Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by erobitha View Post
    3) Eddie lived on Fountains Road in March 1992
    I am not disputing this point, but merely trying to refresh my memory because I remember that Lord Orsam asked about this in one of his 2021 articles.

The list of the electricians drawn-up for Feldman's use dates to 1993. It's reasonable to think that Lyons was also living there in 1992, but did Keith fact-check this and confirm that Lyons was already camped out with his girlfriend in March 1992?

This is tangential to the matter at hand, but I don't recall if this was resolved or confirmed, though I think it might have been.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

I am not disputing this point, but merely trying to refresh my memory because I remember that Lord Orsam asked about this in one of his 2021 articles.

The list of the electricians drawn-up for Feldman's use dates to 1993. It's reasonable to think that Lyons was also living there in 1992, but did Keith fact-check this and confirm that Lyons was already camped out with his girlfriend in March 1992?

This is tangential to the matter at hand, but I don't recall if this was resolved or confirmed, though I think it might have been.
      I understand that Keith was not involved with Feldman's research into the electricians for 'Final Chapter'. My understanding is that Feldy himself was hassling Rhodesy directly for the addresses of the electricians. I believe Rhodesy provided Paul with the details of the other electricians via fax. Eddie was missed on that list. Mike was hassling Graham Rhodes for the same list, but Rhodesy refused to give it to him.

Paul didn't initially have Eddie's details. My belief is that an electrician named on Rhodesy's list provided Feldman Eddie's phone number. We get the infamous "How much is it worth?" line from Eddie from the subsequent phone call Paul made. It was this that spooked Feldy and threw him off the scent of the electricians.

This all happened around April 1993. Funnily enough, just before Mike pens one of his many affidavits. In this one, he re-iterates the Tony D provenance and swears that is the truth and nothing but the truth. Until the next one.

It is true, as far as I know, that there is no empirical public evidence available (as yet), that Eddie lived with his girlfriend, Christine, in a flat on Fountains Road within spitting distance of The Saddle in March 1992.

From 2003 they lived on Grandison Road in L4. We have the publicly available electoral register for that, but that location is irrelevant.
      Last edited by erobitha; 05-17-2023, 06:57 PM.
      Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
      JayHartley.com

Comment

I understand that Keith was not involved with Feldman's research into the electricians for 'Final Chapter'. My understanding is that Feldy himself was hassling Rhodesy directly for the addresses of the electricians. I believe Rhodesy provided Paul with the details of the other electricians via fax. Eddie was missed on that list. Mike was hassling Graham Rhodes for the same list, but Rhodesy refused to give it to him.

Paul didn't initially have Eddie's details. My belief is that an electrician named on Rhodesy's list provided Feldman Eddie's phone number. We get the infamous "How much is it worth?" line from Eddie from the subsequent phone call Paul made. It was this that spooked Feldy and threw him off the scent of the electricians.

This all happened around April 1993. Funnily enough, just before Mike pens one of his many affidavits. In this one, he re-iterates the Tony D provenance and swears that is the truth and nothing but the truth. Until the next one.

It is true, as far as I know, that there is no empirical public evidence available (as yet), that Eddie lived with his girlfriend, Christine, in a flat on Fountains Road within spitting distance of The Saddle in March 1992.

From 2003 they lived on Grandison Road in L4. We have the publicly available electoral register for that, but that location is irrelevant.
        A couple of corrections to the above:
        • The investigation that prompted Feldy to badger Rhodesy for the electricians details was for his video, not his later book
        • I named Graham Rhodes when in fact, I did mean Colin; of course
        • Eddie's name and address apparently was listed on that fax - it was simply missing his phone number. That was provided to Feldy by Jim Bowling
        JayHartley.com

Comment

Remarkable.

As far as your theory goes, this is rather a key point to confirm, isn't it?

The next question would be whether Eddie and Christine were an 'item' in March 1992. ​

Originally posted by erobitha View Post
          2) Eddie was raised on Howley Street, which was close to The Saddle. He went to St Joseph’s beside The Saddle
          Presumably you mean St. John's and not St. Joseph's. It's a primary school, so I doubt Eddie was stopping in the Saddle while attending it. ​

Comment

Remarkable.

As far as your theory goes, this is rather a key point to confirm, isn't it?

The next question would be whether Eddie and Christine were an 'item' in March 1992. ​

Presumably you mean St. John's and not St. Joseph's. It's a primary school, so I doubt Eddie was stopping in the Saddle while attending it. ​
            I clearly made a minor mistake by calling St. John's St. Josephs.

