Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The other Lord of the Rings

Hi all,

When Francis Tumblety died, I believe in St Louis, his personal effects were itemized and recorded by the attending staff.

He had a very expensive gold pocket watch, a large chunk of money...some fine cufflinks, and in his vest pocket were found 2 small imitation gold rings. Sized for womens fingers. They were known as "flash rings in 1888, just polished brass.....when Annie has 2 just like that taken from her.

As far as I know, this is the only suspect that has even a possible circumstantial link with items potentially taken from any of the victims. In that they match the general description of Annie's rings, and the number taken....and its odd to find cheap imitation jewelry for a woman on the personage of an affluent man.

Does anyone else find this interesting...and does anyone know what happened to those rings?

Best regards

I live in St. Louis and I know the Missouri Historical Society here has a file on Tumblety. I've been meaning to check into it.

Comment

Originally posted by aspallek View Post
      I live in St. Louis and I know the Missouri Historical Society here has a file on Tumblety. I've been meaning to check into it.
      Hi Andy,

Handy co-incidence thread wise. I would imagine that his effects were sent with his remains back to Rochester for burial, but it would be interesting to hear what you find when you get a chance to look into the records there. I also imagine that SPE must have some of that information.

I still find him one of the more interesting suspects of contemporary records, and his Fenian ties considering the planned plot to kill Balfour are of interest as well....not mutually exclusive of the potential Ripper suspect angle possibly.

Cheers Andy.

Comment

Working...
      X