New Book: The Maybrick Murder and the Diary of Jack the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by StevenOwl View Post
    I could make a suggestion or two dear Caz, but it would probably get me banned for life.

On the contrary to this, RJ was always able to express his educated views and opinions politely and professionally without getting himself banned.

I would suggest you try to learn from him.

TB

Comment

• Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post

I don't see any evidence of initials on Mjk that was reported at the time. . If they were then you could use the diary as evidence in the way that you suggested.
      And how exactly would people have commented 'at the time' on the initials on Kelly's wall so evident now on MJK/1 when the photograph wasn't published with any acuity until Dan Farson in 1972?

If you are referring to those people who had the misfortune to enter Kelly's room 'at the time', I strongly suggest you think the lighting situation through. We can see her initials because the photographer used a flashbulb. No non-photographer could have done that in 1888 so how do you imagine the casual observer noticed them in the gloom of her room and when set against such terrible gore?
      Iconoclast
      Materials: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox

Comment

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post
        I would suggest you try to learn from him.

TB
        No worries, Baron. When I am being insulted, I just think of the phrase "bumbling buffoon" and have a good laugh. I'm in your debt for that discovery.

Really, what are we doing here, anyway?

What can we possibly say to theorists like Thomas Mitchell and Jay Hartley who don't think the top dogs at Scotland Yard --from Dr. Robert Anderson to Inspector Fred Abberline to Dr. Thomas Bond--were smart enough to have someone bring a pair of lanterns into Kelly's room in order to conduct the medical examination and to make an inventory of the room's contents? Probably not even smart enough to toss aside the old coat that was covering the window...

Someone is groping around in the dark, but I don't think it was Scotland Yard's C.I.D.

Somewhere along the lines, the Diary Faithful stopped caring whether their arguments are even credible.

Click image for larger version  Name:	punch.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.3 KB ID:	800545
        Last edited by rjpalmer; 11-25-2022, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post

And how exactly would people have commented 'at the time' on the initials on Kelly's wall so evident now on MJK/1 when the photograph wasn't published with any acuity until Dan Farson in 1972?

If you are referring to those people who had the misfortune to enter Kelly's room 'at the time', I strongly suggest you think the lighting situation through. We can see her initials because the photographer used a flashbulb. No non-photographer could have done that in 1888 so how do you imagine the casual observer noticed them in the gloom of her room and when set against such terrible gore?
          Have you read Dr Bonds post mortem?

Its very detailed and extensive wouldn't you say, ?

Where's the part that he mentions F.M initials on her forearm ?

Were not talking about a casual observer but a trained medical professional , who after his post mortem which covered just about ever part of her anatomy , he fails to mention the F.M initials ?
          'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

• Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post

Have you read Dr Bonds post mortem?

Its very detailed and extensive wouldn't you say, ?

Where's the part that he mentions F.M initials on her forearm ?

Were not talking about a casual observer but a trained medical professional , who after his post mortem which covered just about ever part of her anatomy , he fails to mention the F.M initials ?
            Then I am in good company, Fishy, because I don't mention them either.

The 'F.M.' is very obvious on Kelly's wall, whilst her arm has what appears to be a very deliberate 'F' carved into it. If Bond failed to say this, there are a number of potential reasons why but I won't speculate because we don't know.
            Last edited by Iconoclast; 11-25-2022, 01:19 PM.
            Iconoclast

Comment

• Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post
              Somewhere along the lines, the Diary Faithful stopped caring whether their arguments are even credible.
              Somewhere along the lines, the Hoax Faithful stopped caring whether their arguments are actually contradicted by the evidence.

We can all see those initials. We understand why you can't admit to their being there.

We understand your panic at their mere presence in MJK/1.
              Iconoclast

Comment

Somewhere along the lines, the Hoax Faithful stopped caring whether their arguments are actually contradicted by the evidence.

We can all see those initials. We understand why you can't admit to their being there.

