Patricia Cornwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
    Glenn I have no problems with your critism of her book..its basically true..

Its the silly personal abuse, the miss information and the liabling of professional experts, that I take exception too/at.
    If you take exception to it, why are you main person here doing it?

Dan Norder
    Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
    Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

• Sometimes pirates shift to corsaires, Dan...
      Poor Patricia, she just lost her last supporter on boards.

Comment

• Bet she hasn't!

Don't you believe it,he'll be back to the old Pirate Jack we all know and love to banter with,on this subject, before we know it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Norder View Post
          If you take exception to it, why are you main person here doing it?
          No Norder...as you well know, you choose to turn up and restart your pathetic bleatings..as you have been doing on other threads with other posters..

On the whole I just choose to ignore your thinly disguised personal vendetta's where ever possible.

However when your smell turns up and is in my face, I find it hard not to respond....you do, it seems, hold a unique position in my heart.

Do you have anything of any use to add to the conversation?

Or is it the usual mealy words, personal attack and miss informed opinion?

Comment

• Hi all-

Well at the end of the day Stephen Knight was responsible-probably unintentionally - for getting a lot of people 'going' on the "Road to Ripperology" (Little known film!) ....BUT I can admire his heroic attempt to make his name in this field for whatever personal reasons. A great shame he met his untimely end it would be interesting to hear his 'take' on this....

As to Patsy...A personal view (Without prejudice!) ...is that she's a 2nd rate writer, writing 2nd rate novels -there are many better at ...that type of thing/genre... as in Lynda La Plante,Minette Waters,Martina Cole (To quote just three) Well researched subject,place,people etc .and at the end of the day a GOOD read.

DON'T get me going on the Sickert book...quite nicely produced and to look at- shame we had to read it!

AND a shame it's caused all this toot on the boards....bet Patsy's loving every moment of it!!!! (Divide and Rule and all that) - and you can be sure that she checks it from time to time ,or one of her 'staff' does....now there's a disturbing thought!!...We all look forward to 'The Epiphany of the Camden Town Murders' any day now!!!

Pah!

Suz x
            Last edited by Suzi; 07-04-2008, 08:00 PM.
            'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

• Suzi,

Stephen Knight?
              Heroic attempts? Personal reasons?

Shouldn't it be attempts to commit fraud? And plain commercial reasons?
              Let's face it: Knight was a ruthless, dishonest psychopath, who deliberately falsified evidence for the sake of money and fame and who treated his critics with fericiosity and humiliation when they dared to put his work under scrutiny.
              The only two thing that differs him from Cornwell, is that he did most of the research himself (although he ripped off Gorman for the main story) and that he actually was a bloody gifted writer (which Cornwell is not).

I don't like speaking ill of the dead, but if Stephen Knight was here, he would continue to spit out his poison towards anyone who dared to criticise his nonsense. While Hollywood would fill up his bank account.

All the best
              The Swedes are the Men that Will not Be Blamed for Nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by Glenn Lauritz Andersson View Post
                Suzi,

Stephen Knight?

Let's face it: Knight was a ruthless, dishonest psychopath, who deliberately falsified evidence for the sake of money and fame and who treated his critics with fericiosity and humiliation when they dared to put his work under scrutiny.
                The only two thing that differs him from Cornwell, is that he did most of the research himself (although he ripped off Gorman for the main story) and that he actually was a bloody gifted writer (which Cornwell is not).

I don't like speaking ill of the dead, but if Stephen Knight was here, he would continue to spit out his poison towards anyone who dared to criticise his nonsense. While Hollywood would fill up his bank account.

All the best
                From Hell...is a great yarn...the kids love it....and like Patricia's book it is what it is...

If nothing else it has turned JtR into big business and at the end of the day serious Ripperologists benefit from that because there is a demand for more serious product and publications...

You only have to look at the popularity of this pathetic thread to gage just how big and popular she is...

Me I cant resist a good yarn..

Comment

• Originally posted by Glenn Lauritz Andersson View Post
                  Suzi,

Stephen Knight?

All the best
                  Hi Glenn-
                  Well at least if he was here he could (If he chose...)Have his say I guess!
                  AND as you say..he could write.......albeit mostly toot!

Suzi x

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
                    From Hell...is a great yarn...the kids love it....and like Patricia's book it is what it is...

If nothing else it has turned JtR into big business and at the end of the day serious Ripperologists benefit from that because there is a demand for more serious product and publications...

You only have to look at the popularity of this pathetic thread to gage just how big and popular she is...

