Mary Jane Wilson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MayBea View Post

And what do you make of the absence of a death record IDing her as someone else?
    Hi MayBea. I know you've done a lot of original research and ordering of possible death certificates but I'm not sure if you've posted all the results online so don't know what you have and haven't looked at. I was just wondering if you'd ordered this death certificate?-

Deaths Mar 1889
    Wilson Mary 30 Toxteth Park 8b 212

Comment

Originally posted by Debra A View Post
      ... I was just wondering if you'd ordered this death certificate?-

Deaths Mar 1889
      Wilson Mary 30 Toxteth Park 8b 212
      This Mary Wilson's age is five years too young, Debra. I wouldn't have ordered her certificate or even looked for her on the 1881 Census.

I only looked at Mary/Mary Jane Wilson/Kellys the right age or one year off. If I couldn't find them in the 1881 Census as someone else, I ordered their certificate.

A more thorough search may be in order, with all the ones covered posted somewhere to avoid duplication of effort.

Comment

This Mary Wilson's age is five years too young, Debra. I wouldn't have ordered her certificate or even looked for her on the 1881 Census.

I only looked at Mary/Mary Jane Wilson/Kellys the right age or one year off. If I couldn't find them in the 1881 Census as someone else, I ordered their certificate.

A more thorough search may be in order, with all the ones covered posted somewhere to avoid duplication of effort.
        I'm surprised a mere 4/5 years difference in the recorded age has put you off this one, Maybea. Accuracy of recorded age at death depends on who the informant was and if they knew the deceased exact age. You don't need a birth certificate to register a death and it could be one among probably thousands of entries where the death was recorded (or maybe transcribed) incorrectly. I would think it close enough to be worth a closer look?

Comment

This may be the Mary Wilson mentioned in Deb's post:

Toxteth Park Burials

Name Age Rank Address Buried

WILSON Mary 30 years Wife 8 Modred Street 8 March 1889

Folio Entry C/N Section Grave Class

3293 65853 C 7 626 352 CEM 9/1/13

There are sixteen other people (non-relatives) buried in
          Section 7, Grave 626.

Robert Wilson was buried in Walton Park, 13 January 1890.

This Mary Wilson is not listed as a widow.

For future reference:

Last edited by Livia; 03-03-2014, 03:03 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Thanks very much for those details Liv.

Comment

She's not readily eliminated by the census record. I may just have to order her death record.

You have to admit that she's the last overt match in the BMD Deaths + or - 5years in age.

If she isn't Mary Jane Wilson, then MJW must be taken seriously.

Comment

She's not readily eliminated by the census record. I may just have to order her death record.

You have to admit that she's the last overt match in the BMD Deaths + or - 5years in age.

If she isn't Mary Jane Wilson, then MJW must be taken seriously.
                Look at it this way, MayBea-the people who are advocating Alice Carroll as MJK are claiming exactly the same thing for the same reasons. Mary Jane Kelly can't have been both women yet both sides are equally adamant their candidate should be taken seriously.
                Both sides are also cherry picking information on MJK to make their candidate fit a little better and poor old Barnett is being made out to be a total clueless moron.

Comment

Look at it this way, MayBea-the people who are advocating Alice Carroll as MJK are claiming exactly the same thing for the same reasons. Mary Jane Kelly can't have been both women yet both sides are equally adamant their candidate should be taken seriously.
                  Both sides are also cherry picking information on MJK to make their candidate fit a little better and poor old Barnett is being made out to be a total clueless moron.
                  Hi, Debra,
                  I have such great respect for your work and views. Would you be willing to evaluate them side-by-side?

Thx,

Velma

Comment

So Debra, you would take Barnett's witness statements or non-statements, over the unexplained and extremely compelling lack of a documented death IDing someone as someone else?

Wow! I guess I wasted my time and money ordering the death certificate of the Mary Wilson you found.

You pointed out Alice Carroll was in Ireland in September 1887. Mary Wilson was in Liverpool in October 1887. Big difference.

http://www.jtrforums.com/showthread.php?t=14189&page=7

Comment

Originally posted by curious View Post
                      Hi, Debra,
                      I have such great respect for your work and views. Would you be willing to evaluate them side-by-side?
                      Yes, by all means, how about evaluating them both on the Mary Kelly boards?

Comment

So Debra, you would take Barnett's witness statements or non-statements, over the unexplained and extremely compelling lack of a documented death IDing someone as someone else?

Wow! I guess I wasted my time and money ordering the death certificate of the Mary Wilson you found.

You pointed out Alice Carroll was in Ireland in September 1887. Mary Wilson was in Liverpool in October 1887. Big difference.

http://www.jtrforums.com/showthread.php?t=14189&page=7
                        I was simply pointing out that both groups believe that they may have identified MJK but have also both had to disregarded the evidence given by Barnett in the process. If that upsets you I'm sorry. Perhaps you could have a debate with Phil Carter and Trevor Marriott about it.

Comment

Originally posted by curious View Post
                          Hi, Debra,

Thx,

Velma
                          Thanks for the kind words, Velma. I think it would be much more interesting if the people suggesting both these scenarios would debate each other.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, Velma. I think it would be much more interesting if the people suggesting both these scenarios would debate each other.
                            I see both as interesting . . .

but would prefer to see your take.

Comment

What about the "poor old" Street Missionary? Isn't he being made out to be a moron by those who are still looking for Mary in Wales?

When he says she is not a Welshwoman, does it not mean she's not from Wales? Everyone would know Kelly is an Irish name.

http://forum.casebook.org/archive/index.php/t-4187.html

Comment

In fact the City Missionary's account closely tallies with Joe's retelling of MJK's story.

From Ireland, moved to Wales and married.
                                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
                                X