One Incontrovertible, Unequivocal, Undeniable Fact Which Refutes the Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Observer View Post
    They were reluctant to give their names.
    You actually know that for a fact?
    Iconoclast
    Materials: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox

Comment

Then why did you suggest it ?
      Wanted to be reassurred that you knew that I knew it is all ...
      Iconoclast

Comment

• Originally posted by Iconoclast View Post
        Quite. Do let us all know when you find one. (Has to follow Tom Mitchell's original criteria mind - you can't just chuck in, "Erm, like the writing doesn't match the known formal handwriting of James Maybrick even though it wasn't written for an audience", etc.)

Good luck with that. You'll be a while.

Have a quick re-read of the original post, though, before launching in with stuff that isn't incontrovertible. One of the things you won't be launching in with will be "Ah, the hoaxer got it completely wrong, Maybrick's brother only wrote music". That one was offered up many a time before it was nailed by research.

Here's an idea - mention 'Poste House', or 'tin matchbox, empty', or the Crawshaw poem being found by Barrett, or Barrett's brilliantly asinine confession (and his next one and the one after that all interspersed with retractions), et cetera.

Not an incontrovertible fact amongst them.

As I say, you'll be a while ...
        Dear Iconoclast, I see that your membership to this Forum doesnt extend beyond August 2015. Believe me when I say we, many of us, have punched holes, many holes into the ridiculous notion that the Maybrick Journal is genuine. You are very fond of advising other posters to go read this, go read that, well, here's a bit of advice. Go and at look at the many thousands of posts devoted to the Maybrick Journal here in this Forum, it will open your eyes possibly to the fact that the Journal is one big hoax. As I said to Geddy earlier, it's all been discussed before.

However, in retrospect, an individual who believes that most of the main players initials in the Maybrick saga can somehow be discernible in the Goulston Street graffiti is beyond help I fear.

Comment

You actually know that for a fact?
          Yes indeed

Comment

Dear Iconoclast, I see that your membership to this Forum doesnt extend beyond August 2015. Believe me when I say we, many of us, have punched holes, many holes into the ridiculous notion that the Maybrick Journal is genuine. You are very fond of advising other posters to go read this, go read that, well, here's a bit of advice. Go and at look at the many thousands of posts devoted to the Maybrick Journal here in this Forum, it will open your eyes possibly to the fact that the Journal is one big hoax. As I said to Geddy earlier, it's all been discussed before.

However, in retrospect, an individual who believes that most of the main players initials in the Maybrick saga can somehow be discernible in the Goulston Street graffiti is beyond help I fear.
            Nonmembership does not preclude readership. I've been on here a long long time, Observer. I've read it all, every word.
            Iconoclast

Comment

Yes indeed
              You've spoken to them all, I'm guessing?

I love a wee laugh at the end of the day.

But enough about you!
              Iconoclast

Comment

Believe me when I say we, many of us, have punched holes, many holes into the ridiculous notion that the Maybrick Journal is genuine.
                No you haven't. You've simply convinced yourselves that your opinions are all that is valid.

That's fine. It's human nature. Don't sweat it.

But equally, own it.
                Iconoclast

Comment

Go and at look at the many thousands of posts devoted to the Maybrick Journal here in this Forum, it will open your eyes possibly to the fact that the Journal is one big hoax.
                  Just before I head to my bed, let me run one wee prediction by you.

You haven't read a single one of the four books on the subject, have you?

Do you know how I know? Because a long exchange a year or so ago established that almost no-one who contributes to the Maybrick site has any insight whatsoever on the journal becuase they haven't read it nor read the books based on it.

Sam Flynn he'd read a facsimile of the journal on the internet and I swear I nigh on wet myself. Such experts!

You haven't read any of the books and you haven't read the journal because your mind was made up for you.

That's fine, mate. It's just human nature, is all.

Doesn't make you right, of course, but that's not something that really matters to you when you've already decided you are.

Every word, mate. Every word I have read.

Just saying is all ...
                  Iconoclast

Comment

• Originally posted by spyglass View Post
                    Hi,
                    Just one question, what makes everyone think that the clue that was left for everyone to see was the so called letters on the wall by the bed ?
                    Just saying.

Regards.
                    Sharpen your sword, son.

It may be time we put the band back together ...
                    Iconoclast

Comment

Nonmembership does not preclude readership. I've been on here a long long time, Observer. I've read it all, every word.
                      Then there's no hope for you. Dream on.

Comment

You've spoken to them all, I'm guessing?

I love a wee laugh at the end of the day.

But enough about you!
                        If I'm down in the dumps one sure fire way to "give me a wee laugh at the end of the day" is to read "The Dairy Of Jack The Ripper"

Comment

If I'm down in the dumps one sure fire way to "give me a wee laugh at the end of the day" is to read "The Dairy Of Jack The Ripper"
                          Try it. Let me know what you think.
                          Iconoclast

Comment

Then there's no hope for you. Dream on.
                            With hope in my heart.

Though I hate Liverpool (ironically). Can't forgive them for May 4, 1974.
                            Iconoclast

Comment

No you haven't. You've simply convinced yourselves that your opinions are all that is valid.

That's fine. It's human nature. Don't sweat it.

But equally, own it.
                              Yes I have, many times. It is you who have convinced yourself that your opinions are all that matters.

But don't sweat it, one day you may well come to your senses

Comment

Just before I head to my bed, let me run one wee prediction by you.

You haven't read a single one of the four books on the subject, have you?

Do you know how I know? Because a long exchange a year or so ago established that almost no-one who contributes to the Maybrick site has any insight whatsoever on the journal becuase they haven't read it nor read the books based on it.

Sam Flynn he'd read a facsimile of the journal on the internet and I swear I nigh on wet myself. Such experts!

You haven't read any of the books and you haven't read the journal because your mind was made up for you.

That's fine, mate. It's just human nature, is all.

Doesn't make you right, of course, but that's not something that really matters to you when you've already decided you are.

Every word, mate. Every word I have read.

Just saying is all ...
                                So you've read the original journal???
                                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
                                X