idea of two separate killers on 30 Sept gives me real fits.

Comment

• No need to be sarcastic DVV - it's not as though Phil or Lynn are suggesting that all three of the Whitechapel 88 throat-cutters were busy that night. Just two of them.

Be reasonable! Sheesh!

Comment

Hello David. Although I see no hope for either Kidney or a club member, I don't see such reasoning as desperate.

2 killers? I take it you mean BESIDES the Brown knifing?

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

• Who was Brown, Lynn ? A Whitechapel prostitute found with her throat cut in a dark alley ?
                            You've found a new canonical, which is not nothing.

Comment

• third time NOT charming

Hello David. No, she was the third knife killing that night.

Whitechapel prostitute? No, I know little about those. Did you mean Spitalfields? I know about Polly and Annie.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

• Did I mean Spitalfields ? Yes, too. The same. One can doss in Spitalfields and be murdered in Whitechapel. Or St George in the East.
                                By the way, Nichols was found dead on the J div territory. So not the same killer as Chapman's, I presume.

Comment

Working...
                                X