No announcement yet.

picture of mary kelly's room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must confess I nicked that from Wikipedia, there's plenty more about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Carol View Post
      Hi Normy,
      Wow - you're quite a man, aren't you! Not only well-developed but well educated. Are you, by any chance, rich? (Must go, hubby's coming).
      Lots of love
      Carol
      Blimey!
      'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Yep that's me. A brain, a chest and a wallet...all empty!

Comment

Originally posted by Normy View Post
          I must confess I nicked that from Wikipedia, there's plenty more about it.
          Gawd there's a LOT more of insane comments in the aforesaid 'book'.!!!!!!!!!!

Wiki is totally correct of course and if you're into The Templars et. al. I honestly recommend The Hiram Key by Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas ISBN0-09-969941-9 A great read which agree or disagree will make you think a bit.............IMHO!
          'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Originally posted by Normy View Post
            Yep that's me. A brain, a chest and a wallet...all empty!
            Nice one, Norm.
            allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Even if there were writing on that wall, it could be showing through an old worn-out layer of paint, and have nothing to do with JTR.
              "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Celesta......Elwood is one of my all time favorite characters! And HARVEY is still the BEST!

NOW, doesn't all this FM, AB, Bafomet, etc, etc. begin to sound like the fruitbat in Arizona who found the Virgin Mary in a Cheeto?? Or, even better, the face of Jesus in an omelette?? After a lengthy session of staring, you could see anything and be certain of it! When you want something badly enough, you just may find yourself seeing something that is not there........

Cheers,

Judy

Comment

Exactly, Judy.

It's called "pareidolia."

And in this case, it's just the product of some people's desire to believe what they want to believe, despite all the real evidence and simple common sense pointing exclusively in one direction -- towards this thing being an obvious hoax.

All the best,

--John

Comment

Hi Judy,

I'm always happy to run into a fellow Harveyite or Elwoodite. Another favorite from it is :

Dr. Chumley: "This sister of yours is at the bottom of a conspiracy against you. She's trying to persuade me to lock you up. Today, she had commitment papers drawn up. She has your power of attorney and the key to your safety box, and she brought you here!"
                    Elwood P. Dowd: "My sister did all that in one afternoon. That Veta certainly is a whirlwind, isn't she?"

It's the total lack of malice and resentment in Elwood that moves me. She's trying to commit him and he admires her ability to get things done. Hilarious!

Yes, I agree that if a person wants something to be there bad enough, they will make it be there. But not Harvey, of course. We know he was there. We have his portrait! I heard somewhere that someone saw either Jesus or the Virgin Mary in a grilled-cheese sandwich.

Still, I have to admit that the partition behind MJK's bed is an odd-looking affair. The way the shadows are and probably scuff-marks and maybe dirt, etc. showing through the old paint, it's hard to tell exactly what it really looks like.

Best,

Cel
                    "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by needler View Post
                      Celesta......Elwood is one of my all time favorite characters! And HARVEY is still the BEST!

NOW, doesn't all this FM, AB, Bafomet, etc, etc. begin to sound like the fruitbat in Arizona who found the Virgin Mary in a Cheeto?? Or, even better, the face of Jesus in an omelette?? After a lengthy session of staring, you could see anything and be certain of it! When you want something badly enough, you just may find yourself seeing something that is not there........

Cheers,

Judy
                      Well, there is that possibility.

The alternative, of course, which is certainly true in my case, is that the letters are pointed out to you and you see them too and you go "Oh yes, there they are" (whether you have a strong psychological drive to see them or not).

Your theory would certainly hold water if you could point out any bit of the MJK picture, stare at it long enough, and see the letters 'FM'.

What is so compelling about the 'FM' under discussion is that when people see them they are always in the same place.

Comment

No Letters on the Partition

Originally posted by Soothsayer View Post
                        Your theory would certainly hold water if you could point out any bit of the MJK picture, stare at it long enough, and see the letters 'FM'.
                        What is so compelling about the 'FM' under discussion is that when people see them they are always in the same place.
                        The simple fact is that there are no letters on the partition wall in Kelly's room. A close examination of the original print merely reveals what appears to be splashes of blood that have run down in places and hence the reason for that particular spot being singled out as the one where letters appear.

It amuses me how those who have never seen the original photograph but have merely used reproductions in books to base their arguments on are so emphatic about what they see - or rather what they want to see. It is a fad started by Simon Wood in 1988, widely publicised by the A-Z, and used by some 'diary' fantasists (especially Feldman) to further their dubious arguments.
                        SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

To the left of where the F is supposed to be, can anyone see the letter H in this photo?

It looks like 'THEM' to me.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stevey View Post
                            To the left of where the F is supposed to be, can anyone see the letter H in this photo?

It looks like 'THEM' to me.
                            NO
                            Regards Mike

Comment

Oh, ok.

Does anyone see the word 'MAY' in this pic
                              Attached Files

Comment

Two Photographs

As is well known there are two original photographs of the Kelly murder scene. The first (in black and white) was the one discovered by Don Rumbelow back in the 1960s with the City Police. This was the first one published and it appears in many of the earlier published books starting with Farson and is distinguished by the bright spot to the left of the alleged lettering.

The second photo (in sepia) is that anonymously returned to New Scotland Yard, in the photograph album, in 1988. Since its return it suffered damage diagonally across the left upper side of the photograph. It is the one used by Paul Feldman which he had copied. It, too, has now appeared in several books, usually in black and white. Reproduced below is the relevant area of the two photographs, the first the one found by Don Rumbelow and the second the one returned in 1988 -

Click image for larger version

Name:	drmjk1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	654802

Click image for larger version

Name:	pfmjk1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	654803

Both are affected by the grain of the photographic paper and their obvious age. The former image is the one on which a letter 'M' appears discernable, although under magnification the true nature of the marks is more apparent and appears more like random splashing on the partition as opposed to a deliberate letter. The the bottom part of the alleged letters disappear behind the corner of the mattress.
                                SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

Working...
                                X