Confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kindadull View Post
    2) His homosexuality .(The killer would never actually **** the prostitutes (c5) )
    Aargh, this drives me insane. How is homosexuality in any way indicative of a man being a serial killer of women?

We have a good number of homosexual serial killers who have been caught. Guess what? They murdered other men, not women.

We also have an even greater number of cases of women being horrifically killed and mutilated by murderers who were quite clearly heterosexual.

It's pretty universally-acknowledged that the Ripper murders were lust crimes, wherein the perp derived sexual pleasure from mutilating women's bodies. This does not fit with the culprit being homosexual.

The only reason Tumblety's alleged homosexuality was mentioned at all is because, back then, people considered it a mental disorder and therefore it was circumstantial proof of the suspect being insane enough to commit worse crimes. Modern psychological understanding has dispensed with this archaic notion, however. Homosexuality isn't a mental disorder. It doesn't render gay men homicidal against possessors of uteri.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
      Aargh, this drives me insane. How is homosexuality in any way indicative of a man being a serial killer of women?

We have a good number of homosexual serial killers who have been caught. Guess what? They murdered other men, not women.

We also have an even greater number of cases of women being horrifically killed and mutilated by murderers who were quite clearly heterosexual.

It's pretty universally-acknowledged that the Ripper murders were lust crimes, wherein the perp derived sexual pleasure from mutilating women's bodies. This does not fit with the culprit being homosexual.

The only reason Tumblety's alleged homosexuality was mentioned at all is because, back then, people considered it a mental disorder and therefore it was circumstantial proof of the suspect being insane enough to commit worse crimes. Modern psychological understanding has dispensed with this archaic notion, however. Homosexuality isn't a mental disorder. It doesn't render gay men homicidal against possessors of uteri.
      It was once universally acknowledged that the world was flat, since when has majority vote alone ever truly uncovered the truth?

My idea at the moment is that Tumblety wanted Uteri and just "had a go" at the women he hated, was jealous of and found unappealing (due to past experience) while he was down there. Gay men can still enjoy power (otherwise they wouldn't walk around in those leathery things with lots of studs) - same reason he'd cut off Eddowes' face at the nose and butcher MJK. All the repressed feelings of seeing WOMEN taking men he might've wanted and possibly had away from him must have made him so angry...

I am saying here that
      * Jealousy, pent up rage at the gender and power, to completely defile and rub out what made them people is the cause for the mutilations and splattering intestines over the chest etc... was not the PRIMARY objective. It cherry on icing.
      * Uteri were the PRIMARY goal.
      * Either Tumblety lost a taste for killing people after MJK or had all the uteri he needed and was calmed, relieved and fortified (in his gayness) by his horrific actions.
      * OR ^ + He also noticed the police were very aware and stopped. Entirely. Being the Narcissist he was, he clearly had a lot of pride and willpower as well as self aggrandising thoughts, combine the three and you can pretty much do anything you want to do and think yourself capable of.

^ needs work really, but that's the gist of it

I mean sure, I'm not entirely dismissing your idea that Tumblety's gayness works against himself, but I've just drawn lines that are based off of... something that CAN just as feasibly connect his gayness to the murderings.

So him being queer alone doesn't make him NOT the perpetrator of the canonical victims.

by the way "Homosexuality isn't a mental disorder" I disagree, but let's agree to disagree and not enter into that discussion, or at least open a new thread.

by the way, how do you measure homosexuality or heterosexuality?

What makes you think people who commit what you call "lust crimes" CAN'T in fact be queers in disguise who can't admit it and then go on to butcher a load of women? And what about bisexual men, If Twomblety had a female once he's clearly not totally gay? Do they commit lust crimes? On both females and males or just females?
      Last edited by kindadull; 09-18-2014, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Is it not possible Tumblety stopped killing because he got old and lost his desire or his lust for killing?

Your friend,
        Brad

Comment

Hi Mike,

Dream on.

Tumblety was on remand at the time of the Kelly murder, and Stewart Evans has not clearly debunked Trevor's article.

Regards,

Simon
          Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post

Surely it takes a couple years longer than a few months to read thru all the worthwhile reading material on this site.
            Just the Mizen scam thread and ancillaries took me a few months to wade through.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post

We don't regard homosexuality as a disorder, but Tumblety's cohort clearly did! Maybe this isn't a sex crime, maybe it is a hate crime against the sex to which a homosexual man "fears" or "hates" due to the prejudices of his time.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                Hi Mike,

Dream on.

Tumblety was on remand at the time of the Kelly murder, and Stewart Evans has not clearly debunked Trevor's article.

Regards,

Simon
                No, I did. And your Smoke and Mirrors is up in smoke.
                The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
                http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

Hi Mike,

I am aflame with anticipation.

Regards,

Simon
                  Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

That Dr. Tumblety was in a cell at the time of the Kelly murder is a logical absurdity.

All of the pertinent sources would be quite different if that had been the case.

God, what next?

That Inspector Andrews was really in Canada to rustle up evidence for the anti-Parnellites ...?

Comment

Working...
                    X