Me I cant resist a good yarn..
                    The trouble is Jeff that a lot of people read these 'Good Yarns' and thought....'That was crap there must be something more' and went on to read something worth reading

Suz x

Comment

• Originally posted by Suzi View Post
                      The trouble is Jeff that a lot of people read these 'Good Yarns' and thought....'That was crap there must be something more' and went on to read something worth reading

Suz x
                      Absolutely Suzi, horses for courses..

My daughter and her freinds watched 'From Hell' a few weeks ago, and loved it as a horror film..

It was the first time they'd ever shown any interest in dads silly obsession.

They started asking questions..perhaps its not so boring..

Anyway its glass of wine time..editing finished for the day..

Have a good one

Jeff xx

Comment

• OK Jeff -Pax!! Glad the girls enjoyed....Mind you Johnny is a good way to introduce 'em!!

Enjoy the wine!! *chink* and have a goodun too!

Suz x

Comment

• [QUOTE=Pirate Jack;28050][QUOTE=Ally;28045]
                          Actually of all the suspects I cant help thinking Sickert would have enjoyed the noteriety, he would at least have understood the benefit of publicity and exposure. Ha Ha.
                          Oh I see, Leahy, so you think we should cut good ole Pat a break and not call her names, but you think her invention and lies, and deliberate framing of a man for murder is aces, because, in your purely subjective interpretation of a man you never met and know virtually nothing real about, you think he would have enjoyed the notoriety. That's a novel way of explaining away the wrongdoing. You think Sickert would have enjoyed being fit up for murder, so it can't be all that bad that Patsy did it.

I have to wonder at this point, just what are your motives in defending Cornwell so strongly? Because I sincerely doubt it's out of any real sincere belief that lying, invention and passing off of fiction as fact is something you actually think is the correct or honorable thing to do.

Ah you poor little inocent babies, unable to defend yourselves against the big nasty women....
                          And Pats is a poor innocent woman who needs you to defend her against the big bad Ripperologists? Really what's your angle?

Just get over it...I beleive Kroshov said 'The dog howls, the wind blows and the caravan moves on'
                          Like you've gotten over it? Apparently your caravan ain't moving on because you leap at the slightest opportunity to fawn all over "poor innocent" mistreated Patsy. Is Jeffy hoping she'll take notice of his heroic efforts on her behalf and throw some of that fat stack his way?

Let all Oz be agreed;
                          I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• Ally, I've said it before but I'll say it again, Cornwall is a harder but more erudite women than you, and the bad bitch in you gets red-eye... just because you would like that fame and pleasure.
                            I support Cornwall on her present course.
                            It's a fair wind.
                            While you tack.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Ally;28203][QUOTE=Pirate Jack;28050]
                              Originally posted by Ally View Post
                              Oh I see, Leahy, so you think we should cut good ole Pat a break and not call her names, but you think her invention and lies, and deliberate framing of a man for murder is aces, because, in your purely subjective interpretation of a man you never met and know virtually nothing real about, you think he would have enjoyed the notoriety. That's a novel way of explaining away the wrongdoing. You think Sickert would have enjoyed being fit up for murder, so it can't be all that bad that Patsy did it.

I have to wonder at this point, just what are your motives in defending Cornwell so strongly? Because I sincerely doubt it's out of any real sincere belief that lying, invention and passing off of fiction as fact is something you actually think is the correct or honorable thing to do.
                              As I've said repeatedly, the very nature of Ripperology is accusing innocent people..its what you and I do every day...be it Druit, Maybrick, Chapman, Tumbelty..etc etc..take your pick theres enough suspects

Like it or not ripperology is the art of acussing the innocent.

And Pats is a poor innocent woman who needs you to defend her against the big bad Ripperologists? Really what's your angle?
                              Whats with the crocadile tears?

Like you've gotten over it? Apparently your caravan ain't moving on because you leap at the slightest opportunity to fawn all over "poor innocent" mistreated Patsy. Is Jeffy hoping she'll take notice of his heroic efforts on her behalf and throw some of that fat stack his way?
                              Indeed that would be nice..never look a gift horse etc..however like your demanded appology...it aint gonna happen...

Pirate

Comment

• Originally posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
                                I support Cornwall on her present course.
                                You what?????

It's strange. All these years you have accused writers on the subject for being in it for the money (although that in itself is ridiculous since there certainly is no money in non-fiction books), and now you're supporting the one author who is the most commercial of them all?

Are you trying to get me addicted to brandy?

All the best
                                The Swedes are the Men that Will not Be Blamed for Nothing

Comment

Working...
                                X