In response to your first point - we do have documented proof Christine and Eddie were living together at 44a Fountains Road as of February 1992. A three minute walk to The Saddle Inn.

We also have documented proof that Eddie's name (and subsequent new address as of 23rd April 1993) was supplied to Feldman by Colin Rhodes, even with a polite note that claims Jim Bowling will have Eddie's phone number as Colin didn't have it.

The evidence is not mine to show, but I have seen it.

Isn't it curious Mike wrote his Tony D provenance affidavit just 2-3 days after this fax was sent. It's almost as if he was panicking that the net was closing in.

Just another coincidence, nothing to see here?

Last edited by erobitha; 05-24-2023, 03:06 PM.
            JayHartley.com

Comment

I clearly made a minor mistake by calling St. John's St. Josephs.
              In response to your first point - we do have documented proof Christine and Eddie were living together at 44a Fountains Road as of February 1992. A three minute walk to The Saddle Inn.
              We also have documented proof that Eddie's name (and subsequent new address as of 23rd April 1993) was supplied to Feldman by Colin Rhodes, even with a polite note that claims Jim Bowling will have Eddie's phone number as Colin didn't have it.
              The evidence is not mine to show, but I have seen it.
              Isn't it curious Mike wrote his Tony D provenance affidavit just 2-3 days after this fax was sent. It's almost as if he was panicking that the net was closing in.
              Just another coincidence, nothing to see here?
              So, let me see if I have understood this properly, ero b, as I may not have fully followed the implications of your most excellent post: A year after Mike Barrett produces the Victorian scrapbook, Feldman is up in Scouserpool (you know, that place that won't have a team in the Champions League next season) asking Colin Rhodes (of Portus & Rhodes, the firm which was pulling-up James Maybrick's floorboards on the same day Mike Barrett was fishing for a buyer of a James Maybrick scrapbook 37,500 days after he died) for a list of his electricians' contact details, and a few days later Mike Barrett - who had previously yet to find his Inner Penchant for Affidavits (he'd find his IPA again, of course, much later, generally pissed up a wall on his way home from the pub but that's another story) - signed the first of his many affidavits, this one sincerely claiming to have received the scrapbook from Tony Devereux (his sadly deceased mate).

Have I just about got that right? Out of nowhere, Barrett ***** the bed and starts signing affy Davids that - effectively - he definitely didn't get the Victorian scrapbook from that bloke Lyons who lived next to and drank in The Saddle, the same club [sic] Barrett would frequent so frequently?

I have to say, if I have managed to keep up with this accurately, that's jolly suspicious or else staggeringly coincidental timing.

I wonder what made him do that?

[Thirteen year old, waving arm in air frantically: "ooh, me Miss, me!"]

Ike
              Iconoclast
              Materials: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox

Comment

• Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post

So, let me see if I have understood this properly, ero b, as I may not have fully followed the implications of your most excellent post: A year after Mike Barrett produces the Victorian scrapbook, Feldman is up in Scouserpool (you know, that place that won't have a team in the Champions League next season) asking Colin Rhodes (of Portus & Rhodes, the firm which was pulling-up James Maybrick's floorboards on the same day Mike Barrett was fishing for a buyer of a James Maybrick scrapbook 37,500 days after he died) for a list of his electricians' contact details, and a few days later Mike Barrett - who had previously yet to find his Inner Penchant for Affidavits (he'd find his IPA again, of course, much later, generally pissed up a wall on his way home from the pub but that's another story) - signed the first of his many affidavits, this one sincerely claiming to have received the scrapbook from Tony Devereux (his sadly deceased mate).

Have I just about got that right? Out of nowhere, Barrett ***** the bed and starts signing affy Davids that - effectively - he definitely didn't get the Victorian scrapbook from that bloke Lyons who lived next to and drank in The Saddle, the same club [sic] Barrett would frequent so frequently?

I have to say, if I have managed to keep up with this accurately, that's jolly suspicious or else staggeringly coincidental timing.

I wonder what made him do that?

[Thirteen year old, waving arm in air frantically: "ooh, me Miss, me!"]

Ike
                I think it was just pure coincidence Ike. Like him hounding Rhodesy for that exact same list. Then turning up at Eddie's door threatening him with all sorts of legal action. Where did he get the address by the way? It definitely wasn't from Rhodesy. I doubt Feldman did him any favours. Which begs the question who did give Mike Eddie's new address? All coincidental.

