Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An early Ripper attack ?

Hannah Thompson

I was wondering if this could have been an early Ripper attack. And also if there is any more info on it. After adding her to my list of potential JTR victims I can’t seem to find where I got it from.

Not sure of the year. Around 1877 I think. Hannah Thompson (sp?) a 40 year old prostitute. Was punched to the ground and repeatedly stabbed between the shoulder blades, her hands and also in her neck. Found in doorway of Duke of Cambridge public house on Essex street. Died a day later. Gave a statement to a young police detective called Swanson. Her assailant was 5ft 6 - 5ft 7, ruddy complexion, dark clothes, moustache and tuft, Billy **** hat and the air of a sea faring man.

The reason I think it’s worth looking into as a possible JTR murder is the victimology, the witness description of the attacker which is similar to other JTR descriptions and the extreme violence used.

The murder of Hannah Robinson alias Thompson in January 1877. She was found with her throat cut and multiple stab wounds like you said.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here is the inquest:
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that

Comment

Ruddy complexion and felt hat, you say?

Everything else is ever so slightly off, however: stabs to the back rather than the abdomen, a clasp knife rather than the longer blade the Ripper is thought to have used, etc. Interesting that he incapacitated her with a swift punch to the face.

Comment

Working...
          X