Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What basis is there for a conspiracy theory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post

Its in a press account of a Kelly interview, forgive me for not trawling through page after page for something I already know is there. What Wilkinson thought about the nature of the relationship, as well as Annie, is based on their own perceptions. What does John call Kate in the above quote? Does John say they were as man and wife? Does John say they were in essence married, virtually married, in a pseudo marriage, friends with benefits, a couple, …….
    "Many's the time I have said to her, 'Well, Kate, you are my wife, and I'll keep you as well as I can," - John Kelly, Evening News, 10th October 1888

"The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
      But I still believe JtR was a creation of the police.
      While I feel that JtR was a creation of the press.

"The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

Hi All,

Let's assume for a moment that the Whitechapel murders were part of a top secret official conspiracy.

Why were the brutal murders of five women considered less distressing to the public than the actuality of whatever was going on?

What could the police and government have been covering up which warranted their promulgation of JtR?

Regards,

Simon
        A further question would be why such a murder conspiracy wouldn't be a lot more subtle.

Comment

Hi Fiver,

I agree. Subtle is not a word you could attribute to the Whitechapel murders.

Please explain how the press succeeded in creating JtR.

Regards,

Simon
          Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiver View Post

"Many's the time I have said to her, 'Well, Kate, you are my wife, and I'll keep you as well as I can," - John Kelly, Evening News, 10th October 1888
            "I hope to Almighty God her soul's at rest," he said, fervently. "Many's the time I have said to her, 'Well, Kate, you are my wife, and I'll keep you as well as I can,' but when we had not the eightpence I took her to the casual ward - where there has been many a good mother's son - and which is better than the streets, because I thought it kept her out of immoral ways.""

Very caring, and considerate, isn't he? So....why did it take reading about the murders on Tuesday am before he even wondered where Kate was. Why, when he knew Kate was in jail Sat night, did he not wonder where she was Sunday morning at the latest? 2 more days before he even wondered? Words mean nothing when confronted with the realities of John Kelly.

Michael Richards

Comment

Hi Michael,

A word to the wise.

Your very relevant John Kelly questions will not win you any friends in the "Ripper was Real" fraternity.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi Michael,

A word to the wise.

Your very relevant John Kelly questions will not win you any friends in the "Ripper was Real" fraternity.

Regards,

Simon
                Winning people over isn't really my objective Simon...as you know, and see here daily. Finding truth among the bs piles is. I might ask the same question about Mary's "friend", George Hutchinson, who waited 4 days to come forward with information that, if true, might have helped catch the man that took her apart in her room. Some "friend",..and some "partner" in the case of the former.
                Michael Richards

Comment

Hi Michael,

I cannot disagree.

Hutchinson is as phony as all get out.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi Fiver,

I agree. Subtle is not a word you could attribute to the Whitechapel murders.

Please explain how the press succeeded in creating JtR.

Regards,

Simon
                    I think there was a real serial killer, not that the press constructed one out of a series of unrelated killings. Nichols, Chapman, and Stride seem to be definite victims of this killer, with Tabram as a possible, and Eddowes and Kelly as probables. I also think the Jack the Ripper persona was not the real killer, it was created by hoaxers. Near as I can tell, all of the Ripper letters were faked, with the press being the most likely source.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiver View Post

I think there was a real serial killer, not that the press constructed one out of a series of unrelated killings. Nichols, Chapman, and Stride seem to be definite victims of this killer, with Tabram as a possible, and Eddowes and Kelly as probables. I also think the Jack the Ripper persona was not the real killer, it was created by hoaxers. Near as I can tell, all of the Ripper letters were faked, with the press being the most likely source.
                      Nichols and Chapman were certainly killed by someone who met them posing as a client while they solicited, with the intention of mutilating them after he double cuts their throats. In Chapmans case it was stated his ultimate goal was what he took. Tabram was stabbed, not cut into or up, and with 2 weapons indicating 2 killers, Stride had a single cut without any evidence her killer wanted more. Kate is a possible fit with the first 2, and Mary definitely doesn't fit with any of the patterns exhibited by the killer we can be sure killed at least Polly and Annie. So youre only telling us that you accept the Canonical Group premise, maybe plus one. Since that's the take for most everyone in Ripperology...so, not new. It would be so refreshing to see new people here question what is obviously unproven that to accept it.
                      Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post

Winning people over isn't really my objective Simon...as you know, and see here daily. Finding truth among the bs piles is. I might ask the same question about Mary's "friend", George Hutchinson, who waited 4 days to come forward with information that, if true, might have helped catch the man that took her apart in her room. Some "friend",..and some "partner" in the case of the former.
                        Woah! Let's not go down the road of Hutch and his Steve Majors bionic vision!
                        Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

Woah! Let's not go down the road of Hutch and his Steve Majors bionic vision!
                          [pedant] Steve Auston was the bionic man, Lee Majors was the actor's name. [/pedant]

Comment

Originally posted by JeffHamm View Post

[pedant] Steve Auston was the bionic man, Lee Majors was the actor's name. [/pedant]
                            Yes, but if you take the Steve from "Steve Austin" and the Majors from "Lee Majors", you get "Steve Majors"
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post

Yes, but if you take the Steve from "Steve Austin" and the Majors from "Lee Majors", you get "Steve Majors"
                              Ooooo, but if you take the Bionic Woman's name, Jamie Summers, and replace Steve with Jamie, you get Jamie Austin, and Austin is in Texas, and they grow olives in Texas, which gives us Jamie Olives, a code for Jamie Oliver! Clearly, he has the knife skills, and I always thought he was older than he looks.

- Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by JeffHamm View Post

Ooooo, but if you take the Bionic Woman's name, Jamie Summers, and replace Steve with Jamie, you get Jamie Austin, and Austin is in Texas, and they grow olives in Texas, which gives us Jamie Olives, a code for Jamie Oliver! Clearly, he has the knife skills, and I always thought he was older than he looks.

- Jeff
                                That's what I was getting at in the first place, obviously.
                                I didn't just mix up the names!
                                Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Working...
                                X