No announcement yet.

Did Annie have a reaction to her Meds ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Annie have a reaction to her Meds ?

Strangulation isn't the only cause of a swollen tongue.
    Could she have simply had an allergic reaction to the meds she was taking ?
    Donovan and Evans both claimed she was a little worse for drink , yet Phillips was adamant she hadn't drunk any alcohol .
    What if her speech was a little slurred due to a swollen tongue , throwing Donovan and Evans a little ?
    You can lead a horse to water.....

She also had three vertical scratches on one side of her neck, like she tried to remove something tight from around her throat.
    There was also black blood in her brain, this is blood devoid of oxygen. The diagnosis was that her heart still pumped blood containing no oxygen, evidence of some kind of restriction in or around the airway.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
      She also had three vertical scratches on one side of her neck, like she tried to remove something tight from around her throat.
      There was also black blood in her brain, this is blood devoid of oxygen. The diagnosis was that her heart still pumped blood containing no oxygen, evidence of some kind of restriction in or around the airway.
      As she had a disease of the membranes of the brain it's also possible that the lack of blood flow to the brain had been a more gradual process and not related to strangulation

Comment

Originally posted by packers stem View Post

As she had a disease of the membranes of the brain it's also possible that the lack of blood flow to the brain had been a more gradual process and not related to strangulation
        This is who's medical opinion?
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

This is who's medical opinion?
          Phillips mentions the disease in his testimony

Comment

Both Polly and Annie had protruding tongues. So explaining Annies condition in death with her state of health isn't the answer. Choking or strangulation is.
            Michael Richards

Comment

Strangulation isn't the only cause of a swollen tongue.
              Could she have simply had an allergic reaction to the meds she was taking ?
              Donovan and Evans both claimed she was a little worse for drink , yet Phillips was adamant she hadn't drunk any alcohol .
              What if her speech was a little slurred due to a swollen tongue , throwing Donovan and Evans a little ?
              That's an interesting question. It's striking how at the inquest, they plainly want to establish that no-one had seen her that night with any strong drink. That always kind of stuck out for me, but I never thought of any relation to her prescriptions. Does anyone know what she was actually prescribed? Given that one was apparently a lotion, I always kind of figured that she had some skin condition, but don't really know.
              - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
                Both Polly and Annie had protruding tongues. So explaining Annies condition in death with her state of health isn't the answer. Choking or strangulation is.
                Polly's tongue was protruding ?
                where did you find this Michael ?
                I know lots of her teeth were missing so it wouldn't be a surprise but I've never seen it mentioned

Comment

Polly's tongue was protruding ?
                  where did you find this Michael ?
                  I know lots of her teeth were missing so it wouldn't be a surprise but I've never seen it mentioned
                  Ill look for that reference Packer, but in the meantime it is clear her tongue was slightly lacerated.
                  Michael Richards

Comment

Here is one reference. There are others, I just don't have time to post them all.

Times (London)
                    Friday, 14 September 1888

The face was swollen and turned on the right side. The tongue protruded between the front teeth, but not beyond the lips. The tongue was evidently much swollen.

Comment

Working...
                    X