The Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ally View Post
    It was a minder for the Cabal. Like Scientologists, no high-ranking member of the Cabal is allowed out without a chaperone, lest they have an independent thought and break ranks.

(Apologies to the board and Keith Skinner for the irreverence but I just could not resist. I tried, but I was weak.)
    Hey
    You might not be far wrong there ! But no harm in shaking the tree

Comment

• Uh huh. I once watched a documentary where a baboon sat and shook a tree for like five minutes hoping the fruit would fall into its lap. The nature channel, so enlightening.

Let all Oz be agreed;
      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Uh huh. I once watched a documentary where a baboon sat and shook a tree for like five minutes hoping the fruit would fall into its lap. The nature channel, so enlightening.
        Well I am glad to see that you do are widening your horizons taking time out from here its good for the mind and stimulating

But I bet the baboon got the fruit in the end ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

But I bet the baboon got the fruit in the end ?
          No the smarter monkey climbed the tree, did the work, and got the reward.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

No the smarter monkey climbed the tree, did the work, and got the reward.
            And then the baboon being the bigger and stronger hi jacked the monkey and took it from him. Isn't that the law of the jungle.?

Comment

• Actually the law of the jungle, i.e darwinian principle is not survival of the strongest, though many people in their lack of comprehension believe it so. The test is survival of the fittest: the one most suited to an environment, thrives there.

If you fail to comprehend the reality of the world that you are immersed in, if you are not suited to it either by character or understanding, you will perish. Success is about adaptation that allows you the best option of getting what you need.

Not brutishly shaking things in the hopes what you want falls from the sky.
              Last edited by Ally; 06-22-2013, 02:47 PM.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Actually the law of the jungle, i.e darwinian principle is not survival of the strongest, though many people in their lack of comprehension believe it so. The test is survival of the fittest: the one most suited to an environment, thrives there.

If you fail to comprehend the reality of the world that you are immersed in, if you are not suited to it either by character or understanding, you will perish. Success is about adaptation that allows you the best option of getting what you need.

Not brutishly shaking things in the hopes what you want falls from the sky.
                Well I will live for ever then

Comment

• All that bullshit aside, the 18th January meeting at Barrett's house comprised of Barrett, Keith Skinner, Shirley Harrison, Sally Evemy (not Emmy - and she was Harrison's literary partner) and a, quote, 'mutually agreed independent witness' named as Kenneth Forshaw, a Liverpool former CID man, who later told Keith Skinner that he didn't think Barrett was capable of forging The Diary.

You've only got to read 'The Ripper Diary' by Linder, Morris and Skinner, and all the above will be available to you before your very eyes.

Hope this helps.

Graham
                  We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• Originally posted by Graham View Post
                    All that bullshit aside, the 18th January meeting at Barrett's house comprised of Barrett, Keith Skinner, Shirley Harrison, Sally Evemy (not Emmy - and she was Harrison's literary partner) and a, quote, 'mutually agreed independent witness' named as Kenneth Forshaw, a Liverpool former CID man, who later told Keith Skinner that he didn't think Barrett was capable of forging The Diary.

You've only got to read 'The Ripper Diary' by Linder, Morris and Skinner, and all the above will be available to you before your very eyes.

Hope this helps.

Graham
                    Thanks I don't have the book. May I ask what was his role and purpose for being there, and who took him along ?

Comment

• its worht investing in a copy if you're interested in anything to do with the diary.
                      “be just and fear not”

Comment

• Who do you think took him along Trevor? Why do you think Keith was there?

Have you done any research on this or are you yet again relying on others to nudge you, a Ripper expert, in the right direction?

Monty
                        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• Problem with trying to research diary is that the people around it have changed their story so many times you can't believe them.If we look at the so called real story in Mr Feldmans book from a policemans point of view the story is perfect diary has a history so it's genuine and its not forged no one goes to prison very convenient.
                          Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Hi Pinkmoon,

The people who once so excitedly buzzed around the "Diary" have since changed their stories so many times that they've set the record for the most people ever to sit on a fence.

Regards,

Simon
                            Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• I think the fact that the merseyside police were very interested in the diary unsettled a few and then we found out the REAL story that it had been hanging round Mrs barretts family for years and only now they decided to do something with it.That story in Mr Feldmans book about diarys history was very convenient and it got every one of the hook also it made a few quid .
                              Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                                I think the fact that the merseyside police were very interested in the diary unsettled a few and then we found out the REAL story that it had been hanging round Mrs barretts family for years and only now they decided to do something with it.That story in Mr Feldmans book about diarys history was very convenient and it got every one of the hook also it made a few quid .
                                Hi pinkmoon,

You may be getting a bit confused here, but it's a complex human story so quite understandable. Anne made her controversial claim that it had been 'hanging round' her family for years shortly after her estranged husband Mike had gone to the papers with the ridiculous claim that he wrote it himself. He did that in June 1994, many months after Scotland Yard had concluded their investigation and come up empty. In short, he had no need to confess to anything, and apparently nothing to gain, apart from the satisfaction of ruining Feldman's plans. On the contrary, he would have had much more to lose than diary royalties if his confession had contained any incriminating evidence.

Anne's counter claim only made matters worse and certainly didn't get anyone 'off the hook'. She didn't do it to 'make a few quid' either, as she had previously written to Doreen Montgomery saying she wanted no share in the diary royalties. Between them, the Barretts' antics from mid-1994 effectively made the royalties dry up in any case.

Love,

Caz
                                X
                                Last edited by caz; 08-21-2013, 10:46 AM.
                                "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Working...
                                X