One Incontrovertible, Unequivocal, Undeniable Fact Which Refutes the Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmenges View Post

Elsewhere it has been insinuated that I am somehow involved in the suppression of the Alan Gray tapes since I asked Keith if I could release them and was told that they can be released once they were cleaned up.
    It wasn't me who was tasked with cleaning them up. It was James Johnston. I've never heard the tapes. I've never been instructed to suppress the tapes because I've never received copies of the tapes. I have no idea what Keith Skinner and James Johnston intend to do with the Alan Gray tapes, or when they plan on doing it, beyond what I said in my post from June 2020.
    I would have happily supplied this information to said Elsewhere if they had bothered to ask but its obvious they delight in accusing me of being involved in wild conspiracies instead.

JM
    Presumably by ‘cleaning’ we are talking of attempting to improve the audio quality? They’d have to be in a pretty bad state to justify withholding them for all this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

Presumably by ‘cleaning’ we are talking of attempting to improve the audio quality? They’d have to be in a pretty bad state to justify withholding them for all this time.
      Three years ago Keith and James were working on a documentary about the Maybrick Diary. There was even a long preview trailer made. They intended on using some of the Alan Gray recordings in the documentary but the audio quality is so horrendous and restoring it to something listenable -if that was possible-would be very time consuming. I was told that if and when the audio was suitably restored, and after they decided whether or not to use portions of it in their documentary, I would be allowed to release the remaining material via Rippercast.

Edit for Elsewhere- I do not know the current status of this documentary, I do not know whether restoring the tapes was a success or failure, I haven't spoken to them about it since 2019, which is why I said above that as of today I have no idea what they intend on doing with the tapes.

JM
      Last edited by jmenges; 01-30-2022, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Three years ago Keith and James were working on a documentary about the Maybrick Diary. There was even a long preview trailer made. They intended on using some of the Alan Gray recordings in the documentary but the audio quality is so horrendous and restoring it to something listenable -if that was possible-would be very time consuming. I was told that if and when the audio was suitably restored, and after they decided whether or not to use portions of it in their documentary, I would be allowed to release the remaining material via Rippercast.

Edit for Elsewhere- I do not know the current status of this documentary, I do not know whether restoring the tapes was a success or failure, I haven't spoken to them about it since 2019, which is why I said above that as of today I have no idea what they intend on doing with the tapes.

JM
        What about written transcripts, they should also be asked after all this time why that hasnt been done for transparencies sake I think they should either release them as they are, or transcribe them for all to see and hear.

By not doing so people will automatically suspect they are hiding something which is important to those who defend the diary or those who reject it.

Whatever possible reason could they still have for not doing either of the above actions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

What about written transcripts, they should also be asked after all this time why that hasnt been done for transparencies sake I think they should either release them as they are, or transcribe them for all to see and hear.

By not doing so people will automatically suspect they are hiding something which is important to those who defend the diary or those who reject it.

Whatever possible reason could they still have for not doing either of the above actions?

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
          If the quality of the tapes are "horrendous" do you think an accurate transcript can be made?
          If they were to produce a transcript of an admittedly "horrendous" recording..do you really think that would satisfy everyone?
          Or would the same people still be demanding to hear the original recordings?

JM

Comment

• I'd be happy to facilitate the release of the tapes to the public no matter what their quality.

JM

Comment

If the quality of the tapes are "horrendous" do you think an accurate transcript can be made?
              If they were to produce a transcript of an admittedly "horrendous" recording..do you really think that would satisfy everyone?
              Or would the same people still be demanding to hear the original recordings?

JM
              With modern technology the tapes could be re mastered and I dont belive they are that bad after all they have been used to quote various aspects of their contents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

With modern technology the tapes could be re mastered and I dont belive they are that bad after all they have been used to quote various aspects of their contents.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                I've not heard them but I get your point. These are all questions that should be directed to Keith.

JM

Comment

I've not heard them but I get your point. These are all questions that should be directed to Keith.

JM
                  I am sure Keith is aware of what technology can offer, but the question is will he when asked accede to the request and be totally transparent?

Comment

• I do so love my updates from FDC who has very trenchant thoughts on many issues which are often not in my general ken. Here's his latest thoughts (and - to be clear - I'm claiming no expertise here, and - to be clear - I have redacted text which I felt was either irrelevant or he would not want posted):

May I point out that unless one undergoes a kidney transplant, one will never get off kidney dialysis. Such a dialysis takes 4 hours per session and is progressive, first weekly, then daily etc…Half of the patients die within 5 years. Every year, an average of 1 in 6 dialysis patients dies. Of the kidney patients who start dialysis between the ages of 45 and 65, half die within five years. Dialysis can only take over kidney function to a limited extent (PD: 5% to 10%, HD: 10% to 15%). In other words, you're a living wreck for the years/months you've got left. Korsakoff's syndrome is similar to dementia and is also irreversible. People with Korsakoff's syndrome only have memories of the past, fantasize a lot, but no longer recognize people from their past. So if Mike really suffered from these two serious, potential fatal diseases, it's almost unthinkable that our fellow poster 'Pink Moon' spoke to the man on the street a year before his death (2015)?

