Queen Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queen Victoria

I've been away for some time, things got busy, happy holidays to all . I'm wondering, aside from the royal conspiracy, what was the Queen's position and actions towards Jack the Ripper? Did she ever say anything of it?

Queen Victoria was, so it transpires, somewhat critical of the police's efforts to catch Jack the Ripper, as is evidenced from some of her letters at the time.

Comment

Additionally in her diary on October 4th she wrote: "Dreadful murders of unfortunate women of a bad class, in London. There were 6, with horrible mutilations."

And after Mary Jane Kelly's murder she sent this to the PM:
      ​​​"This new most ghastly murder shows the absolute necessity for some very decided action. All these courts must be lit, and our detectives improved. They are not what they should be. You promised, when the first murder took place, to consult with your colleagues about it."

Comment

Originally posted by Astatine211 View Post
        Additionally in her diary on October 4th she wrote: "Dreadful murders of unfortunate women of a bad class, in London. There were 6, with horrible mutilations."

And after Mary Jane Kelly's murder she sent this to the PM:
        ​​​"This new most ghastly murder shows the absolute necessity for some very decided action. All these courts must be lit, and our detectives improved. They are not what they should be. You promised, when the first murder took place, to consult with your colleagues about it."
        Thanks for that .
        Last edited by FISHY1118; 01-31-2022, 03:53 AM.
        'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

I wonder who she thought was the first murder . Kelly had yet to be killed , perhaps Smith or Tabram
          'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

Possibly Fairy Fay? I think the name was mentioned in parliament, so it's possible it was also mentioned to Her Maj.
            " Queen Vic lured her victims into dark corners with offers of free fish and chips, washed down with White Satin." - forum user C4

Comment

Originally posted by Aelric View Post
              Possibly Fairy Fay? I think the name was mentioned in parliament, so it's possible it was also mentioned to Her Maj.
              Hmmmm not sure thats the case .

Comment

Working...
              X