the diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
    morning Graham,Mike Barrett did not write diary of that I'm sure because of the watch I believe diary was written in battlecrease shortly after maybricks death.The stuff about his mate giving it him and his wife having it in is family is rubbish I think.I do have a theory and its quite straight forward it's not a conspiracy involving lots of people.Problem with all this is that so many lies have been told if we are every told the truth again will we believe it.I do believe Mrs Barrett only lied to keep Mr Barrett out of prison when or if the information keith skinner discoverd in 2007 is released to us I think it will tie in with what I believe

You think the diary was written in James Maybrick's house by someone? Nurse yapp?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaz View Post
      You think the diary was written in James Maybrick's house by someone? Nurse yapp?
      Hi kaz,my theory is that book and watch were forged and were going to be sold to a newspaper or a publisher once Mrs maybrick was hung however when she wasn't hung and would be able to contradict book it was never sold.watch obviously had some value and left the house diary was left hanging about and the rest as they say is history
      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Hi kaz,my theory is that book and watch were forged and were going to be sold to a newspaper or a publisher once Mrs maybrick was hung however when she wasn't hung and would be able to contradict book it was never sold.watch obviously had some value and left the house diary was left hanging about and the rest as they say is history

Yes, I go along with that. As to who put pen to paper is obviously impossible to determine, unless someone somewhere has new and unpublished information (are you there, Keith?). Nurse Yapp could well be a contender, as she was not on good terms with James Maybrick - there was even some speculation that she was one of James' many mistresses. The only thing I'd say is that the 'Diary' has always struck me as being written by an accomplished literary person, and purposely made to look a bit dumb in parts, if you follow me.

I mentioned on an earlier post that Paul Feldman discovered there was also a supposed Florence Maybrick Diary that was being touted to the press shortly after her conviction. So it would see that fake 'diaries' were all the rage just then.

Now - how do you suppose the 'Diary' came into Mike Barrett's possession? Via someone at The Saddle, or what?

Graham
        We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

In what way would flo have contradicted the diary? If anything she would have gone along with it? surely?

I dont believe a nurse from the 19th century could have compiled the diary, nurse yapp's involvement ties into the official line as to how anne;s family possesed it but nothing more. If the diary is a fraud someone very clever, not to mention lucky, wrote it.

Comment

In what way would flo have contradicted the diary? If anything she would have gone along with it? surely?

I dont believe a nurse from the 19th century could have compiled the diary, nurse yapp's involvement ties into the official line as to how anne;s family possesed it but nothing more. If the diary is a fraud someone very clever, not to mention lucky, wrote it.
            James maybrick must have had some documentation at battlecrease maybe a business diary that logged his appointments of the year could our forger have checked that before putting pen to paper so that they would know there was nothing to conflict with maybrick been the ripper.Florence would be able to rubbish this diary but not if she was dead.
            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Florence would be able to rubbish this diary but not if she was dead.
              But how would she and more importantly 'why' would she?

I can't see how this explains a forgery by anyone linked to flo/james or battlecrease house?

Comment

• If Florence was hung and then the diary published soon after because of the timing the diary would sell a lot better her execution would have been major news .

Comment

If Florence was hung and then the diary published soon after because of the timing the diary would sell a lot better her execution would have been major news .
                  Makes sense, but as she was reprieved but not released from prison, then surely the publication of the 'Diary' might have assisted her in getting her case reviewed, and a possible release? It's an old suggestion that the 'Diary' was written to help Florence's predicament, but never used.

So any thoughts on how the 'Diary' came into the Barretts' possession?

Graham
                  We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

If Florence was hung and then the diary published soon after because of the timing the diary would sell a lot better her execution would have been major news .

The trial was major news, one of the biggest cases of the era.

If the diary was compiled by someone in battlecrease house it would have been published if flo swung or not, it would have made money and probably of helped flo's cause, none of that happened so it all seems an unlikely scenario, to me.

Comment

The trial was major news, one of the biggest cases of the era.

If the diary was compiled by someone in battlecrease house it would have been published if flo swung or not, it would have made money and probably of helped flo's cause, none of that happened so it all seems an unlikely scenario, to me.
                      Perhaps our forger got cold feet and couldn't find a way to get in the public eye without been found out would have been a lot more copies of James maybricks handwriting kicking about in those days

Comment

• Originally posted by Graham View Post
                        Makes sense, but as she was reprieved but not released from prison, then surely the publication of the 'Diary' might have assisted her in getting her case reviewed, and a possible release? It's an old suggestion that the 'Diary' was written to help Florence's predicament, but never used.

So any thoughts on how the 'Diary' came into the Barretts' possession?

Graham
                        Hi Graham,No way Mr Barrett or his associates forged diary so let's do a very basic timeline.First work is done at battlecrease.Second workmen who do work at battle crease go drinking in Mr barretts local in which he spends a lot of time.Third diary appears on the scene like I said it ain't rocket science.

Comment

• Ah, I see that the Casebook Maybrick threads have gone back to Planet Zog.
                          allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
                            Ah, I see that the Casebook Maybrick threads have gone back to Planet Zog.
                            A bit harsh ....I think planet wingle wongle maybe.

Comment

• No way Mr Barrett or his associates forged diary so let's do a very basic timeline
                              I, er, think we're agreed on this, PM, as I've been saying it for several years now.

workmen who do work at battle crease go drinking in Mr barretts local in which he spends a lot of time.Third diary appears on the scene like I said it ain't rocket science.
                              This as I've already said is feasible. Feldman in my view never followed up this lead, so convinced was he of the Graham family origin. Which, I suppose, lacking any concrere knowledge to the contrary, is still feasible (but highly doubtful).

But given your descriptions of him, why would anyone pass the 'Diary' to Mike Barrett? Surely if it had been found by the electrician, then he would have 'done a Barrett' and begun to tout it around the publishing world? Or would he? There's something missing here, not sure what....

Graham

Comment

• Originally posted by Graham View Post
                                I, er, think we're agreed on this, PM, as I've been saying it for several years now.

This as I've already said is feasible. Feldman in my view never followed up this lead, so convinced was he of the Graham family origin. Which, I suppose, lacking any concrere knowledge to the contrary, is still feasible (but highly doubtful).

But given your descriptions of him, why would anyone pass the 'Diary' to Mike Barrett? Surely if it had been found by the electrician, then he would have 'done a Barrett' and begun to tout it around the publishing world? Or would he? There's something missing here, not sure what....

Graham
                                If it was taken from battlecrease it was taken without Mr Dodds permission which means it's stolen.So to profit from the book it has to be discovered hence Mr Barretts **** and bull story.The story about getting it of his mate who was now dead could never be proved but it couldn't be disproved.All quite straight forward like I said Mr Barrett never expected it to get so out of hand and people to believe him.

Comment

Working...
                                X