This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post
    We are distinctly at cross-purposes here. Just because you don't see what many others see doesn't mean it's a trick of the brain! Some might say it could simply be a deficiency in yours! It is not simply I who can see those letters, as has been attested to many many times on this thread. Most people who acknowledge that they can see what looks like letters are not hardcore advocators of the journal.

Something is there that looks compellingly like the letters F and M and may well therefore be the letters F and M. If that were the case, it will be game over for Jack Chasers. As we sit here, we don't know for certain, but I believe that it is far more likely that they are there than that they are not and that is not because I want them to be there. Not every snivel is a cold. It's not always going to be pareidolia when someone sees something which supports their argument. If you can't see that and recognise that then you will be a very difficult person to debate with. If you can't see that, then I can, and I promise you that that is not wishful thinking, pareidolia, or good old winding-up.

Ike
    Thank you for stating a solid argument without the usual sarcasm - for once I agree that you are a genius!

I feel you're slightly missing my point - which is: I've read most of the posts on this subject, including your own, and I feel very confident in saying that a significant majority of people here assert that they do not see FM on that partition wall.

And the majority of that majority assert not merely that you're reading the letters wrong, or reading the wrong letters, they assert that there is in fact no writing there. No letters. No initials. They see marks that on most copies of the plate look very similar to other marks on adjacent parts of the wall.

But you're certain.

and I promise you that that is not wishful thinking, pareidolia, or good old winding-up.
    And there's the problem, Ike. You see, given the different blurry marks and artifacts we see on different reproductions and copies of the plates, and given the sheer number of people asserting that the letters aren't there, that's a promise you shouldn't feel capable of making.

Unless of course, it's a good old wind-up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post
      Something is there that looks compellingly like the letters F and M and may well therefore be the letters F and M.
      The "F" is very much debatable and, unless it's been highlighted, I struggle to see it sometimes. Indeed, the "H" I imagine below is rather clearer than the "F", and the two "I"s to the right of the image are as distinct as the alleged "M".

Click image for larger version

Name:	menemene.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	667104

So, who could "H M I I" be? It could be an anagam of "mihi", I suppose, in which case we're looking for a Latin scholar with a big ego.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        The "F" is very much debatable and, unless it's been highlighted, I struggle to see it sometimes. Indeed, the "H" I imagine below is rather clearer than the "F", and the two "I"s to the right of the image are as distinct as the alleged "M".

[ATTACH]18232[/ATTACH]

So, who could "H M I I" be? It could be an anagam of "mihi", I suppose, in which case we're looking for a Latin scholar with a big ego.

Maybe he put all the letters there.... amongst the letters of his wife.... to hide them.

plausible?

Comment

• Note also the shaping of the 'M' on the leg and the wall...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaz View Post
            Maybe he put all the letters there.... amongst the letters of his wife.... to hide them.

plausible?
            Not really. Besides, as I've said, it's really difficult to see the "F", in which case we're just left with "M". Perhaps he was married to Judi Dench? Bernard Lee, even?
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Are you supposing he sat down on the floor to write all these letters? Because that's the only way their location makes sense. Picture a man sitting on the edge of the bed, and imagine the natural height of his hand as he reaches out to write on the wall. It's unnatural to have them written so low. Unless he pushed the bed aside and sat or crouched on the floor.

Comment

Not really. Besides, as I've said, it's really difficult to see the "F", in which case we're just left with "M". Perhaps he was married to Judi Dench? Bernard Lee, even?
                Its YOU thats outlined at least six letters.

Naysayers call them blood spatters... what are the chances of 6 readable (traceable) letters appear through blood spattering?

Comment

• Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
                  Are you supposing he sat down on the floor to write all these letters? Because that's the only way their location makes sense. Picture a man sitting on the edge of the bed, and imagine the natural height of his hand as he reaches out to write on the wall. It's unnatural to have them written so low. Unless he pushed the bed aside and sat or crouched on the floor.
                  Are you supposing a raving lunatic who had just done this to another human being.... just 'wouldn't'?

Comment

Its YOU thats outlined at least six letters.
                    Yes, but I know that I've imagined them. The marks are there all right, but I've turned them into the nearest letters to which they could be said to approximate.
                    Naysayers call them blood spatters... what are the chances of 6 readable (traceable) letters appear through blood spattering?
                    But they're NOT readable, though, in the sense that they could even loosely be described as well-formed letters. They're just marks which can, by means of the imagination, be "forced" into looking something like letters of the alphabet.
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Are you supposing a raving lunatic who had just done this to another human being.... just 'wouldn't'?
                      This is a dismal variation of Christer's "because he was a psychopath" gambit.

So you concede that the position is unnaturally low for someone who wasn't sitting on the floor. Good to know. Thank you. You think that Maybrick shoved the bed aside so that he could squat on the floor so as to write the initials of his wife so low down and so indistinctly that seasoned detectives never noted their presence.

Indeed, their presence down there went unnoticed by all. Until they were spotted on some copies of copies of copies of copies of copies of a dirty smudgy old photograph, by some people, but not by others, and not on other copies of copies of copies of copies.

Clear.

Comment

Ah, the good old "he was mad, so he could have done anything" Joker card is played again!
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Ah, the good old "he was mad, so he could have done anything" Joker card is played again!

Hey, I'm only playing devils advocate here. Theres no cards being 'played' by me.

You're saying it can't be so. I'm saying 'why not'?

Comment

Hey, I'm only playing devils advocate here. Theres no cards being 'played' by me.

You're saying it can't be so. I'm saying 'why not'?

Comment

Have I jumped back onto the Lechmere the Psychopath thread by mistake?

Has Fish returned from his hibernation
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                                Have I jumped back onto the Lechmere the Psychopath thread by mistake?

Has Fish returned from his hibernation
                                Fish got tired of being filleted here.

Comment

Working...
                                X