It is part of the mythomaniac's modus operandi to feign illness and, if necessary, falsify such documents as evidence.Mike failed, even with the help of third parties, to put together a credible file in which he could expose his forgery step-by-step, systematically. Added to this is the total lack of witnesses!

Confessing a crime is quite different from proving a crime. And Mr Barrett certainly failed to do that.

Quick reminder that his first language is not English, though - as ever - you'd struggle to know it.

Cheers,

Ike
                    Iconoclast
                    Materials: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox

Comment

• Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

Sorry. It's Paul Feldman, from 'The Final Chapter.'

Feldy once theorized that Anne Graham had found the diary at Silk House Court, but soon learned that the original building had been razed in the 1960s. He even contacted the builders in the off chance that some of the old furniture or fixtures had survived the demolition and rebuild, but such was not the case. Ultimately, Feldman was forced to dismiss it as a 'red herring.'
                      RJ,

What was Feldman’s background? Presumably an American, from the NE, because he uses ‘off somewhere’ in the same way Ryan does?

Gary
                      Last edited by MrBarnett; 02-01-2022, 02:03 AM.

Comment

RJ,

What was Feldman’s background? Presumably an American, from the NE, because he uses ‘off somewhere’ in the same way Ryan does?

Gary
                        Hi MrB,

Paul Feldman was very very British - like the stereotypical bulldog from what I've seen of him on video. He was evidently from the south (from his accent) - London-way or some such.

Cheers,

Ike
                        Iconoclast

Comment

• Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post

Hi MrB,

Paul Feldman was very very British - like the stereotypical bulldog from what I've seen of him on video. He was evidently from the south (from his accent) - London-way or some such.

Cheers,

Ike
                          I thought he was a Brit.

I was just teasing.

It’s possible that a New York born Princeton graduate might employ the ‘off’ usage. We know a Scouser would. I would myself, and I’ve only just learned of Ryan’s existence.

Comment

I was just teasing.
                            Doh!

It would be rather obvious now in retrospect (even if it hadn't just been pointed-out to me privately)!!!

Cheers,

Ike
                            Iconoclast

Comment

• Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post
                              I do so love my updates from FDC who has very trenchant thoughts on many issues which are often not in my general ken. Here's his latest thoughts (and - to be clear - I'm claiming no expertise here, and - to be clear - I have redacted text which I felt was either irrelevant or he would not want posted):

May I point out that unless one undergoes a kidney transplant, one will never get off kidney dialysis. Such a dialysis takes 4 hours per session and is progressive, first weekly, then daily etc…Half of the patients die within 5 years. Every year, an average of 1 in 6 dialysis patients dies. Of the kidney patients who start dialysis between the ages of 45 and 65, half die within five years. Dialysis can only take over kidney function to a limited extent (PD: 5% to 10%, HD: 10% to 15%). In other words, you're a living wreck for the years/months you've got left. Korsakoff's syndrome is similar to dementia and is also irreversible. People with Korsakoff's syndrome only have memories of the past, fantasize a lot, but no longer recognize people from their past. So if Mike really suffered from these two serious, potential fatal diseases, it's almost unthinkable that our fellow poster 'Pink Moon' spoke to the man on the street a year before his death (2015)?

It is part of the mythomaniac's modus operandi to feign illness and, if necessary, falsify such documents as evidence.Mike failed, even with the help of third parties, to put together a credible file in which he could expose his forgery step-by-step, systematically. Added to this is the total lack of witnesses!

Confessing a crime is quite different from proving a crime. And Mr Barrett certainly failed to do that.

Quick reminder that his first language is not English, though - as ever - you'd struggle to know it.

Cheers,

Ike
                              Hi Ike,

I have a lot of catching up to do, so I'm probably missing something really significant here, but I'm at a loss to know how Mike's faked health conditions have any bearing over whether he faked the diary or was faking his various confessions to having faked it.

Either way, the silly faker f***ed up by exposing himself as a faker, but failing in his quest to expose himself as the faker of the f***ing diary.

AUCTION TICKET AUCTION TICKET AUCTION TICKET AUCTION TICKET

He either had this ticket at one time, but was faking his desire to prove his diary fakery, or he never had it in the first place, and faked everything he ever said about the diary because a faker can never change his faking spots.

Love,

Caz
                              X
                              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
                                ... a faker can never change his faking spots.
                                Oh - Lord - you do make me larf, Cazzykins!

(Though obviously I'm still very scared of you.)

Ike
                                Iconoclast

Comment

Working...
                                X