Szemeredy - likely suspect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Szemeredy - likely suspect?

I have been reading some old posts here containing some research by Chris Scott. It strikes me Szemeredy is a good candidate to explore as a possible suspect. He has some interesting factors which makes him a good candidate I think:
    a) a known murderer
    b) throat cutting of a prostitute in Argentina before he came to Europe
    c) his own throat cutting suicide
    d) a known hatred of prostitutes
    e) the missing four years from 1886 to 1892 (in prison? in an asylum? in Whitechapel?)
    f) mental health issues
    g) a contemporary suspect
    h) a German or Austrian statement that claimed Szemeredy was thought to be the Ripper
    i) the mysterious Maduro character (was it Szemeredy?)

The downside being there is no direct evidence he was in London or any evidence he was connected to the murders - but then nor do any other suspects.

It seems to me he deserves greater scrutiny and I'm not sure why he is mostly over-looked. Is there some piece of evidence I'm not aware of that discounts him?

That was a waste of a post - have now discovered that a Gergely Marosi had posted on a different site that he found records of Szemeredy's being detained in two mental asylums in Budapest during 1886 and the spring of 1889. Actually a great bit of research.

Comment

Originally posted by etenguy View Post
      That was a waste of a post - have now discovered that a Gergely Marosi had posted on a different site that he found records of Szemeredy's being detained in two mental asylums in Budapest during 1886 and the spring of 1889. Actually a great bit of research.
      Think of it more as a "voyage of discovery". Taken in public.

Can you post the link to the Marosi research?
      Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

JTR Forums.
        My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Neil Cream was in Joliet Prison at the time of the murders yet that was no barrier to someone writing a book naming him as a suspect? You need to find out if he had a lookalike Eten
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
            Neil Cream was in Joliet Prison at the time of the murders yet that was no barrier to someone writing a book naming him as a suspect? You need to find out if he had a lookalike Eten
            And James Maybrick was....... actually no, I'm not going down that road...
            Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

Think of it more as a "voyage of discovery". Taken in public.

Can you post the link to the Marosi research?
              Hi Al

It was the JTRforum

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                Does the discovery of cloning count:

The first study of cloning took place in 1885, when German scientist Hans Adolf Eduard Driesch began researching reproduction. In 1902, he was able to create a set of twin salamanders by dividing an embryo into two separate, viable embryos, according to the Genetic Science Learning Center. www.livescience.com

Comment

Originally posted by etenguy View Post
                  I have been reading some old posts here containing some research by Chris Scott. It strikes me Szemeredy is a good candidate to explore as a possible suspect. He has some interesting factors which makes him a good candidate I think:
                  a) a known murderer
                  b) throat cutting of a prostitute in Argentina before he came to Europe
                  c) his own throat cutting suicide
                  d) a known hatred of prostitutes
                  e) the missing four years from 1886 to 1892 (in prison? in an asylum? in Whitechapel?)
                  f) mental health issues
                  g) a contemporary suspect
                  h) a German or Austrian statement that claimed Szemeredy was thought to be the Ripper
                  i) the mysterious Maduro character (was it Szemeredy?)

The downside being there is no direct evidence he was in London or any evidence he was connected to the murders - but then nor do any other suspects.

It seems to me he deserves greater scrutiny and I'm not sure why he is mostly over-looked. Is there some piece of evidence I'm not aware of that discounts him?
                  yawn. yawn
                  so no

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

And James Maybrick was....... actually no, I'm not going down that road...
                    That way lies madness Al
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Should be filed in the same category as Carl Feigenbaum. Another foreign cutthroat who cannot be proven to be in Whitechapel during the murders, if at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X