Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just from conjecture, is there a better candidate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post
    I think it is generally accepted that someone aged less than 40 is not yet middle-aged.
    Middle age would fit more with the conventional wisdom that serial killers are generally slightly older than their victims. (Marshall said Stride was with a middle-aged man.)

I would go with conventional wisdom over the prevailing or popular one. Although even conventional wisdom has to advance with the times.

But Bond got age and cold-bloodedness right in his profile IMO and so conjecture should go back to that.

Last edited by Lombro2; 10-28-2023, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lombro2 View Post
      Middle age would fit more with the conventional wisdom that serial killers are generally slightly older than their victims. (Marshall said Stride was with a middle-aged man.)

I would go with conventional wisdom over the prevailing or popular one. Although even conventional wisdom has to advance with the times.

But Bond got age and cold-bloodedness right in his profile IMO and so conjecture should go back to that.

a general profile of serial killers indicates they are generally white males from 25 to 34 years old.

https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-library/abstracts/profiles-terror-serial-murderer#:~:text=While%20each%20of%20these%20types ,involve%20contact%20with%20the%20victim.

Most German serial killers of the twentieth century started committing and even finished committing murder before reaching middle age.

Many started while still in their teens or twenties.

The same goes for serial killers in the Soviet Union, a very large percentage of whom did not even survive to middle age.
      Last edited by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1; 10-28-2023, 07:01 PM.

Comment

I’m glad you’re looking at Continental stats and not just American. But everything must be considered, not one popular view based on the top of a bell curve and some witnesses in the dark.

I can’t go with conjectures on a specific case based on generalities, especially when the conjecture goes against another general convention and there isn’t a good or proven reason given for the deviation.

Here’s the old graph I took off Openscience.com before it disappeared.

Blue represents number of SK Rookies by age.

Orange are “retirees”.

Last edited by Lombro2; 10-29-2023, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X