Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mac-the-kipper
    replied
    I am led to believe that till receipts have been found that proves Sickert used the Mayfair branch of Woolworths to purchase his cheap notebooks and Gel ballpoint pens.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Leahy
    replied
    Inner circle? Are you hinting at a gay liason?

Oh err Misses

One of my favourite scene of one of my favourite movies of all times.Have a good laugh!:-)

Leave a comment:

• dougie
    replied
    Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
    Hi Dougie

I guess most people know I've been out'ed as a Kosminskite

However I do hope that knowone would ever accuse me of not having an open mind on the Ripper case. Certainly from a professional view point I always strive towards balanced opinion.

All I was hinting at was I would find Jk Stephen more likely in Druits circle. not Sickert's

And I have not as yet crossed Druit off my suspect list as a posibility..

Though I admit it is a very short list

But I will be waiting along with you to hear what he has to say

Pirate
    Pirate,
    No I wasnt trying to suggest you were biased,quite the opposite....but what I nmeant was as I wasnt a confirmed druittist or maybrickist or whatever ,its easier for me to believe..errm .... anything? ...
    And of course as you said Stephen would more likely be "in " with druitt rather than sickert,I didnt think of that.hmmm.....Of course I guess theres no way of knowing at this date whether Druitt "penetrated Stephens inner circle or not"
    be good

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Leahy
    replied
    Hi Dougie

I guess most people know I've been out'ed as a Kosminskite

However I do hope that knowone would ever accuse me of not having an open mind on the Ripper case. Certainly from a professional view point I always strive towards balanced opinion.

All I was hinting at was I would find Jk Stephen more likely in Druits circle. not Sickert's

And I have not as yet crossed Druit off my suspect list as a posibility..

Though I admit it is a very short list

But I will be waiting along with you to hear what he has to say

Pirate

Leave a comment:

• dougie
    replied
    Pirate,
    Thats probabley good advice Druitt that is.......but who knows? its dangerous to "second guess" what the guy has to say......Im not really in any "camp" so that makes it easy to keep an open mind I suppose.
    regards

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Leahy
    replied
    At best Sickert may have involved himself..possibly written hoax letters.

as for JK STephen? I'd stick with Druit

Pirate

Leave a comment:

• dougie
    replied
    Well if Stan russo goes ahead and publishes,ill be interested......Cornwell might have messed up,but that doesnt NECCESSARILLY mean a great deal in the fuller picture.Really I was just impressed by russos manner of thinking,it was refreshingly even handed I felt....and sccording to him Sickert DID have a fistula.....whether thats relevant to anything in particular I wouldnt like to hazard a fguess to be honest

Leave a comment:

• Dan Norder
    replied
    Well, Cornwell hired Keith Skinner to fact check her old book, among other things, so if she actually does go through and correct the errors in that one it would essentially be a whole new book despite having the same suspect.

Leave a comment:

• Bailey
    replied
    Unless I've missed something, isn't it just a revised edition rather than a whole new book?

B.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Leahy
    replied
    Still poor old Sickert

Pirate

Leave a comment:

• stevebaker25
    replied
    Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
    Surely its fairly common knowledge that another Patsie book is on its way...without he title 'caseclosed' which she now openly acknowledges was a miss-take.

So just another suspect book..

Pirate
    Really?! Oh dear god! I don't keep up with anything that has her name tagged to it I'm afraid. So is it still Sickert's memory she's trying to rape or someone else now?

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Leahy
    replied
    Originally posted by stevebaker25 View Post
    Well it's nice to see that some things don't change. Denn have you bought another book yet or are you still studying Patty's inflammatory crusade?
    Why not go and buy The Mammoth Book Of Jack The Ripper and you can read about a few more suspects? Most of which have stronger cases against them than Patty could ever hope to built against Walter Sickert.
    Seriously, Bury is a much more viable suspect. What about 'David Cohen'? Martin Fido really could be onto something with that one. These two are great examples of the kind of people to be found on the streets of Whitechapel at the time of the murders.
    Please just stop this madness before you encourage Patricia Cornwell to write another book about this. Case Closed? How insulting a title is that, really? It's no more closed than it was on Friday, August 31, 1888. It pains me that you've wasted so much time on this theory...
    Surely its fairly common knowledge that another Patsie book is on its way...without he title 'caseclosed' which she now openly acknowledges was a miss-take.

So just another suspect book..

Pirate

Leave a comment:

• stevebaker25
    replied
    Well it's nice to see that some things don't change. Denn have you bought another book yet or are you still studying Patty's inflammatory crusade?
    Why not go and buy The Mammoth Book Of Jack The Ripper and you can read about a few more suspects? Most of which have stronger cases against them than Patty could ever hope to built against Walter Sickert.
    Seriously, Bury is a much more viable suspect. What about 'David Cohen'? Martin Fido really could be onto something with that one. These two are great examples of the kind of people to be found on the streets of Whitechapel at the time of the murders.
    Please just stop this madness before you encourage Patricia Cornwell to write another book about this. Case Closed? How insulting a title is that, really? It's no more closed than it was on Friday, August 31, 1888. It pains me that you've wasted so much time on this theory...

Leave a comment:

• Bailey
    replied
    I believe Mr Russo, who is quite a character if his Rippercast appearances are any indication, is in the process of writing a book and so is keeping his cards close to his chest. I think he went into a little more detail on a later podcast, but not much. I'm certainly intrigued as to what he has up his sleeve - Sickert & Stephen is an interesting combo!

B.

Leave a comment:

• dougie
    replied
    Listened to an early podcast yesterday,which had as its guest a guy called Stan Russo..he said he believed sickert and stephen were the killers,said there was a great deal to back up the theory.unfortunately that podcast didnt go much further on that issue.I would have liked to hear his theory in full.He seemed much more open minded than .most .Is there anything around where he expounds on this theory?
    regards

Leave a comment:

Working...
X