Move along people. Nothing to see here.
                JayHartley.com

Comment

Out of nowhere, Barrett ***** the bed and starts signing affy Davids that - effectively - he definitely didn't get the Victorian scrapbook from that bloke Lyons who lived next to and drank in The Saddle, the same club [sic] Barrett would frequent so frequently?
                  Whoa there, Cowboy. You'll get tagged for reckless driving.

"Out of nowhere?" April 1993 is when the news of the diary broke in the Liverpool Post and when Smith was in negotiation with the Sunday Times, etc. etc.

Comment

A couple of corrections to the above:[*]Eddie's name and address apparently was listed on that fax - it was simply missing his phone number. That was provided to Feldy by Jim Bowling
                    And was Eddie's address on this fax Fountains Road or was it in Maghull, six miles to the north?

Comment

And was Eddie's address on this fax Fountains Road or was it in Maghull, six miles to the north?
                      The address on the fax was not Fountains Road for Eddie Mr Mud, that is true. That fax was sent in April 1993.

The information I have seen confirms Eddie lived with Christine on Fountains Road, a hop, skip and a jump from The Saddle Inn, in 1992 and 1993.

JayHartley.com

Comment

• I'm Mr. Mud for pointing out that you've changed your statement three times over the course of four posts?

You first unequivocally claimed he lived on Fountains Road in March 1992 in Post #9639. You also claimed his address was not on the fax secured by Feldman.

When I quizzed you about how you knew where he lived, you responded in Post #9647, and I quote

"It is true, as far as I know, that there is no empirical public evidence available (as yet), that Eddie lived with his girlfriend, Christine, in a flat on Fountains Road within spitting distance of The Saddle in March 1992."

Which obviously means that you were talking out of your hat in your original post.

I merely said, "remarkable" and dropped the matter.

You then came back a day or so later and again claimed that you now had documented evidence that Eddie lived on Fountains Road in March 1992, but weren't at liberty to reveal the documentation, which is fairly strange. Why the secrecy? He doesn't live there anymore and neither does his ex. Who gives a damn if you reveal the source of where some bloke lived over three decades ago?

You also corrected your previous error by admitting that Eddie's address was on the fax, after all. You didn't bother to mention what that address was, however. I then find out from reading Lord Orsam's articles (I had missed it earlier) that Eddie's address was, in fact, on the fax, and it wasn't on Fountains Road. It was somewhere in Maghull or Mugwump or whatever that section of Liverpool is called.

I'm finding it hard to keep up with your ever shifting information.

I guess I'll wait for James J's documentary to appear.
                        Last edited by rjpalmer; 06-01-2023, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I guess I'll wait for James J's documentary to appear.
                          Guess so.
                          JayHartley.com

Comment

When I quizzed you about how you knew where he lived, you responded in Post #9647, and I quote

"It is true, as far as I know, that there is no empirical public evidence available (as yet), that Eddie lived with his girlfriend, Christine, in a flat on Fountains Road within spitting distance of The Saddle in March 1992."

Which obviously means that you were talking out of your hat in your original post.
                            Or if you read the words again, I said I was unaware such information was publicly available (as yet). That meant I knew of the evidence but wasn't sure if it was public knowledge. I know lots of things you don't know RJ. That doesn't mean they are in the public domain.

I don't share other people's research or how they found it without their permission. In this case, I don't have their permission.

The fax contained a different address from the evidence that proves Eddie was living on Fountains Road with Christine in 1992 and 1993. I have seen it, it exists. That's it.

JayHartley.com

Comment

• Rather awkwardly for one such as I in so fine a mood this glorious morning, it seems that there is a village somewhere once again bereft of its Prince Myshkin (without the good bits, by the way). Got the bus to Barking, as it were, methinks.

Asking for evidence that James Maybrick wrote the Victorian scrapbook, I can happily cite that whoever did write it knew of Florence Maybrick's initials on Mary Kelly's wall, and noted this previously unremarked-upon and yet utterly evidential fact to - quite inadvertently - confirm that the author of the scrapbook was the author of the initials on the wall and thus a nailed-on cert for the badge of Jack, Case Closed to wear forever on their lapel in the fires of Hell.

Which I hear was restyled not so very long ago by Beelzebub after a flying visit to Pennywell and a 'city' (pah!) where 'having one i' means something very different indeed.

Ike
                              Iconoclast
                              Materials: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox

Comment

Rather awkwardly for one such as I in so fine a mood this glorious morning, it seems that there is a village somewhere once again bereft of its Prince Myshkin
                                Quite

Comment

Working...
                                X