This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
    The Vitriol is usually written in my opinion to put off people who for whatever reason want to promote ludicrous suspects. Which I believe is a good thing.

Cheers John
    Goodness, we'll take that as a confession of guilt then, John?

Why would you assume that someone's theory is 'ludicrous' and therefore you can throw vitriol all over it to shut them up?
    Iconoclast
    Materials: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox

Comment

The Vitriol is usually written in my opinion to put off people who for whatever reason want to promote ludicrous suspects. Which I believe is a good thing.

Cheers John
      Hi,
      I wouldn't consider Maybrick as ludicrous at all, as some one else once said "If you take away the Diary and the watch.....Maybrick still makes a valid suspect "

The attitude by one individual at the time was " your all fools to persist with Maybrick because I know for a fact the Diary is a fake. I know everything about it but refuse to tell"

Regards

Comment

• Originally posted by spyglass View Post
        Hi,
        I wouldn't consider Maybrick as ludicrous at all, as some one else once said "If you take away the Diary and the watch.....Maybrick still makes a valid suspect "

The attitude by one individual at the time was " your all fools to persist with Maybrick because I know for a fact the Diary is a fake. I know everything about it but refuse to tell"

Regards
        How does he make a valid suspect?????
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post

Why would you assume that someone's theory is 'ludicrous' and therefore you can throw vitriol all over it to shut them up?
          I don't assume it's obvious to me when a suspect is a none starter.

Comment

• The Diary is a forgery. The watch evidence is a joke. With that in mind Mabrick is a poor suspect.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
              How does he make a valid suspect?????
              The interesting thing about the Maybrick journal is that it has raised the very strong possibility that Jack the Ripper travelled in to Whitechapel, stayed long enough to kill and get away with it, and then left again to return to his 'normal' world.

Without the journal and the watch, Maybrick is no more valid than any other travelling-killer candidate, but that's not what Spyglass claimed. He simply said he was a valid suspect, and I think that is therefore true.

With the journal (and the watch), he escalates to the very top of the list and until those artefacts are debunked as hoaxes once and for all time, we cannot exclude Maybrick as an extremely plausible candidate for Jack.
              Iconoclast

Comment

No it is not a confession of guilt however I am often blunt and I call a spade a spade.

Comment

I don't assume it's obvious to me when a suspect is a none starter.
                  Oh but you do assume.

You know nothing John Wheat ...
                  Iconoclast

Comment

The Diary is a forgery. The watch evidence is a joke. With that in mind Mabrick is a poor suspect.
                    At last - someone can show us the proof of the hoax, what a relief everyone!

Erm ... whenever you're ready, mate ...
                    Iconoclast

Comment

No it is not a confession of guilt however I am often blunt and I call a spade a spade.
                      I'm more pneumatic drill, but we're all different, aren't we?
                      Iconoclast

Comment

The interesting thing about the Maybrick journal is that it has raised the very strong possibility that Jack the Ripper travelled in to Whitechapel, stayed long enough to kill and get away with it, and then left again to return to his 'normal' world.

Without the journal and the watch, Maybrick is no more valid than any other travelling-killer candidate, but that's not what Spyglass claimed. He simply said he was a valid suspect, and I think that is therefore true.

With the journal (and the watch), he escalates to the very top of the list and until those artefacts are debunked as hoaxes once and for all time, we cannot exclude Maybrick as an extremely plausible candidate for Jack.
                        How is he a valid suspect without the Journal and the Watch?

You say he is as valid as any other travelling suspect, well please tell me one thing, not from the diary that links him in any way to the crimes.
                        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                          How is he a valid suspect without the Journal and the Watch?

You say he is as valid as any other travelling suspect, well please tell me one thing, not from the diary that links him in any way to the crimes.
                          Please, GUT, what planet are you on?

How many of the 200+ candidates ever proposed for Jack have actually got any links to the crimes???
                          Iconoclast

Comment

How many of the 200+ candidates ever proposed for Jack have actually got any links to the crimes???
                            A major candidate like Druitt, or Kosminski. What links have they got to the crimes (none whatsoever that I'm aware of beyond desperate, even vain, speculation) and yet they are right up there at the top of the list.

In Druitt's case, his family thought he might have been the murderer. That was it!!!
                            Iconoclast

Comment

A major candidate like Druitt, or Kosminski. What links have they got to the crimes (none whatsoever that I'm aware of beyond desperate, even vain, speculation) and yet they are right up there at the top of the list.

In Druitt's case, his family thought he might have been the murderer. That was it!!!
                              And on this website it is considered perfectly acceptable to propose theories around them.

In this context, you do need the journal and the watch, but once you have them you have a candidate who is out there in the stratosphere of likely Jacks. Out in a league of his own in terms of evidence. Find me one other Jack who has such a strong case to support any theory around them.
                              Iconoclast

Comment

Awww so the answer is

"maybrick has no links to the crimes"

Thanks.
                                G U T

Comment

Working...
                                X