X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by caz View Post
    Hi Kaz,

But if it worked you'd still only get back as far as the day Mike acquired it.

How would that tell you anything about its real origin, eg its author, the motivation behind it, or the date it was actually written?

I am every bit as certain that Mike knows none of the answers (beyond how and when he came by it) as Stewart is certain the thing is a modern creation.

Love,

Caz
    X
    Would have to buy him a lot more than one pint as well! the man's got alcoholic constipation....he can't pass a pub
    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Let's not forget Mr Barretts original plan as well.
      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• You mean to buy a greenhouse, Pinky?

Well he could have done that with his share of the royalties from Shirley's book, but by the time he had enough money his wife had left him to it, so maybe gardening was the last thing on his mind. He could have gone on to buy ten greenhouses if he hadn't wanted to shaft Feldy so badly that he told the papers he had written the diary himself - effectively cutting off his own green fingers in the process.

What a silly faker.

Love,

Caz
        X
        "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

You mean to buy a greenhouse, Pinky?

Well he could have done that with his share of the royalties from Shirley's book, but by the time he had enough money his wife had left him to it, so maybe gardening was the last thing on his mind. He could have gone on to buy ten greenhouses if he hadn't wanted to shaft Feldy so badly that he told the papers he had written the diary himself - effectively cutting off his own green fingers in the process.

What a silly faker.

Love,

Caz
          X
          Hi caz,Mr Barrett showed me he his bank book a couple of times he also showed me the letters from the researchers solicitors trying to get him to pay half the research fees which he never did .He spent most of the money on alcohol and gambling the rest he wasted don't think the greenhouse ever turned up though.

Comment

Hi Kaz,

But if it worked you'd still only get back as far as the day Mike acquired it.

How would that tell you anything about its real origin, eg its author, the motivation behind it, or the date it was actually written?

I am every bit as certain that Mike knows none of the answers (beyond how and when he came by it) as Stewart is certain the thing is a modern creation.

Love,

Caz
            X

How and when he came by it is still a big question that needs an honest answer.

The diary would have been viewed VERY differently if say the electricians handed it over to the owner of battlecrease or if Anne and her father had come forward with it.

The diary was on a back foot from the get go thanks to mikes obvious lies.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
              Hi caz,Mr Barrett showed me he his bank book a couple of times he also showed me the letters from the researchers solicitors trying to get him to pay half the research fees which he never did .He spent most of the money on alcohol and gambling the rest he wasted don't think the greenhouse ever turned up though.

I bet he 'wasted' the greenhouse money on loose women!!

Oh, what a waste of money! tut tut tut !

Comment

• Hi kaz,he did have a lady friend pretty quickly as soon as the money started to come in I don't known what she could have seen in a rich drunken middle-aged alcoholic.

Comment

• G'day MayBea

You put the Diary on the stand, you try to prove it guilty and we'll try to defend it.
                  Clearly you can't put an inanimate object on trial. But I'd love to see some of those involved on trial, I have no doubt that with a nice sentence hanging over them those not actually guilty of anything serious would tell the truth pretty quickly.

We might actually get the truth of where it came from. But I can't see that happening.
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                    Nice George Best line there, Pinky.

I don't disagree. If the greenhouse was once his dream, the diary put paid to it by becoming his worst nightmare.

Love,

Caz
                    X
                    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Nice George Best line there, Pinky.

I don't disagree. If the greenhouse was once his dream, the diary put paid to it by becoming his worst nightmare.

Love,

Caz
                      X
                      Giving somebody with a drink problem a lot of money is always going to end in tears.

Comment

• Anyone know what the current situation is with Mike B? Still alive/drinking/not speaking to Anne?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal Hayes View Post
                          Anyone know what the current situation is with Mike B? Still alive/drinking/not speaking to Anne?
                          I've seen him recently he's best left alone because of all of the half truths and lies connected to the dear diary we will never know the truth and let's face it even if we are told the truth will we believe
                          it?
                          Last edited by pinkmoon; 01-15-2015, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• As for initials...

I see "H B" -- not "M F"... But maybe that's just me. Seriously, it's just visual matrixing...
                            Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                            ---------------
                            Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                            ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                              I see "H B" -- not "M F"... But maybe that's just me. Seriously, it's just visual matrixing...
                              Correction: apparently I was looking in the approximate area, not the exact area, and it is supposed to read "F M" not the other way around. In which case, I suppose I can see a "M", but do not see the "F"-- for all the difference it makes anyway, which is none.
                              Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                              ---------------
                              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                              ---------------

Comment

• It was Tempus Omni Revelat who started a thread about the letters, FM or otherwise, pointing out the clue had to be somewhere else.

It's now become apparent to me that Mary Kelly's whole body had been contorted to form a J-M.

Left arm bent, and legs bent and splayed to the side...A J and an M...

Comment

Working...
                                X