No announcement yet.

More Eddowes photos..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok..so here's my question. If the #2 photo has been touched up or drawn in which its sorta obvious...did they draw in the reggae looking dreadlocks too?!

Her hair in the other 2 photos dont even resemble that at all!!

Its shocking! Just sayin.

xx

Comment

Originally posted by gidgey View Post
      Ok..so here's my question. If the #2 photo has been touched up or drawn in which its sorta obvious...did they draw in the reggae looking dreadlocks too?!

Her hair in the other 2 photos dont even resemble that at all!!

Its shocking! Just sayin.

xx
      You think #2 is a drawing, or a touched up photo?
      How would they touch up a glass-plate photo? and why? for who?
      The original glass-plate photo was no bigger than a small xmas card (3.5" x 6") maybe, and her body was shown head to foot.
      How would they touch up a small image like that if you have to enlarge it to see any details?
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

The second "photo" looks like a sketch of this (it's a shame there isn't a larger version as it's a bit difficult to make out). I'm not sure but I could've sworn the drawing of it came from a book (I think it was French - though don't hold me to that!).

Comment

Wickerman...

I think I mustve read it wrong but I couldve swore someone said in the other posts that someone would draw in to touch up some of those old photos and that they did it all the time..

sorry ...my bad!!!!

but since Ive gotten your attention.. do you have any thoughts on her hair in the second picture?!!!!

ta
          xx

Comment

[B]Wickerman...

I think I mustve read it wrong but I couldve swore someone said in the other posts that someone would draw in to touch up some of those old photos and that they did it all the time..
            Hi Gidgey.
            Someone may have, I don't have the publication which they appeared in.
            It is quite possible the prints were enlarged before touchup, and only the prints touched up for this publication. I really don't know.

I do agree the upper chest on photo 2 has no depth, no shade and looks drawn. IF, (with emphasis) an original glass plate negative exists for this photo I would like to see a copy of it. But as it looks I don't see anything to loose any sleep over.

but since Ive gotten your attention.. do you have any thoughts on her hair in the second picture?!!!!
            ta
            xx
            Her hair looks matted, with blood I suppose.
            The reason her hair is pinned up over her head is to hold her head up for the photo. I think photo 1 is an enlargement from her body raised upright, therefore you don't see her hair splaid out away from the head. In photo 1 her matted hair is hanging down.
            However, assuming photo 2 is genuine then it looks to me as though she has been photographed while her body, mounted on the board, still laid on the floor. Her hair is not hanging as it is in photo 1.

Short of seeing more photo's I can only guess.

Regards, Jon S.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
              The 'V's cut into her cheeks, more accurately, flaps of skin, along with the fact that the tip of her nose was almost sliced off suggested to me that the killer ran his knife across her face:

Regards, Jon S.

There is no V cut which corresponds with a slice of the knife which removed part of her nose as you suggest in this way!

Comment

handle direction

Hello All. Don't mean to quibble, but shouldn't the knife's handle be in the other direction?

For guidance here, one might consult Gareth Williams' excellent dissertation on Kate and where the killer was positioned etc. (The dissertation is on Casebook.)

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

Originally posted by Mascara & Paranoia View Post
                  The second "photo" looks like a sketch of this (it's a shame there isn't a larger version as it's a bit difficult to make out).
                  Indeed you are quite correct, and I did find a larger 5" x 3" copy in, The News from Whitechapel, 2002, p. 151.

Originally posted by sgh View Post
                  There is no V cut which corresponds with a slice of the knife which removed part of her nose as you suggest in this way!
                  I know I should have emphasized the shape more but the cut on each cheek is not a 'V'. The close-up photo's show the shadowed edge of curved slices.

I marked in RED for emphasis:

This is direct from Dr. Brown at the Inquest:
                  "There was on each side of cheek a cut which peeled up the skin forming a triangular flap about an inch and a half..."

Conspiracy theorists prefer to describe the cuts as inverted 'V's drawn with the point of a sharp knife - that is not how the flaps are described by the doctor.

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                  Hello All. Don't mean to quibble, but shouldn't the knife's handle be in the other direction?
                  Indeed it should, to quibble is fine, minutae matters..

Regards, Jon S.
                  Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                    For guidance here, one might consult Gareth Williams' excellent dissertation on Kate and where the killer was positioned etc. (The dissertation is on Casebook.)
                    Gareth (Sam Flynn) published his dissertation in late 2006, the suggestion that the "horizontal cut across the face caused the triangular flaps" was first posed on Casebook months previously in a debate I had with a host of Black Magic theorists.

Those drawings I uploaded here are at least 5 years old now. There was quite the uproar when the theory was first proposed. I am sure Gareth drew his conclusions quite separately because my argument had already gone into archive by then I believe.

Regards, Jon S.
                    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

I don't recall having seen this one before. It seems to have been taken from a slightly different angle and is obviously of a fuller length that the more famous similar one.

Best wishes, Steve.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Russell View Post
                        I don't recall having seen this one before. It seems to have been taken from a slightly different angle and is obviously of a fuller length that the more famous similar one.

Best wishes, Steve.
                        Look up, The News from Whitechapel, 2002, p.151.
                        Gidgey suggested the enlargement (post #1, pic 2) has been touched up, it does appear the hair has been added shown to the right side of the face.
                        I can't see what was to be gained by doing that.
                        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

agreed

Hello Jon.

"to quibble is fine, minutae matters."

Thanks. I see you are a man after my own heart.

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

Working...
                          X