New Book: The Maybrick Murder and the Diary of Jack the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I solved it?

The word ‘men’ looks like MM = stands for Melville Macnaghten, one of his best friends was related by marriage to the Druitt’s

Will = Druitt’s brother William.

The ‘are’ looks like Ann = Druitt’s mother.

Juwes could be James = Druitt’s Uncle.

Blam(ED) = Druitt’s brother Edward.

Not(HING) looks like King = Druitt’s chambers were at King’s Bench Walk.

Druitt was 31, the 31st letter is B = for Blackheath School where Druitt worked until his sacking.

The word ‘men’ looks like ‘min.’ = short for ‘Minster?’ Druitt was born in Winborne Minster.

And all of this on a chalked message - and who uses chalk? A schoolteacher.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• No one likes my suggestion then.

Oh well, back to the old drawing board.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Hi Herlock,

I think you’ve spent so long researching that one that you haven’t noticed Admin’s post.

Cheers,

Ike

PS Post it onto the Incontrovertible thread. Literally anything goes there.
        Iconoclast
        Materials: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox

Comment

• Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post
          Hi Herlock,

I think you’ve spent so long researching that one that you haven’t noticed Admin’s post.

Cheers,

Ike

PS Post it onto the Incontrovertible thread. Literally anything goes there.

Cheers Ike
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Cheers Ike
            It was very clever, by the way!
            Iconoclast

Comment

It was very clever, by the way!
              They don’t call me Herlock Sholmes for nothing Ike.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Does anyone know when this book will be dispatched by Mango Books?

My order is in.

Comment

• I've just a very prompt from Adam in reply to an email I sent to Mango Books asking when the book would be available.

The books are being packed now, and will be sent out today or tomorrow.

I wasn't sure if my email to Mango went through, hence this somewhat superfluous posting.

Doh!

Comment

• Two talks from Chris Jones and one from Adam Wood from the Maybrick Mystery Book Launch and Conference 10 & 11 September 2022 will be released this evening, US time, via Rippercast.

The links to the recordings will be posted in a separate discussion thread.

Stay tuned

JM

Comment

• I thought Chris Jones presentation a the conference over the weekend was pretty comprehensive in putting the diary to bed. After everything he talked about I am not sure how the diary can be anything but fake and I just cannot in any way see how Maybrick could be even remotely considered to be JTR.

The talk is seriously well worth watching/listening to. Sure it will be out soon as a ripper cast. Very keen to read the new book now.
                      Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

• Originally posted by Losmandris View Post
                        I thought Chris Jones presentation a the conference over the weekend was pretty comprehensive in putting the diary to bed. After everything he talked about I am not sure how the diary can be anything but fake and I just cannot in any way see how Maybrick could be even remotely considered to be JTR.

The talk is seriously well worth watching/listening to. Sure it will be out soon as a ripper cast. Very keen to read the new book now.
                        I can recommend it Los.

I'm halfway through it and thoroughly enjoying it, and yes, I think that the authors pretty much put a stake through the heart of the Maybrick theory.

Although I do fully expect some serious pushback.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

I can recommend it Los.

I'm halfway through it and thoroughly enjoying it, and yes, I think that the authors pretty much put a stake through the heart of the Maybrick theory.

Excellent. In that case, I hope they deliver to France!
                          Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

• Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

I can recommend it Los.

Well Barney there will be absolutely no pushback if it is true that Chris and the doc have successfully and unequivocally put the scrapbook to the sword.

Honestly, I think Ladbrokes will be sleeping easily tonight. When I read the book (and I will, but there's much on my plate before this one), I am confident that I will find a series of personal incredulity and faulty logic dressed up as evidence.

All in good time, though.
                            Iconoclast

Comment

Well Barney there will be absolutely no pushback if it is true that Chris and the doc have successfully and unequivocally put the scrapbook to the sword.

Honestly, I think Ladbrokes will be sleeping easily tonight. When I read the book (and I will, but there's much on my plate before this one), I am confident that I will find a series of personal incredulity and faulty logic dressed up as evidence.

All in good time, though.
                              I'm sure that you will enjoy it Ike.
                              if nothing else, it's an excellent analysis of the Maybrick poisoning case.

Comment

• Interesting, that Chris Jones said Mike Barrett told him in 2008 the diary came from Tony Devereux (Casebook interview).

Maybe there's hope for my theory after all.

Comment

Working...
                                X