We understand your panic at their mere presence in MJK/1.
                Amazing how Phillips made his examination of the relevant areas in pitch dark and missed them though:

I am sure the body had been removed, after the injury which caused death, from that side of the bedstead which was nearest to the wooden partition previously mentioned. The large quantity of blood under the bedstead, the saturated condition of the palliasse, pillow, and sheet at the top corner of the bedstead nearest to the partition leads

Don't say it was too dark because that is clearly a load rubbish.

Comment

• I found a dog lying under Kelly's window!

Do we know if Maybrick was fond of dogs?!

Attached Files

Comment

I found a dog lying under Kelly's window!

I recall someone else found a jolly little Scottie dog on Kelly's wall, alongside Humpty Dumpty. Perhaps it was Sickert after all and he did a few doodles..

Comment

• Originally posted by Aethelwulf View Post

Amazing how Phillips made his examination of the relevant areas in pitch dark and missed them though:

I am sure the body had been removed, after the injury which caused death, from that side of the bedstead which was nearest to the wooden partition previously mentioned. The large quantity of blood under the bedstead, the saturated condition of the palliasse, pillow, and sheet at the top corner of the bedstead nearest to the partition leads

Don't say it was too dark because that is clearly a load rubbish.
                      Don't say 'Don't say' unless your argument is categorically proven, which it is not. It's just your assumption. Same as my assumption that the lighting in the room was never adequate to highlight those potentially irrelevant initials. Neither of us were there so we're never going to prove it now 130+ years later, are we?

I would remind you of this interesting fact, though. Farson published MJK/1 in 1972 and it (and MJK/2) were repeatedly published thereafter. It was only because of the Victorian scrapbook that Florrie's initials were ever spotted on Kelly's wall, but now - because they have been spotted - it's pretty jolly obvious where to look to find them (or 'the shapes' if that makes you feel less threatened). Therefore, the light provided by the photographer's flash was still not enough to cause anyone to spot the 'FM' on Kelly's wall until Feldman sent the photograph for analysis and the now-familiar 'FM' was identified.

Please don't cite Simon Wood. We have established (and Simon has agreed) that the letters he briefly thought he saw were not the 'F' and the 'M'.
                      Iconoclast

Comment

I recall someone else found a jolly little Scottie dog on Kelly's wall

It cannot be a coincidence then, now we have established the existence of two dogs!!!

We know that Aaron kosminski had been charged for walking an unmuzzled dog!

I say this is a case closed now , this is a definitive proof of his guilt.

TB

Comment

I recall someone else found a jolly little Scottie dog on Kelly's wall, alongside Humpty Dumpty. Perhaps it was Sickert after all and he did a few doodles..
                          You could find a sketch of Attila the Hun on Kelly's forehead but - in the absence of a reference to it in some recently-discovered document - such an image is utterly irrelevant. If you don't realise this, you're being a bit dim. If you do realise this, you're just being provocative.

Which one is it?
                          Iconoclast

Comment

It was only because of the Victorian scrapbook that Florrie's initials were ever spotted on Kelly's wall
                            They aren't initials though so the whole thing is a waste of time. The undeniable fact is that the area was examined closely, and guess what - no initials. Reassuring to see life in the fish tank carries on as normal. Don't worry, I put on fresh 'trackies' for this visit ha ha. See you next year.

Comment

They aren't initials though so the whole thing is a waste of time. The undeniable fact is that the area was examined closely, and guess what - no initials. Reassuring to see life in the fish tank carries on as normal. Don't worry, I put on fresh 'trackies' for this visit ha ha. See you next year.
                              That's why I also called them 'the shapes' for the benefit of those who seek to contest that 'the shapes' form a highly credible 'F' and a pretty unmistakeable 'M'. Whether they are shapes which look like an 'F' and an 'M' or else - more simply - are an 'F' and an 'M' almost certainly is determined by any underlying biases the individual poster and reader carries around with them.
                              Iconoclast

Comment

I found a dog lying under Kelly's window!

I'm afraid that's also fake baron , but nice try
                                'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

Working...
                                X