No announcement yet.

Patricia Cornwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think she really thought she had him. She felt she had built a good case from the letters and the ledger. Perhaps she ought to have waited at least until some of the DNA tests were done before adding "Case Closed" to the title.
    "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• I dont think its been conclusively proven he was in France.

Comment

• Hi, Monstrosity; welcome to the forums.

I happen to agree with you, there is some circumstantial evidence but not conclusive proof.

Interesting user name by the way.

Best regards, Archaic

Comment

• Read Matthew Sturgis's biography of Sickert. I don't have the book with me, but Sturgis says that Sickert was in Dieppe when the first four of the C5 were murdered. And Sickert has witnesses including, I think, Degas.

Comment

• Unless he went back and forth between France and England during those times, as Patty would have us believe.
            I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

• Hay Monstrosity

Be careful where you tread around here, you’re on a sticky wicket as they say in Blighty.

Before you go any further, I would ask myself what happened to ‘Patricia’s’ promised update?

Which I believe was due about? …well yes that was NOW

Pirate

PS Besides i feel honour bound to defend Norder's position in his absence
              Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 01-13-2010, 01:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JTRSickert View Post
                Unless he went back and forth between France and England during those times, as Patty would have us believe.
                Nope. It ain't gonna fly. Sickert was in Saint Valery-en-Caux (a little west of Dieppe) from about mid-August until early October with his mother, brothers, and a variety of house-guests. If he had disappeared for two or three days every time there was a murder in London, someone would have noticed.

Comment

• Hello you all!

Well, let's make it simple;

How long time did it take to travel back and forth between Dieppe and London in the LVP?!

All the best
                  Jukka
                  "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

• I don't know how long the whole trip would take, but Sturgis points out that Sickert would have had some travelling to do before he ever got on the boat. In 1888, there was no direct rail link between St Valery and Dieppe. The journey could only be accomplished via Rouen and took about 2.5 hours. Alternatively, there was a horse-drawn omnibus service available, but it took 4 hours.

Comment

• In Victorian times, did the Dieppe ferry (packet, I believe they were called then) dock at Newhaven as it does today?

Graham
                      We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• According to Sturgis anyway, yes it did.

Comment

• Hello you all!

Well, if Sickert used regular route ships, etc.;

How come no-one stated to have seen him?!

All the best
                          Jukka
                          "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

• Originally posted by JTRSickert View Post
                            Unless he went back and forth between France and England during those times, as Patty would have us believe.

If he was a killer, why did he just kill prostitutes in France? It seems a little bit of over-kill, to be on vacation in France, get the urge to kill a prostitute--go back to London of all places--(i guess young unfornunate women in English coastal towns aren't good enough for him)kill a unknown prostitute--as opposed to say an ex-girl friend, wife, some of one a little higher value to the suspect (and hence someone that the police can look to as a suspect)--then rush back to France to be there for breakfest without anyone the wiser. If the urge to kill was so great, he would've just picked some random French prostitute off of the streets. Serial Killers-organized or disorganized--don't plan that far in ahead especially when the urge to kill over takes them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
                              The two authors with 'case closed' on the cover are patsie and Andrew COOK.

Both of whom appear to have decided to remove he claim.

Pirate
                              Actually, I just finished Andrew's book--in 2 days sitting time--no less--and it seems to offer up nothing in regards to "close closed." If anything, it is a nice little primer on the role of the tabloids--(let's face it that's what a lot of them were)and JtR. But, no definately, conclusion.

Comment

• Hello Gman992!

Yes, indeed; had he been "practicing" with French prostitutes, that could have been a very good confirmation to Pat's conclusions!

All the best
                                Jukka

Comment

Working...
                                X