• Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post
    From Lacassagne (1899) ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021 07 29 Lacassagne MJK.jpg
Views:	1833
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	763860
    Literally nothing. FM? FA.

Sarcasm aside, dear Ike, this is the oldest known production, but only an original copy could be for the purist, and I doubt even Christian the tatty book collector has one of those. And then we could argue about period printing techniques etc. The pre Rumbelow has nothing, not even the glaringly obvious Baphomet. But, ah ha ha, I hear you say, the Rumbelow print came from an authentic, of the time plate, stashed away for 70 odd years, in decent condition. It's post Franconian production matters not a jot, to which I'd say, well yes, that's actually a reasonable argument, and bugger, I've just bolstered Ike's arsenal. Credit me for that one Ike.

Of course, for the FM to have any relevance, you'd have to believe....
    Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
      Credit me for that one Ike.
      Credit where credit's due, Abester!

Of course, for the FM to have any relevance, you'd have to believe....
      Abe, mate, it's okay to believe ...

Ike
      Iconoclast
      Materials: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox

Comment

• Ozzy This is a close-up from the image supplied to me by Ozzy. I have to say it is the best digital version I have seen yet in terms of detail and resolution.

The below is purely a close-up of the image supplied. No gimmicks. No filters. No editing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fm.jpg Views:	0 Size:	160.0 KB ID:	763873
        Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
        JayHartley.com

Comment

• Now for the gimmicks....

Anyone who has photoshop knowledge will be able to reproduce these easily.

This is the above image simply inversed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fm-inverse.jpg Views:	0 Size:	160.0 KB ID:	763875
          Last edited by erobitha; 07-29-2021, 07:37 PM.
          JayHartley.com

Comment

• Equalised.

Name:	fm-equalised.jpg
Views:	948
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	763877
            JayHartley.com

Comment

• Gamma levels increased.

Name:	fm-gamma.jpg
Views:	957
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	763879
              JayHartley.com

Comment

• Originally posted by erobitha View Post
                Equalised.

Name:	fm-equalised.jpg
Views:	948
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	763877
                Dingy wall. That's it. All three.
                Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

• Colour Negative (preset in curves)

Name:	fm-colour-neg.jpg
Views:	946
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	763882
                  JayHartley.com

Comment

• Threshold Levels (+113)

Name:	fm-threshold.jpg
Views:	943
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	763884
                    JayHartley.com

Comment

Dingy wall. That's it. All three.
                      I could have easily edited these to make it more prominent to suit my argument, but that would be disingenuous. Again, anyone who knows photoshop will agree it is easily done. You may just see grime, I see F and M.

If you are looking for perfect caligraphy in blood, I would say you might be setting your bar a little too high.
                      JayHartley.com

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
                        He saw - as he thought, for the first time - a book called Tales of Liverpool, in the library or W.H. Smith, and flicking through the chapters his eye fell on a reference to Battlecrease, right near the top of one of them. From there he was able to identify who the diary author was meant to be.
                        Congratulations, Caz. You're now a full-fledged member of the Barrett Believers Association! Lord Orsam will be forwarding a membership packet shortly.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Barrett Believer 1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	74.8 KB ID:	763890
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Barrett Believer.JPG Views:	0 Size:	61.3 KB ID:	763891

It's curious that even though Barrett had bought the diary from an electrician who found it under the floorboards of Jim Maybrick's bedroom--a famous old murder house in Liverpool, and just up the road from the Barrett's former house in Garston--(which one would think would have a fairly good clue to the identity of the diarist!) Mike was still so dense that he couldn't put 2 and 2 together, or even make the most obvious local inquiries, but instead had to rely on dumb luck while flipping through a thin booklet at W. H. Smith's.

If I didn't know Mike was such an honest bloke, I'd almost swear he was pulling our legs with this tale, and had actually owned the booklet when researching Maybrick at least as far back as the summer of 1991.
                        Last edited by rjpalmer; 07-29-2021, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by erobitha View Post

I could have easily edited these to make it more prominent to suit my argument, but that would be disingenuous. Again, anyone who knows photoshop will agree it is easily done. You may just see grime, I see F and M.

If you are looking for perfect caligraphy in blood, I would say you might be setting your bar a little too high.
                          Hi Ero,

I appreciate, we don't see eye to eye on Maybrick. I don't doubt your sincerity, and yes, doctoring photos might be an easy fix, but I'd not suspect that of any photo you post. Also, taking the time to post the photos in various resolutions for all to see is an honest approach, so thanks for doing so. All the same, you see FM, I don't. I dare say I never will, I dare say you never won't. I dare say we'll never agree about biscuit tins either, but hey, we're both here. We're two sides of the coin mate. Without your head, I've got no tail. We'll perpetually disagree, at least on Maybrick. But I'd never disagree out of bloody mindedness or disrespect. Hell, I've praised the brilliant society's pillar before! (Calm down Dave!)

Al,
                          Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Hi Ero,

I appreciate, we don't see eye to eye on Maybrick. I don't doubt your sincerity, and yes, doctoring photos might be an easy fix, but I'd not suspect that of any photo you post. Also, taking the time to post the photos in various resolutions for all to see is an honest approach, so thanks for doing so. All the same, you see FM, I don't. I dare say I never will, I dare say you never won't. I dare say we'll never agree about biscuit tins either, but hey, we're both here. We're two sides of the coin mate. Without your head, I've got no tail. We'll perpetually disagree, at least on Maybrick. But I'd never disagree out of bloody mindedness or disrespect. Hell, I've praised the brilliant society's pillar before! (Calm down Dave!)

Al,
                            Can't really argue with that response Al. Agree to disagree is fine by me.
                            JayHartley.com

Comment

Hi Ero,

Al,
                              For ****'s sake, Abe - why did you have to bring up coins!

You'll just set me off again ...
                              Iconoclast

Comment

• Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

Congratulations, Caz. You're now a full-fledged member of the Barrett Believers Association! Lord Orsam will be forwarding a membership packet shortly.
                                For ****'s sake, Caz - don't open the packet!

And wear your best Kevlar for the next few weeks ...
                                Iconoclast

Comment

Working...
                                X