Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Soothsayer View Post
    [1) and 2) added by me for clarity in the above]

1) I assume he wasn't drunk 24 hours a day.
    2) Your question to Paul is disgraceful and should be removed from the Casebook.
    Actually, can we let the question stay and remove Trevor from Casebook? Please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonathan H View Post
      As far as a harmless, somewhat profitable hoax goes which we can all agree is an hoax this is a terrific source, and in a peculiar way unexpectedly touching as the enterprizing cowboy-hustler who came up with the suit and the video and so on, was dying:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Making-Big.../dp/1591021391
      Hello Jonathan,

In which case ALL hoaxes are "terrific sources"?

My oh my that makes Ripperology quite a source pond- full of hoaxes and falsities...

Are these sources "reliable" though especially if they are built on lies? Absolutely not!

best wishes

Phil
      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
      Accountability? ....

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulB View Post
        No, Trevor, I won't. I won't even bother giving you the time of day in future. You can wallow in your ignorance.
        I just wonder which controversial issue you will pop up next in. Dont tell me let me guess . You were holidaying at the seaside home when the police brought Kosminski in.

Comment

• Oh Dear.

Monty
          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• To Michael

Thanks.

To Phil Carter

No, I mean the book, 'The Making of BigFoot" is a terrific source.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonathan H View Post

To Phil Carter

No, I mean the book, 'The Making of BigFoot" is a terrific source.
              Hello Jonathan,

thank you for the clarificaton,

best wishes

Phil
              Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

• Hello all,

Perhaps I am being crudely innocent here, but am left with the following observations-

1) Unless, out of the blue, person X or persons X and Y and Z speaks up without libelling named others involved in the Diary business, no-one will know for certain one way or another what the truth of the diary origins, developement etc will be
                known. If, for example, a person now deceased was involved, then unless proof can be attached to that person's involvement is brought to light undes the promise of non- investigation or legal threat in any form, then this subject is a dead end. There has been, sadly, too much dishonesty in Ripperology anyway without more dragging this monster to light of day without honesty to bring the subject forward.

2) The Diary represents, for me personally at least, a period
                of real and unrivaled accusation and counter accusation resulting in unparalelled venom within Ripperology. All because of dishonesty. It doesnt need bringing to the fore WITHOUT meaningful honesty attached. I fear it will, like other issues in this genre, never happen. Perhaps simply because the courage to reveal just isnt there. Perhaps ego. Perhaps to be seen as having been dishonest has issues that cannot be contemplated by a person. I don't know. I suspect some know much more than they can, or will say. But when the concience is questioned, it takes an honesty on another level to open up. I dont know. All I do know is that hoaxes, false claims and conning people is unbearably tiring to endure after a while. I'd love to see, for example, a refreshingly honest, perhaps anonymous, article produced in this genre which would advance instead of confuse this genre further. I fear it will never happen, sadly.

3) The Diary subject should just be left as it is so that it doesnt cause a repeat of the venom spitting anger of the 1990's to rear up again. We have had enough of circular debate as it is without The Diary again. We are only left with guesswork anyway.

Just my thoughts.

Best wishes

Phil
                Last edited by Phil Carter; 04-30-2012, 04:20 AM.
                Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                  I just wonder which controversial issue you will pop up next in. Dont tell me let me guess . You were holidaying at the seaside home when the police brought Kosminski in.
                  And thus speaks the the charlatan, the know nothing, the joke, the buffoon of Ripperology.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulB View Post
                    And thus speaks the the charlatan, the know nothing, the joke, the buffoon of Ripperology.
                    People have been banned for saying less on here but I am not vindictive I wont be making a complaint.

In the months ahead I think you will firmly regret making that statement.

Sometimes is good to play the fool but you should never underestimate one especially an experienced one

Comment

People have been banned for saying less on here but I am not vindictive I wont be making a complaint.

Sometimes is good to play the fool but you should never underestimate one especially an experienced one
                      Why would Paul get banned?

Just saying it as it is.

You have no grounds Trevor.

Monty
                      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Soothsayer: How do you get round the fact that the 'diary' does not appear to be in Maybrick's handwriting?

Best wishes,
                        Steve.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
                          Why would Paul get banned?

Just saying it as it is.

You have no grounds Trevor.

Monty
                          Leahy got banned for less

Comment

Trevor,
                            I have no evidence on which to deny that you are the experienced fool you claim to be.

People get banned for habitually making utterly crass and objectionable statements like calling Keith Skinner a thief, suggesting that Martin Fido has often back-peddled on his theory, claiming that a powerful cartel stops you being given information, or suggesting that I helped Mike Barrett write his 'confession'. People get banned for strutting about making provocative remarks intended to start a flame war so they can kid themselves that someone actually takes them seriously. People get banned for uttering all the stupid and ill-informed nonsense that you vomit onto these message boards with a tireless determination.

People don't get banned for telling the truth.

And there is absolutely nothing that is ever going to make me regret saying anything about you because if you ever bring new information to the table - and you haven't brought any so far - I will welcome it, warmly and enthusiastically because I welcome any and all good and new information. But right now, right this minute, with nothing to back you up, just displays of crass and naive posturing, and rude and offensive comments, what I have said about you is mild and is, above all else, true. But, Trevor, I hope you will bring us new information in the coming months. I really do. I know you won't believe that, but it's true. The subject could do with an influx of new information. In the meantime, play the fool if you like, but don't bleat about it when people believe your performance is the real you.
                            Last edited by PaulB; 04-30-2012, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven Russell View Post
                              Soothsayer: How do you get round the fact that the 'diary' does not appear to be in Maybrick's handwriting?

Best wishes,
                              Steve.
                              But get around what? The fact that a reasonably well-bred person in the 1880s wrote in the familiar and formal copperplate style for public documents such as letters and Wills, but may well have written in a cackhanded, unstructured way when writing for his own personal benefit, never intending it for the bookshelves of unknown others?

The handwriting doesn't concern me in the slightest, and for that very reason. If, however, you produced a known example of James Maybrick's private scribblings, ideally during a period of time when he was known to be murdering people, and it looked nothing like the handwriting in the journal, I would genuinely admit it must have been a hoax.

All that glitters is not gold, Steve, and there are no riches to be had in citing the handwriting examples we have - the real money lies in the handwriting we don't have ...

On a related theme, I recently came across an old notebook I was using twenty years ago to scribble down a load of thoughts meant only for my reference, and the first thing which struck me was how little I recognised even my own hand, for it looked nothing like how I write in business nor even in private. The moment was fleeting, but highly illuminating (as gold so often is) ...

Comment

• I see. And it's "glisters" by the way.

Steve.

Comment

Working...
                                X