This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Lynn,

Hoots mon, you're disturbingly well-informed. There's obviously a security leak at my end.

Yes, my book will consign lots of dusty dogma and sacred JtR belief—including the diary—to the dustbin of history.

In keeping with a recent BBC promotional puff which said Jack is now an internationally-recognized brand, you may select your winning prize from the forthcoming "Barbie and Ken C5 Collection".

Regards,

Simon
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
      Hi Lynn,

Hoots mon, you're disturbingly well-informed. There's obviously a security leak at my end.

Yes, my book will consign lots of dusty dogma and sacred JtR belief—including the diary—to the dustbin of history.

In keeping with a recent BBC promotional puff which said Jack is now an internationally-recognized brand, you may select your winning prize from the forthcoming "Barbie and Ken C5 Collection".

Regards,

Simon
      Hi Simon
      Whats the title and when is it coming out?

Comment

• luck

Hello Simon. Och, laddie, I did nae do nothing except make a looky guess.

Is there a Ken with a kilt?

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

• Hi Abby,

"Deconstructing Jack: The Secret History of the Whitechapel Murders".

Due to as yet unresolved problems with the book/TV tie-in, the publication/release date is not yet known.

Thank you for your interest.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Hi Lynn,

Sorry, no kilt. No Jock the Ripper.

But one of Ken's optional extras is a rather fetching leather apron.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
              Question: could these two motifs be combined in one book?

Hi lynn

Perhaps in a song in the much maligned Cockney skiffle genre

JTR's a dustman
              He wears a dustman's hat
              He wears gorblimey trousers
              And lives in a council flat

Hi Simon

Much looking forward to a book from you, if book there be.
              allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Hi Abby,

"Deconstructing Jack: The Secret History of the Whitechapel Murders".

Due to as yet unresolved problems with the book/TV tie-in, the publication/release date is not yet known.

Thank you for your interest.

Regards,

Simon
                Thanks and good luck with it. I will be awaiting both for sure.

Comment

• Jacob the Ripper

Hello Simon. Well, give him close clipped hair and a moustache--don't forget the foreign look--and I'll take him. But instead of Jack or Jock, I'll go with Jacob.

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

• ah!

Hello Stephen. Now you're talking!

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

Regards,

Simon
                      Hi Simon,

In consigning the journal to the dustbin of history, can we be reassured that it will find itself bound there not by conjecture, wishful thinking, misinformation, and argument from personal incredulity, but by at least one incontrovertible, unequivocal, undeniable fact which ultimately and finally refutes it? (Please.)

Personally, I'd accept any one of the following:

1) The actual authors are named and shamed with the evidence of their fraud.
                      2)The journal or the ink are proven categorically to be post-LVP.
                      3) There is an otherwise unnoticed anachronism which could not realistically have been recorded in the journal in 1888 (this would have to exclude the reference to 'Poste House' as it appears to be an anachronism but far from a categorical one).
                      4) A new journal has been uncovered with a better account of the crimes, ideally having survived more than twenty years in the media spotlight without being categorically refuted by the evidence.

If you can promise me that, I'll definitely be first in the queue.

Counting the days!

Comment

• Hi Soothsayer,

The short answer to your first question is: Yes.

In answer to the requirements of your wish-list: Although fascinating in itself, the when, where, how, by whom and by what means the Diary was conceived, executed and ultimately peddled to a gullible audience is irrelevant to the subject at hand.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Or
                          JTR’s a dustman
                          He wears a wideawake hat
                          He wears astrakhan trimmed trousers
                          And he lives in a common lodging house

Comment

Hi Soothsayer,

In answer to the requirements of your wish-list: Although fascinating in itself, the when, where, how, by whom and by what means the Diary was conceived, executed and ultimately peddled to a gullible audience is irrelevant to the subject at hand.

Regards,

Simon
                            Well, sir, if the answer to my first question is 'Yes', I would have to agree.

My breath is bated and I await with it ...

Comment

Hi Soothsayer,

Regards,

Simon
                              Hi Simon,
                              Well we will just have wait and see then, what a pity then that others who claim or imply ( in a round about way ) that they have had all this evidence for many years now, could'nt have put us out of our misery many years back.

Soothsayer...old pal,
                              lets see the out come, but till that day I will back you to the hilt in that quest for The One Incontrovertible, Unequivocal,Undeniable Fact Which Refutes the diary...and until that day you and I are right... it aint been proved YET.

Comment

• Originally posted by spyglass View Post
                                Hi Simon,
                                Soothsayer...old pal,
                                lets see the out come, but till that day I will back you to the hilt in that quest for The One Incontrovertible, Unequivocal,Undeniable Fact Which Refutes the diary...and until that day you and I are right... it aint been proved YET.
                                Spysie,

They just don't make detective/warriors like us any more, do they?

And they say men can't multi-task!

I'm happy to keep the faith until the faith is put out. See you on the battlefield, mate, at the front, dodging bullets, like we've always been ...

S

Comment

Working...
                                X