This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Observer View Post

It's nothing like it, and if you can detect the resemblance, then it's pure coincidence
    I was waiting for it and you didn't let me down!

Just as Florence's initials on Kelly's wall have made it onto every published version of the infamous photograph since 1888 but the diary detractors either can't see them or simply say they're not there, I knew that the response from you (or one like you) would be along the lines of "It's not a match"!

Oh you indulge me, Sir!
    Iconoclast
    Materials: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox

Comment

• Originally posted by peg&pie View Post
      Aunty so and so. Piffle. Used by both my family and my partner's to refer to a close female relative or friend. Even more common in the older generations when people looked after each other unconditionally.

Much less of a problem than the handwriting or breast placement.

And no, I'm not a diary supporter. Just a supporter of good sense and provable facts.
      Hi peg&pie, let's not forget about the two farthing at the Chapman murder scene. What's your opinion with regard to that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post

I was waiting for it and you didn't let me down!

Just as Florence's initials on Kelly's wall have made it onto every published version of the infamous photograph since 1888 but the diary detractors either can't see them or simply say they're not there, I knew that the response from you (or one like you) would be along the lines of "It's not a match"!

Oh you indulge me, Sir!
        Here, I'll not let you down twice in a row. The initials are not on the wall. I doubt if there's more than three people on this planet who believe as such

Comment

• And as for the Maybrick clan's initials being incorporated into the GSG, well, I think you are all on your lonesome with that one

Comment

Speaking of bollocks, why did the author of the Diary refer to there being two farthings at the Chapman murder scene? Assuming you can of course.
            I'll take that as distraction tactics, then.

The signature is a nailed-on issue which can't be answered, so we attempt to divert by resorting to an issue which has been debated - not for 28 years - but for a hundred more again.
            Iconoclast

Comment

• can it get anymore bonkers? its clearly a mistake by the hoaxer, and Lord Orsam clearly points out exactly why giving the details and history.

not only that the hoaxer uses the term as a descriptor "visit her aunt". not as a term of endearment or nickname or name.

and unless anyone can find documented proof that the godmother was frequently referred to as an aunt its all just wishful thinking isnt it?

ill take the real research and facts uncovered by Lord Orsam over diary defending mental gymnastics every time.

Comment

I'll take that as distraction tactics, then.

The signature is a nailed-on issue which can't be answered, so we attempt to divert by resorting to an issue which has been debated - not for 28 years - but for a hundred more again.
                Not at all, the signature is not a nailed-on issue, and there were no farthings found at the Chapman murder scene

Comment

• Originally posted by The Baron View Post

The true definition of a Ripperologist!

Orsam is a one-off researcher!

The Baron
                  lol. he sure is. amazing

Comment

Aunty so and so. Piffle. Used by both my family and my partner's to refer to a close female relative or friend. Even more common in the older generations when people looked after each other unconditionally.

And no, I'm not a diary supporter. Just a supporter of good sense and provable facts.
                    I see you named yourself after your cats - so did I!

You adopt a fine standard, Sir or Madam. If it's a fraud, it's a fraud. If it's authentic, it's authentic. So let's demonstrate it one way or the other rather than make arguments out of sand.

As a matter of interest, you seem to be a well-balanced individual: Do you feel that Florrie's initials are discernible on Kelly's wall? (Now, I said 'discernible' not 'there', note.)

Cheers,

Ike
                    Iconoclast

Comment

By the way, here is one of life's little ironies. If you read my brilliant Society's Pillar, you might conclude (as I have) that the brest placement in the scrapbook actually supports the case for Maybrick rather than detracts from it!

Now, that really would be irony, would it not?
                      Iconoclast

Comment

Sorry Mr Menges that last one went out before I saw your post
                        I think he was objecting to my comment to you about the value of your opinion (so I'd better apologise to him and you).

Anyway, he's never questioned your OFOTCN similes before and - as I thoroughly enjoy the craic - perhaps he'll permit a little good-natured metaphor in the house from time to time?
                        Iconoclast

Comment

By the way, here is one of life's little ironies. If you read my brilliant Society's Pillar, you might conclude (as I have) that the brest placement in the scrapbook actually supports the case for Maybrick rather than detracts from it!

Now, that really would be irony, would it not?
                          As P&P said, what about the handwriting?

Comment

• Or is that an attempt at distraction?

Comment

I think he was objecting to my comment to you about the value of your opinion (so I'd better apologise to him and you).

Anyway, he's never questioned your OFOTCN similes before and - as I thoroughly enjoy the craic - perhaps he'll permit a little good-natured metaphor in the house from time to time?
                              No apologies needed, as far as I'm concerned, but rules are rules I suppose.

Comment

• I was responding to a report. There’s been a few red flags about this thread sent my way this past week so take it generally and not directed at any particular member or comment.

Carry on

JM

Comment

Working...
                                X